Tuesday, July 09, 2019

An appeals court said Tuesday President Donald Trump cannot legally block users on Twitter.

Comments

When the White House asserted that Pres Trump's twitter feed was an official communication arm of the White House, the White House set themselves up for this battle.

If Pres Trump is so afraid of people commenting on his tweets, then he should set up a one-way twitter-type of feed on whitehouse.gov.

[aside: interesting bit off useless trivia --- the LG DVD player I have tries to make a connection to whitehouse.gov every time I power it up. It uses that to see if it has internet access.]

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-07-09 12:22 PM | Reply

This is quite funny.

Donnie Drumpf is such a thin skinned loser.

#2 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-07-09 12:26 PM | Reply

Donnie Drumpf is such a thin skinned loser.
#2 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

So is Cortez?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez blocked a conservative news outlet on Twitter, and legal experts say that could be unconstitutional
www.businessinsider.com

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-07-09 12:39 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

I dont recall AOC or any of her staff claiming her twitter account was an official communication arm of the white house, can you show how this is comparable?

#4 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-07-09 12:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Where are all my free speech cons?

#5 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-09 04:49 PM | Reply

This is the right decision, according to the ruling no politician who chooses to communicate with their constituents through twitter or other social media can block someone from their feed.

To answer #4, that would include AOC, who claims that is her primary mode of communication.

#6 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-09 05:02 PM | Reply

#6 I feel like if AOC was just sharing bartering tips, she could block people who try to turn it political. But she's past that point.

I imagine entire Twitter bot armies are being mobilized to take advantage of this ruling.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-07-09 05:06 PM | Reply

I was thinking the same thing about bots, it will be interesting to see what happens when the blocks come down.

#8 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-09 05:09 PM | Reply

HAHAHAHAAA! So rich, Hitler Crush must be fuming.

#9 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-07-09 05:10 PM | Reply

This is going to be really funny.

#10 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-07-09 05:11 PM | Reply

This is an appellate court decision. No idea why this would have been pursued after the original ruling. Horrible PR move.

#11 | Posted by Pirate at 2019-07-09 05:19 PM | Reply

I don't join stuff.

But... I am definitely joining twitter.

#12 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-07-09 05:24 PM | Reply

That's OK, he'll just ignore the ruling and nobody will do anything about it.

#13 | Posted by chuffy at 2019-07-09 05:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

We will appeal this to the Supreme Court. And then we will sue to reverse this terrible ruling!
--A certain dotard with a Twitter fetish

The appeals court is wrong. We will bring in a new set of attorneys who will right this wrong. Free speech has nothing to do with the Constitution...
--Attorney General William "I am NOT a sycophant" Barr

The Senate will not take up any bill allowing free speech. Uh---I mean the Senate will do so, just like the Obama administration did.
--Majority leader Mitch McTurtle

Only the president should have freedom of speech!!!!!!
--TweedleHanity and TweedleCarlson

#14 | Posted by catdog at 2019-07-09 05:58 PM | Reply

Off topic but I swear that rug is looking dumber and dumber.

#15 | Posted by uncle_meat at 2019-07-09 06:02 PM | Reply

Off topic but I swear that rug is looking dumber and dumber.

#15 | Posted by uncle_meat

I suggest you should respond to one of his twitter posts with that!

We all should.

#16 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-07-09 07:54 PM | Reply

That is so funny. 1st on Twitter. Hahahah.

#17 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-10 04:15 AM | Reply

#12 | Posted by donnerboy

You have no idea what is coming. I'm already seeing it, and to people around me. And it has nothing to do with whats in the news. The target was random but just very, very unlucky.

#18 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-10 04:22 AM | Reply

#9 | Posted by redlightrobot

I am not fuming!

It's Nulli.

#19 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-10 04:36 AM | Reply

#16 | Posted by donnerboy

Except that you cant anymore.

#20 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-10 04:39 AM | Reply

What is good for the goose is good for the gander, now no one can legally block anyone. Twitter is now troll paradise. Equal justice under the law is a principal we can not escape. Unintended consequences are a bitch.

#21 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-07-10 08:24 AM | Reply

I dont recall AOC

#4 | POSTED BY JUSTAGIRL_IDAHO AT 2019-07-09 12:45 PM | REPLY

She, and many other politicians, are using it as a communication platform to push policy. The lawsuits have already been launched against her by 2 blocked people. Many more will follow against other pols. Bots armies are already being spun up to amplify the inevitable trolling.

#22 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-07-10 09:34 AM | Reply

#22 | POSTED BY SITZKRIEG

Then they are clearly wrong. If they are going to use it as a communication arm for their policy information and not just a social platform then they absolutely should not be able to block anyone. No matter what party they belong to.

#23 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2019-07-10 10:47 AM | Reply

#16 | Posted by donnerboy

Except that you cant anymore.

#20 | Posted by HeliumRat

That's strange because I just did.

Don
‏ @donnerboy
Replying to @realDonaldTrump

Off topic but I swear that rug is looking dumber and dumber.
10:29 AM - 10 Jul 2019

Seemed to work just fine. Wait... someones banging on my door... be right back...

#24 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-07-10 01:33 PM | Reply

false alarm..it was just FEDEX

the tweet is still up tho... it even got a like!

#25 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-07-10 06:57 PM | Reply