Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Tulsi Gabbard is accusing her Democratic presidential primary opponent Sen. Kamala Harris of staging a "political ploy" to smear former Vice President Joe Biden's reputation and his record on civil rights. She suggested that Harris' stance on busing today is hypocritical. "Really what she's saying saying is her position is the same one she was criticizing Joe Biden for," she said. "So this is just a political ploy and I think a very underhanded one just to try get herself attention, to move herself up in the polls."

Comments

Harris worked 9-5 plus overtime to keep the patriarchy strong and build her brand.

#1 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-09 04:59 PM | Reply

Yes, Tulsi is (smartly) using this to try to move up in the polls herself, but she's calling out legitimate hypocrisy.

#2 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-07-09 05:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#1 That's about how I see it too.
I see Kamala Harris as the ideological heir to Joe Biden.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-09 05:01 PM | Reply

I wish the Dems would sort all this out behind closed doors and then emerge as a team. But, hey, the folks want to see some blood.

#3 I see Biden as a teensy bit better because he did try to do the right thing over the decades

#4 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-09 05:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-09 05:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#4 I think I agree with that too.
I think it's too late for Biden, he seems out of touch and behind the times.
He would do better as a Republican, and based on his record, could surely run as one.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-09 05:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

with 20+ people in the race, it's almost impossible for anyone who isn't the frontrunner to gain any traction without making alliances with or against the said frontrunner. Mayor Pete has tacitly allied himself with Biden as well, for the time being.

#7 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-07-09 06:01 PM | Reply

Good for Gabbie. Harris is the biggest phony in the race; Hillary Clinton with a tan.

#8 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-07-09 06:04 PM | Reply

While I like Gabbie, this is just to get your name out there.

Democrat race has turned int a food fight.

#9 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-07-09 11:01 PM | Reply

The cynic in me tells me that Tulsi is jockeying for a VP or Cabinet nod from Biden with this obvious pandering. - #5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-09 05:16 PM
Gabbard as VP at Biden's age makes a female President a strong possibility. I'd be very surprised if Biden (assuming he takes the nomination) doesn't have a female VP.

#10 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-07-11 09:53 AM | Reply