Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Most of us have harboured feelings of resentment after being hurt or deceived. It seems justifiable to do so, particularly when the pain was unexpected and feels utterly undeserved. A close look at grudge-holding shows, however, that the only person who suffers is the one who holds the grudge.

Comments

This has been posted as a public service for the Usual Hystericals of the DR Left.

Zed, Shreek, Dboy, Corky et al., pay attention and read the article for once, your physical and mental well being depends on it.

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-08 12:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

This thread says more about you than any of the folks you attempt to malign

You should just let it go, for healths sake

#2 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-07-08 12:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

RECENT COMMENTS:

ChiefTutMoses on Holding a grudge can make you ill - here's how to let go ...

I thought I felt some TutMoron gumming my ankles.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-08 01:01 PM | Reply

Expends effort creating grudge thread warning other of the costs of carrying a grudge
Then specifically names the people he currently holds a grudge with.

Dumbest pretend Lawyer, Ever

#4 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-07-08 01:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Given the fact that TutMoron keeps nibbling away, my guess is he feels left out from the list of Hysterical Idiots of the DR Left.

Don't worry, CocoChief, I will make sure you are included next time.

But as the article says (assuming you can sound out all those big words), you really need to get over it.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-08 01:21 PM | Reply

FakeLawyer with the least self aware thread created this year.
Thanks for the laugh Skippy!

#6 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-07-08 06:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Looks like the other half of the DRMoron twins couldn't resist sticking his nose up my ass-

How does my lunch "taste" at the back of your sinuses, Aborted?

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-08 08:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I think I missed something.... is this clown claiming to be a LAWYER????

Like MODER8? LOL

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-07-09 01:19 AM | Reply

By definition RIGHTOFCENTER is a bit off kilter
evidenced by his posting through the moron filter
You get the sense his posts just ooze projection...
fostered at birth by his mommys' rejection

#9 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-07-09 10:19 AM | Reply

"Looks like the other half of the DRMoron twins couldn't resist sticking his nose up my ass"

let's get this straight

you post a thread on a site called the retort in the effort to solicit comments, then commence with insults directed at those who comment?

Worlds lamest Lawyer? Or Brain Damaged?

#10 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-07-09 10:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Just like you were wishing and hoping he would. Amirite?

#11 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-07-09 10:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm never talking to this guy again.

#12 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-07-09 10:56 AM | Reply

We will never forgive you for doing this to our country, so get bent.

#13 | Posted by Kreator at 2019-07-09 11:34 AM | Reply

- Worlds lamest Lawyer? Or Brain Damaged?

Let's not underestimate him. He appears quite capable of being both.

#14 | Posted by Corky at 2019-07-09 11:47 AM | Reply

I put away old grudges every night before I go to bed. And then I wake up each morning and learn those same people have not sought repentance during the night and are up to the same business in the morning. Meet the new grudge, same as the old grudge, but definitely not the same grudge.

#15 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-07-09 12:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Just like you were wishing and hoping he would. Amirite?

Hardly, but I am resigned to the fact that every time I post the DR Short Bus fills up and follows me around, so I am not surprised that the DRMoron Twins and Dorkus of Nothingham are licking the windows and grunting at me.

#16 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-09 01:22 PM | Reply

Now that the Short Bus has emptied and back on topic, I felt this article was applicable to people on both sides of the aisle given the grudges that people disappointed with the elections of both Obama and Trump continue to hold. As the article states, it is extremely toxic and not healthy to obsess so much over something that you have no control over since it happened in the past.

People need to move on and take steps to ensure that what bothers them so much doesn't happen again.

#17 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-09 01:26 PM | Reply

"Free-floating, petty gripes are a result of Miserabilism as a world view, the idea that viewing Western Civ as a hellish, gruesome burden destined to collapse of its sins and conceits is the only possible worldview for a Serious Person. Hence the more fault you find, the deeper you are. It comes from being grounded in nothing but the shallow soil of the present, with no sense of history except for a series of pre-approved narratives intended to culminate in an argument against the recent past, which was bad because it prevented the wonderful possible Tomorrow from happening Today. It's a recipe for life-long alienation."

lileks.com

#18 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-07-09 03:04 PM | Reply

"Hystericals"

*drink*

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-07-09 03:14 PM | Reply

Maybe that will help you calm down...but I doubt it.

#20 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-07-09 04:00 PM | Reply

Sometimes holding a grudge is quite delicious.

#21 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-07-09 04:42 PM | Reply

So there IS help for the TDS deranged dung beetles?
Isn't that nice.

#22 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-07-09 04:53 PM | Reply

I will retain my grudges until industry has changed and legislation preventing their abuses instituted. Otherwise, for instance those who have prevented marijuana legalization and decriminalization are always going to be scum in my eyes, unbelievable and unworthy. Every one. Lives could have been saved.

My grudge is their folly.

#23 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-07-09 05:20 PM | Reply

Apparently holding a grudge is unhealthy. If true the orange sloth would be dead already. Worse, ads overwhelm the article which offers no "how to" advise at all.

#24 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-07-10 11:28 AM | Reply