Tuesday, July 02, 2019

A man who died after allegedly eating a gecko as a party dare "basically rotted from the inside out" in the days leading up to his death, according to a report. David Dowell's family says he was in agony before he died, and that his testicles had "swollen up to grapefruits" with fluid leaking from them, the Brisbane Times reports.

Comments

Darwinism

#1 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-07-02 11:23 PM | Reply

Didn't have GEICO insurance I take it.

#2 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-07-02 11:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Idiot....

When the new bride wants to kill her mother-in-law in India/Pakistan, she takes a lizard, puts it in mamma's rice pudding as it is boiling, leaves it for like a few minutes and takes it out and throws away the evidence.

Then she serves the rice pudding to mother-in-law who goes ------ by next morning, making the bride the new mistress of the house.

They have been doing this for 6000 years. It always works.

#3 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-07-03 12:07 AM | Reply

For all Amreekan ladies who want to solve "a problem"...

youtu.be

#4 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-07-03 01:09 AM | Reply

Nature's way of getting rid of the stupid.

#5 | Posted by Sniper at 2019-07-03 02:12 PM | Reply

Hard to feel too sorry for anyone that stupid.

#6 | Posted by cbob at 2019-07-03 03:59 PM | Reply

"It's possible that if the gecko was eaten, as it was being digested, the salmonella was released, but I have never heard of anything like this before. It just goes to show that things as innocent as geckos can carry disease bacteria," Mark Turner, deputy chief of the University of Queensland, told reporters.
Wow, everyone seems to just think of this as "he's stupid", when he's just cruel. The kind of people who eat pets.

#7 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-07-03 04:07 PM | Reply

Well, there's that!

#8 | Posted by cbob at 2019-07-03 05:06 PM | Reply

The kind of people who eat pets.

#7 | Posted by redlightrobot

I thought that Man reserved the right to eat anything he wants. And to remove any Life he does not like and change the environment to suit His needs.

Being The Apex Predator everything that lives is fair game to become our food. Even other humans.

Life consumes Life. It's the circle of Life!

Or am I just being too honest?

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-07-03 05:48 PM | Reply

I'll take things black folks dont do for $100, Alex..

#10 | Posted by boaz at 2019-07-04 12:09 AM | Reply | Funny: 3

The kind of people who eat pets.
#7 | Posted by redlightrobot
Life consumes Life. It's the circle of Life!
Or am I just being too honest?
#9 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY AT 2019-07-03 05:48 PM

What?! Are you manufacturing some? I mean, please, if there is anything more dangerous than man, that is unnecessary. I get you, we're "bad". Would any hope of change amount to much effect. Do I practice what I preach. What is the right, how are we in any way not a part of the ecosystem? For better? For worse?

I choose to not desecrate intellectually and emotionally, so to deny what isn't making us happy isn't helping. Fear is a powerful adversary.

That said, I love to cook.. what kind of sauce would you recommend for saaay, a librarian? Or the gas attendant? Gee. If we limit our needs to our environment we are but mere Betapex Predators - a laughing stock among world ravaging professionals.

#11 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-07-04 04:23 AM | Reply

REDLIGHT

No offense but that' a lot of over-analyzing.

I just figured that if it was a party, the guy was probably drunk.

Maybe he was stupid, too, but drunk AND stupid is a recipe for disaster.

The silver lining in this story is that the gecko got the last laugh.

#12 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-07-04 06:10 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Some of us were not intended to reproduce. As I remember we have people attempting to eat a Tide pod, or a spoon full of dry cinnamon. I remember a couple of people in California who decided to eat raw snails. Then there are those geniuses who go looking for magic mushrooms and end up dead. Natural selection is always active.

#13 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-07-04 07:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They have been doing this for 6000 years. It always works.

How is that possible. He was killed by salmonella in the Gecko, not the Gecko itself.

Salmonella is destroyed by ..... boiling water.

#14 | Posted by zarnon at 2019-07-04 09:33 AM | Reply

#14 | Posted by zarnon

Well.. I was talking about a popular belief... an old wives' tale if you will. That the poison is in the skin.

Apparently it has no poison but has plenty of salmonella.. these are filth beasts. So it comes out to have more or less the same effect as poison.

As for putting it in the rice pudding as it is boiling, there are two explanations:

1. I was deliberately put off track by the Sisterhood. They do not want a man to know their secrets.

2. Or the lizard is put in AFTER the pudding has boiled and is cooling down and then thrown away later.

#15 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-07-04 11:48 AM | Reply

Point is, you'll just have to try it out on some old hag and see if I am right.

#16 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-07-04 11:50 AM | Reply

Or better yet, eat some rice pudding and record your symptoms on YouTube.

For science.

#17 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-07-04 11:55 AM | Reply

DOCNJO

"Natural selection is always active."

Good point. I like your way of thinking.

#18 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-07-04 03:56 PM | Reply