Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Democratic leaders on Wednesday scolded Democrats for publicly taking shots at each other and pleaded for unity as they head into key debates in the coming weeks. "You got a complaint? You come and talk to me about it. But do not tweet about our members and expect us to think that that is just OK," Pelosi told Democrats in a closed-door caucus meeting Wednesday, according to a source in the room. Pelosi warned that Democratic infighting plays into GOP hands and defended the moderates in the caucus. "I'm here to help the children when it's easy and when it's hard. Some of you are here to make a beautiful pâté but we're making sausage most of the time," Pelosi said. "Without that unity, we are playing completely into the hands of the other people." Pelosi also forcefully defended the centrists in the caucus and said it's better for Democrats to criticize her than attack the most vulnerable members publicly.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"I hope there will be some level of respect and sensitivity for our -- each individual experience that we bring to this Caucus," Pelosi said. "You make me the target, but don't make our Blue Dogs and our New Dems the target in all of this because we have important fish to fry," Pelosi said.

Comments

She's one to talk.

#1 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-07-10 04:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Time to start frying the fish then Nancy, especially the big Orange one in the whitehouse.

#2 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-07-10 04:50 PM | Reply

POSTED BY ABORTED_MONSON AT 2019-07-10 04:50 PM | REPLY

THAT Orange Roughy needs frying badly.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-07-10 04:54 PM | Reply

"Pelosi, cackling in maniacal laughter, disappeared amid a plume of smoke rising from the floor of the closed door meeting."

#4 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-07-10 05:29 PM | Reply

She's not wrong and is doing her job as it relates to her caucus, I'm glad to see that there is at least one adult in that room.

That being said, she has completely dropped the ball on commencing impeachment proceedings, but that is for another thread.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-10 05:35 PM | Reply

AOC on All the Committee Work Pelosi Is Assigning Her: 'I Wonder if They're Trying to Keep Me Busy'

"It must be tough, going from a hardworking bartending gig, to a $174,000 legislative job with few actual responsibilities, only to be told that you might on occasion have to legislate a little.

Can you imagine?

But that was Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's complaint on WNYC's "New Yorker Hour" earlier today. Apparently the stress of having to sit in Congress, as a congresswoman, and endure congressional-type activities is cutting into her real job of being on social media and shedding fake tears over empty parking lots. She said, "I was assigned to some of the busiest committees and four subcommittees. So my hands are full. And sometimes I wonder if they're trying to keep me busy."

"They" being House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who in AOC's mind is so threatened by AOC that she stuck the young congresscritter on a bunch of committees, just to keep her from tweeting mean things about Pelosi.
pjmedia.com

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-07-10 05:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'd say Nulli is obsessed with AOC, but, that's pretty obvious to even the most casual retorter.

#7 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-07-10 05:47 PM | Reply

"Nancy Pelosi, who in AOC's mind is so threatened by AOC that she stuck the young congresscritter on a bunch of committees, just to keep her from tweeting mean things about Pelosi."

What a riot. Had Pelosi denied AOC committee seats, this same idiot would be claiming proof of Pelosi's fear of AOC.

#8 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-07-10 06:24 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

Contextomy never looks good.

Your quoted phrase is in response to this quote of AoC.

"I was assigned to some of the busiest committees and four subcommittees. So my hands are full. And sometimes I wonder if they're trying to keep me busy." ~ AoC

So what does "they're trying to keep me busy" mean to you?

#9 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-07-11 10:20 AM | Reply

"Your quoted phrase is in response to this quote of AoC"

I realize that.

I also realize if the exact opposite had happened, the idiot at pjmedia would've come to the exact same conclusion.

Don't you get it? Once you have the desired result---Pelosi is SCARED of AOC(!)---everything "proves" your result: she assigns AOC, she doesn't assign AOC...it doesn't matter: clearly, Pelosi is scared!!!

#10 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-07-11 10:34 PM | Reply