Sunday, July 21, 2019

Women have come a long way in the United States over the last 70 years, to the point where they are now seen as being as competent as men, if not more so, according to research published by the American Psychological Association. "Challenging traditional claims that stereotypes of women and men are fixed or rigid, our study joins others in finding stereotypes to be flexible to changes in social roles," said Alice Eagly, PhD, of Northwestern University and lead author on the study. "As the roles of women and men have changed since the mid-20th century, so have beliefs about their attributes." The research was published in American Psychologist®, APA's flagship journal.

Comments

It's a good thing more men are cutting off their willies to make women equal to men.

#1 | Posted by Petrous at 2019-07-19 09:56 PM | Reply

They are unmatched in giving birth.

For those seeking spotless countertops, look no further.

You want a hug? You know where to go.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-07-20 12:25 AM | Reply

Thanks be to Trump.

#3 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-07-21 10:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Women Now Seen as Equally as Or More Competent Than Men

say other women... more on The View...

#4 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-07-21 07:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

What would happen if you said otherwise?

#5 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-07-21 07:22 PM | Reply

You want a hug? You know where to go.

My Cherry 2000?? coz....

She's poetry in motion
as She turned her tender eyes to me
As deep as any ocean
As sweet as any harmony

When I'm dancing close to her
I can smell the chemicals
She blinding me with science

but she's poetry in motion
And when she turned her eyes to me
As deep as any ocean
As sweet as any harmony

and when she's dancing next to me
I can hear the machinery
Ahhhh But, she's poetry in motion
And now she's making love to me...

apologies to Thomas Dolby.

#6 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-07-21 07:35 PM | Reply

2016: majority of male voters went for Trump
2019: women are now viewed as more competent than men

#7 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-07-21 11:53 PM | Reply

Well, when you have a couple decades now of mass media doing everything they can to portray men as bumbling idiots, it's no surprise.

It is still fun to watch how society uses the name of equality to find ways to differentiate different people based on demographics.

#8 | Posted by humtake at 2019-07-22 11:59 AM | Reply