Friday, July 19, 2019

A Pentagon cybersecurity contractor has been charged with threatening to kill a member of Congress over the introduction of a bill that would require public schools to vaccinate children, according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in the District of Maryland.

Comments

"I'm gonna kill your ass if you do that bill. I swear," Varnum's voicemail began. "I will ------- come down and kill your ------- ass. And you're a Congressperson, that's fine. I hope the ------- FBI, CIA and everybody else hears this ----."

Wish granted.

I'm sure it's all Obama's fault.

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-07-19 07:10 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

This is what Pres Trump is [imo, intentionally] tapping in to with his "go back" taunts.

More from the voicemail in the cited article:

..."This is the United States of America, bitch. Get the ---- out," the voicemail continued....

It's a recurring theme that I hear when I talk with some of the more ardent supporters of Pres Trump, i.e., this is our Country, not yours. Get out.

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-07-19 10:50 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

#3 | Posted by cbob at 2019-07-19 11:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

--Egged on by a paranoid, wacko president, the paranoid wackos are coming out of the woodwork.

#4 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-07-19 11:44 AM | Reply

#2 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER AT 2019-07-19 10:50 AM | REPLY | FLAG:

Yep.

But remember, its the left that is divisive.

#5 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-07-19 11:51 AM | Reply

@#4 ... compared detention centers to "concentration camps" ...

If the shoe fits..

From Random House Unabridged Dictionary:

concentration camp

a guarded compound for the detention or imprisonment of aliens, members of ethnic minorities, political opponents, etc., esp. any of the camps established by the Nazis prior to and during World War II for the confinement and persecution of prisoners.
[1900–05, applied orig. to camps where noncombatants were placed during the Boer War]

#6 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-07-19 11:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

who compared detention centers to "concentration camps"

concentration camp noun
Definition of concentration camp
: a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard

www.merriam-webster.com

Take it up with Merriam Webster comrade.

#7 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-07-19 11:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Random House is racist! Merriam Webster is racist!

#8 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-07-19 11:59 AM | Reply

@#8

Projecting again?

#9 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-07-19 12:12 PM | Reply

@#8

But more to the point of my #6

Now that one of your talking points has been shown to be based upon bad (incorrect?) information, are you going to change your talking point, or just ignore facts and continue as before?

#10 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-07-19 12:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Is Nixon an alias for Lamplighter? Pretty suspicious them both posting dictionary definitions a few minutes apart.

#11 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-07-19 12:34 PM | Reply

Why would it be suspicious that there are 2 sane people who like facts posting at the same time? And why would it even be relevant that it was the same person?

#12 | Posted by prius04 at 2019-07-19 12:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#11 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

No... they were both just eager to show you that you were being an idiot.

#13 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-07-19 12:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

@#11 ... Pretty suspicious them both posting dictionary definitions a few minutes apart. ...

I post here with only one alias.

I do read sometimes without logging in, though.

I've posted from the Random House dictionary before.

Is it the posting of the definitions by two aliases you don't like or, possibly, that those definitions (from two different dictionaries) show the error in your post?

#14 | Posted by lamplighter at 2019-07-19 12:46 PM | Reply

@#13 ... eager ...

I wasn't "eager" to post a definition. I did it out of politeness.

#15 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-07-19 12:48 PM | Reply

-- And why would it even be relevant that it was the same person?

Ask the person who's been throwing around the word "alias" a lot. I think all these accusations of multiple "aliases" are horseshtt, with one obvious exception.

#16 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-07-19 12:53 PM | Reply

@#16 ... Ask the person who's been throwing around the word "alias" a lot. ...

I suspect you mean me.

I use "alias" as a synonym for "poster".

I got into that habit when I first started using message boards (early 80's) because the message board I was using prompted you to "select an alias" when you signed up.

The appelation stuck.

That board also insisted that any time you comment on another's post, you comment on the post, not the alias that posted it. That also, for the most part, stuck.

When I ran some message boards in the 90's and 00's, I tried to foster that same type of environment.

But all of your deflection aside...

You never got around to answering my question... :)

#17 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-07-19 01:13 PM | Reply

Alias is not incorrect as you're using it. It just means username.

As opposed to your real name on your Long Form Birth Certificate.

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-19 01:20 PM | Reply

The greatest threat to domestic peace and tranquility in this insane country are the police and armed right wing nuts the police sympathize with.

#19 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-07-19 02:07 PM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY NULLI the POS

They are one in the same you stupid -----!
You need to be locked up in one under the same conditions, then maybe your mentally ill brain would get it. Seriously, you need to be institutionalized before you hurt someone.

#20 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-07-19 02:12 PM | Reply

"Egged on by a radical whack job congresswomen who compared detention centers to "concentration camps" a whack job antifa member assaulted an ICE detention center"

Thanks, First Amendment!

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-19 02:13 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Or your blather is so laughably bad it was an obvious rejoinder.

Don't blame other people that you step on your own dick every time you click publish.

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2019-07-19 02:18 PM | Reply

"A Pentagon cybersecurity contractor has been charged with threatening to kill a member of Congress over the introduction of a bill that would require public schools to vaccinate children"

Thanks, Second Amendment!
That's why we have it, right?
To protect us from a tyrannical government, right?

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-19 02:19 PM | Reply

--Or your blather is so laughably bad it was an obvious rejoinder.

#24 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-07-19 02:24 PM | Reply

"My post was obvious sarcasm"

Aren't they all?

#25 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-19 02:25 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

@#24 ... My post was obvious sarcasm directed at you yahoos who around here screaming about posters who allegedly have multiple handles. But as usual, you're too literal-minded and stupid to figure that out. ...

... and I note that you still have not answered the question I posed upstream in #10 and #17....

Here it is again, in case you missed it. :)

Of course, to my eyes, it looks like you're taking the latter choice, i.e., ignore the facts and continue as before.

Somehow I'm not surprised. :)

#26 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-07-19 02:47 PM | Reply

Interesting how he uses the same language as the POTUS. Did the POTUS get his language from people like this murderer?

A reporter needs to ask these questions.

#27 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-19 05:01 PM | Reply

#24 | Posted by nullifidian

In my defense sarcasm isn't a normal part of your repertoire.

I'm glad you were able to venture out of bitter misery for a post.

#28 | Posted by jpw at 2019-07-19 08:23 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Oh wow I used to know that guy. He seemed alright back in the day. Guess he went crazy.

#29 | Posted by byrdman at 2019-07-20 04:22 PM | Reply

Maybe he got bit by one of his own ticks.

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-20 04:26 PM | Reply