H. Wayne Huizenga, the founding owner of the Florida Marlins and Florida Panthers, as well as the former owner of the Miami Dolphins, died Thursday night at his home. He was 80. Valerie Hinkell, a longtime assistant to Huizenga, told The Associated Press of Huizenga's death when reached at the family residence Friday. She gave no details on cause of death. Huizenga, a billionaire who made his fortune creating Fortune 500 companies such as Waste Management Inc., Blockbuster Video and AutoNation, simultaneously owned all three sports teams from 1994 to 1998 -- the first man to own teams in three major sports leagues. His net worth in 2017 was reported to be $2.8 billion, according to Forbes Magazine.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Americans looking for love or companionship on Craigslist can't make a connection. The classified ads site on Friday has taken its personals section offline in the United States. The action comes after the U.S. Senate on Wednesday passed an anti-sex trafficking bill that could hold the website and others responsible for illegal activity if it becomes law. The company says the Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act seeks to subject websites to criminal and civil liability. A message on the site says any tool or service can be misused and the company hopes it can bring them back "some day." Craigslist closed by saying: "To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!" A message seeking comment from Craigslist was not immediately returned.
(CNN)One person has been killed and others taken hostage at a supermarket in a southern French town of Trebes, according to media reports citing the local mayor. The office of the public prosecutor said it had opened a murder investigation in relation to an act of terrorism. The incident unfolded at a Super U supermarket late Friday morning. A local prosecutor said the attack appeared to be "ISIS-inspired," CNN affiliate BFM TV reported. Images from the scene showed police and security personnel surrounding the supermarket. French Interior Minister Gérard Collomb said on Twitter that he was on his way to Trebes. He had been briefed by security forces and a security cordon has been established in the area, he wrote.
For decades, birth control pills have exclusively been used by women. But a male birth control pill that is both safe and effective may be on the horizon, according to a new study. The results of the study were presented Sunday at the annual Endocrine Society meeting in Chicago. The researchers found that the proposed hormone pill, called dimethandrolone undecanoate or DMAU, effectively reduced testosterone and other hormone levels responsible for sperm production without any serious side effects, according to Dr. Stephanie Page, an endocrinologist at the University of Washington School of Medicine and a lead author of the study. "Our goal -- and everyone's goal in this field -- is to develop a method for men that has minimal side effects, and the holy grail would be to develop something that also has a health benefit for men," Page said.
Reality cooking at it's finest. I love Kalen.