Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Donald Trump has been accused of "mass distortion of reality" after he shared misleading polling data on the two of the Democratic congresswomen of colour he targeted in a series of racist tweets.

Comments

Trump said "Omar is polling at 8%, Cortez at 21%. Nancy Pelosi tried to push them away, but now they are forever wedded to the Democrat Party. See you in 2020!"

However, the data he cited was based on a poll by news website Axios which only surveyed "white non-college voters" who supported Mr Trump in 2016."

#1 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-07-17 06:20 AM | Reply

So, AOC has support among 21% of white, non-college voters, who supported Mr. Trump in 2016?

That doesn't sound like especially great news for President Trump.

#2 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2019-07-17 07:18 AM | Reply

white non-college voters is not where I'd go fishing for support if I were AOC.

There is ground to be gained against Trump but not in that group, IMO.

#3 | Posted by eberly at 2019-07-17 08:28 AM | Reply

#4 | Posted by eberly at 2019-07-17 08:28 AM | Reply

"white non-college voters is not where I'd go fishing for support if I were AOC."

In her district? They aren't your Kansas variety white non-college voters Eberly. Not that she particularly needs them.

#5 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-07-17 10:13 AM | Reply

"white non-college voters who voted for Trump in 2016 is not where I'd go fishing....."

Still not a much of a loser's gambit in her district as it might be in other places.

#6 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-07-17 10:14 AM | Reply

5/6

fair points.

#7 | Posted by eberly at 2019-07-17 10:19 AM | Reply

"I should amend what I said in #3....white non-college voters who voted for Trump in 2016 is not where I'd go fishing.....
#4 | POSTED BY EBERLY AT 2019-07-17 08:28 AM"

That's the interesting point!

Without any "fishing", 21% "jumped into AOC's boat".

#8 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2019-07-17 10:43 AM | Reply

Hagbard pointed out that perhaps that group is different in AOC's district than where I live. I hadn't considered that.

#9 | Posted by eberly at 2019-07-17 11:06 AM | Reply

Trump lies?

Well there is a shocker.

Next thing you'll tell me is McConnell is partisan hypocrite.

#10 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-07-18 11:51 AM | Reply