Weatherford, Texas - Edwin was getting out of a small swimming pool outside his house when he touched the side of the trailer home and was electrocuted, Star-Telegram media partner WFAA reported.
The Parker County Sheriff's Department hired an electrician to investigate the cause of the shock. The electrician determined an old breaker box that is not made anymore and improperly connected wires in the house's walls caused the shock.
The hot wire was tied to the aluminum walls of the trailer. The walls were also tied to ground. Nobody noticed for 20 years till a wet child stepped out of an inflatable pool, tripped and fell forward and touched the wall.
But not the only in Texas...
NEW BOSTON, Texas - After their 10-year-old daughter was electrocuted Saturday in their New Boston, Texas, rental home, Scott Hendrix and Shelby Roos are speaking.
According to a report by KTAL-TV, Greenlee Buckley was looking for some baby kittens behind the family's dryer when she was electrocuted.
"There was enough electricity when I grabbed the dryer that it knocked me back," Hendrix said. "And, between adrenaline and panic, I grabbed the dryer out of the wall and got my little girl. She was already gone."
Greenlee's parents claim they've had electrical issues in the rental home before.
"I had been shocked by the washer and shocked by the dryer, but in the back of my mind it was like a static electricity shock," Roos said.
They said there were even problems in the bathroom.
"If one of us took a shower in there and you hit your head on the shower knob you would get shocked," Roos said.
The parents said they complained to their landlord, but claim only unlicensed people were sent to fix the problems. Now, they are warning others about addressing any electrical issues.