99% could understand that global warming is an impending catastrophe, but if the other 1% is paying politicians to ignore it then it doesn't matter. And that's what we're getting.
In 1823 (NOT 1923) is was shown that the greenhouse effect was caused by CO2. In 1898 this was linked to fossil fuel causing a warming climate. That's the age of the science that deniers are denying. Sigh.