Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Attorney General William Barr won't recuse himself from involvement in the new charges filed against alleged sex-trafficker Jeffrey Epstein by federal prosecutors in New York, according to a Justice Department official.

Comments

Despite the fact that Attorney General Barr actually knows Epstein personally, at least he probably does since Epstein once worked for Barr's father.

OCU

#1 | Posted by OCUser at 2019-07-09 09:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#1 | Posted by OCUser

Also the possibility Trump's name is going to come up ...

#2 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-07-09 10:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Telling. Barr un-recused himself before Trump could start treating him the way he treated Sessions after Jeff recused himself from the Trump-Russia investigation.

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-09 11:29 PM | Reply

Wonder if barr's name is going to show up on Pizza-gate, I mean Epstein-gate's client list....

Obviously not, since no recusal is taking place.

Batten down the sexual predator hatches!

#4 | Posted by SunTzuMeow at 2019-07-09 11:43 PM | Reply

Damn straight he wont. Do you know who the prosecutor was that let him off. Yeah.

I heard Trump took one ride one the Lolita Express. Bill took 26, and then claimed it was just four. But the flight records are public.

- From Russia With Love.

#5 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-09 11:49 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by SunTzuMeow

I swear that is the best user name ever. Even my cat likes it.

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-09 11:51 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday

Shut the hell up self described "political activist". We all know what you are up to person who signed on as #2 on the user list.

Also, the Coca-Cola corporation is very, very mad at you for what you did.

#7 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-09 11:55 PM | Reply

Trump didn't need to fly on Epstein's plane since he has is own. If Trump did anything untoward with Epstein it would have been at one of Epstein's homes, either in NYC or Palm Beach where Trump also has residences.

#8 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-09 11:56 PM | Reply

#7 I wasn't the second person to post on the Retort. There were a number of people here before me, but I think the user list got deleted or something, and I just happened to be the first person who signed in when the new list was put into effect. Something like that.

#9 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-10 12:01 AM | Reply

BTW, I can't look at the photo of Barr without being reminded of Jabba the Hut. Barr gives me the creeps.

#10 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-10 12:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Political Operative". That's very different. My bad.

#11 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-10 12:05 AM | Reply

#7 Yeah, go for that.

#12 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-10 12:07 AM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY

I get the creeps but the Jabba thing doesn't work for me.

What I see is a pale and shaven resemblance to Qusay Hussein...

#13 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-07-10 12:07 AM | Reply

Gal is spinning quite an impressive web.

Are you going to lay eggs in it?

#14 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-07-10 12:08 AM | Reply

Does anyone else here aver remember the user list being reset? Do you know easy it to copy a list? Lists are my favorite reading material lady. I know how they work.

#15 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-10 12:12 AM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY AT 2019-07-10 12:01 AM

People were posting on the DR for over a year (maybe almost 2) when RCade made login's optional, Gal is a rule follower so did it early...the rest of us oldtimers registered when RCade finally made it mandatory.

I really wish Rogers would bring back a spoofing thread, those were awesome days when we could do that.

#16 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-10 12:17 AM | Reply

The date on your user account is after mine. Tell me another good one.

#17 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-10 12:24 AM | Reply

#16 | Posted by Rightocenter

That's kind of weird. I don't remember Gal from before the Age of Chaos.

The first I remember the political operative was from RussiaGate.

Please tell me you don't work for Putin too....

#18 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-10 12:29 AM | Reply

#13 For me it's the weight and the down-turned ---- of a mouth that is Jabba-esque..

#19 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-10 12:29 AM | Reply

It is odd that he couldn't be mind-controlled.

Tail was a little sensitive. Nice taste in dancers though.

#20 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-10 12:38 AM | Reply

I heard Trump took one ride one the Lolita Express.

Not according to a number of sources ...

#21 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-07-10 01:24 AM | Reply

I heard Trump took one ride one the Lolita Express.

Not according to a number of sources ...

#22 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-07-10 01:25 AM | Reply

#10 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday

For awhile, I thought you might be Roger's wife .. #2, progressive, "Gal Tuesday" and all :)

#23 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-07-10 01:40 AM | Reply

"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy," Mr. Trump told New York magazine in 2002. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."

#24 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-07-10 01:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#23 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-07-10 01:40 AM

Are you kidding? Roger would never let his wife hang with the miscreants on the DR, he has far more sense than that

#25 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-07-10 01:47 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Trump once hosted an exclusive party with Jeffrey Epstein at his Mar-a-Lago estate, a new report says. It was just the 2 of them and '28 girls.'

The women were flown in for a "calendar girl" competition that was requested by Trump, the former associate, George Houraney, told The Times.

"I said: 'Donald, this is supposed to be a party with VIPs. You're telling me it's you and Epstein?'" Houraney recalled.

A quote Trump gave about a decade after that reported 1992 party in which Trump spoke highly of Epstein has been circulating widely amid the new charges.

"He's a lot of fun to be with," Trump told New York magazine in 2002. "It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it - Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

www.google.com

#26 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-10 09:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I was a friend of Jeffrey Epstein; here's what I know

Epstein's lawyers are signaling his most powerful friends' secrets are safe with him, will that keep them close?

The conventional wisdom among his friends was that Epstein has been victimized by greedy, morally dubious teenage girls and unscrupulous lawyers. "I've never condoned paying for sex, but if the young lady lied about her age it's her own fault," explained one socialite, who along with Wilbur Ross and Leon Black hobnobbed with Epstein at a Southampton movie screening just two months after his release from "community control" in Florida.

www.salon.com

#27 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-10 10:18 AM | Reply

Jeffrey Epstein Moved Freely in Hollywood Circles Even After 2008 Conviction

The billionaire, arrested July 6 for sex trafficking of minors, attended high-profile events like the 'Batman v Superman' premiere and frequented Oscar season parties even as the #MeToo movement took down other powerful figures.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

#28 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-10 10:43 AM | Reply

William Barr will make sure nothing touches his owner.

#29 | Posted by danni at 2019-07-10 10:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Barr is also fighting for the reputation of his father.

#30 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-10 11:33 AM | Reply

In 2000, a porter who worked next door to Epstein's Manhattan home told a British newspaper, admiringly, "I often see Donald Trump and there are loads of models coming and going, mostly at night. It's amazing."

#31 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-07-10 12:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Upon seeing the girls packed into Epstein's pool, Trump joked that he was allowing the neighborhood kids to use the pool.

#32 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-10 02:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I am so eager to hear Barr's latest convoluted and twisted summary that will Exonerate Trumpy completely.

Even though trumpy freely admits he prefers the young ones when doing his grabby thing.

#33 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-07-10 03:38 PM | Reply

Barr is also fighting for the reputation of his father.

#30 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

the All-father

images.app.goo.gl

#34 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-07-10 03:54 PM | Reply

Epstein has no college degree. Yet, Barr's father hired Epstein to teach l math and physics at Dalton School in Manhattan, a private school. After two years an internal review led to the departure of Epstein and Barr's father from any association with the school. Bear-Stearns' chairman, Alan "Ace" Greenberg, whose son attended the Dalton School hired Epstein as an options trader and the former teacher was able to amass a fortune. During Epstein's teaching period no allegations ever surfaced regarding his penchant for raping young girls, though you have to wonder. As long as Barr remains in charge it's likely to stay that way. Trump and Clinton have both taken joy rides on Epstein's private plane. What's wrong with rich fatcats having a little fun anyway? Even a rich fatcat is entitled to a little pleasure.

#35 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-07-10 08:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Also it appears that Wilbur Ross' name has been associated with Epstein and his penchant to allow just about anyone with either fame or money hitch rides on his private jets.

OCU