Monday, June 24, 2019

Cenk Uygur: For months now, it seems that every pundit has been telling you Joe Biden is the most electable candidate on the Democratic side. We are told he is likable and the country is comfortable with him because he's already been vice president.

Comments

"Finally, is Biden likable?

I didn't find the Iraq War likable. I wasn't happy that we lost thousands of our service members and trillions of dollars -- and killed nearly a million innocent Iraqis. I found that deeply unlikable. In fact, voters found it so unlikable they picked Obama over Biden and Clinton in 2008.

I didn't find the 1994 crime bill likable. It imprisoned millions of our fellow Americans, mostly people of color who suffered a great injustice. I don't find it likable that Biden says he is still proud of it. I don't find it likable that he bragged it would impose the death penalty on everything but jaywalking.

#1 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 09:45 PM | Reply

"Wages have barely increased in the past 40 years."

Do you think they'll barely increase more with Trump or Biden in the White House?

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-23 10:08 PM | Reply

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-23 10:08 PM |

I think they would increase under Bernie or warren or several other Dems running but you want to limit it to Biden or Trump which silly as hell at this time.

I highly doubt wages would go up much under Biden at all honestly, but at this time it is not a 2 person race, which you want to portray it is

#3 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 10:21 PM | Reply

#2 Who cares who's wage increase is barely more?

A vote for Biden is ensuring *barely more* for decades to come.

The Democrats will continue tube feeding you corporate candidates as long as you keep voting for them.

#4 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-23 10:24 PM | Reply

"Biden promising the richest people in the country that nothing will change. In other words, your wealth will continue to go up"

"I don't find it likable that he voted to deregulate Wall Street and then made sure that the middle class couldn't wipe away their debts through bankruptcy. I'm pretty sure not a lot of voters like the fact that he helped credit card companies that were his top donors while screwing over the average American family"

Does any of that sound like Biden gives one damn about the middle class or poor?

#5 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 10:24 PM | Reply

I swear if its Creep Joe I'm voting Meth Squirrel. Maybe Hitler needs a job? Some kind of lesser Evil. Hey, a Shoggoth. Elder thing. R'ley tea. Wouldn't be hard to summon one.

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-23 10:28 PM | Reply

So who is the most electable?

#7 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 10:29 PM | Reply

"I swear if its Creep Joe I'm voting Meth Squirrel."

Oh, FFS, everyone who reads your drivel knows you'll find SOME reason to vote against whomever the Dems nominate.

No one believes you're a progressive, or a Bernie Bro.

#8 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-06-23 10:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-23 10:28 PM |

No Biden would be a little better than Trump but that's not saying much and I think it would be insane for Dems to put themselves in that position where people are forced to vote for one or the other Trump or Biden, when the Dems have several other good candidates running for president

#9 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 10:40 PM | Reply

I like Warren, she's brave and I forgive her. Bernie also excellent.

No. Wait. Meth Squirrel. Hitler gets to be VP.

#10 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-23 10:44 PM | Reply

when the Dems have several other good candidates running for president

Such as?

#11 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 10:47 PM | Reply

#8 | Posted by Danforth

If this turns into another "Clinton v Trump", I'm attempting subspace evasion.

#12 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-23 10:50 PM | Reply

I'm attempting subspace evasion.

No, you will vote for donald again.

#13 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 10:59 PM | Reply

11 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 10:47 PM | Reply |

The ones who didn't promise rich nothing will change then begged them for there support,
the ones who didn't help write a crime bill that jailed millions of Americans mostly people of color then bragged it would impose the death penalty on everything but jaywalking.

The ones who didn't vote for the Iraq war, the ones who didn't vote for deregulating wall-street, the ones who didn't make it harder for those middle class and poor suffering under the burden of debt to declare bankruptcy like Biden did

#14 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 11:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So who?

#15 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:01 PM | Reply

Cant vote for a paragraph... need a name.

#16 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:02 PM | Reply

Also Bernie likes rape novels. That'll scare the Enemy.

#17 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-23 11:02 PM | Reply

#13 | Posted by REDIAL

It's sort of comfortable in sub-space. And the entertainment... wow1

#18 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-23 11:04 PM | Reply

So who?
#15 | POSTED BY REDIAL

What do you care, Tundra Queen?

#19 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-23 11:07 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"I think they would increase under Bernie or warren or several other Dems running but you want to limit it to Biden"

This is a thread about Biden.
By you.
Answer the question.

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-23 11:08 PM | Reply

#15 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:01 PM | Reply |

there are 24 Dem candidates running at this time most of them have a better record then Biden, I am sorry your to stupid to look at that list see who would be a good candidate for president.

but then your Canadian anyway so won't be voting anyway

#21 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 11:09 PM | Reply

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-23 11:08 PM | Reply | Flag:

I did answer it

#22 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 11:10 PM | Reply

"I highly doubt wages would go up much under Biden at all honestly,"

There's (almost) the answer I was looking for!
And... how's that compare to how much they'd go up under Trump?

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-23 11:10 PM | Reply

twice in a matter of fact

#24 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 11:11 PM | Reply

What do you care, Tundra Queen?

Curiosity more than anything. I see lots of "Anyone but Biden" stuff but no actual alternative suggestions.

My question was directed at Punchy, by the way, so you can just STFU.

#25 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:13 PM | Reply

I was asking you. Name one.

#26 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:14 PM | Reply

Name one.

Gavin Newsome .... take him ..... he's the perfect Democrat...

And... how's that compare to how much they'd go up under Trump?
#23 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

All depends upon how many illegal immigrants cross the border, if its 1Million this year ..

Wages aren't going anywhere for quite sometime.

#27 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-06-23 11:16 PM | Reply

You mean his losing record? What is he; like 0-forever? But seriously how many times has he run and never been the bride?

#28 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-06-23 11:17 PM | Reply

What if it's a dark horse? Anything could happen, but I still like Pocahontas and the Rapist. What if they ran together? I think that would be unstoppable.

#29 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-23 11:22 PM | Reply

But seriously how many times has he run and never been the bride?

Twice. 20 years apart.

#30 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:23 PM | Reply

#26 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:14 PM |

I am sorry your to stupid to think for your self, I have mentioned a couple of candidates on this thread already better than Biden, and there are several others.

I know you and snoofy really wants this to be down to only Biden as the Dem candidate
at this point, that's a ridiculous position to hold.

by Fox news own poll shows a few other Dem candidates beyond Biden if elected would beat Trump and to think that it has to be Biden only, one of the most republican like candidate running on the Dem ticket has to be the Dem candidate is just ridiculous.

If Biden is elected many people who would vote Dem will stay home on election day.

#31 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 11:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Yo Punchy! Name a name!

#32 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:28 PM | Reply

Forget those 24 pretenders. Only The Truth Seeker, Jesse Ventura, can body-slam Trump.

#33 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-06-23 11:29 PM | Reply

Yo Punchy! Name a name!

#32 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:28 PM | Reply | Flag

Hey stupid I named a couple, and said there are several others beyond them.

Now I am done talking to a fool like you.

#34 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 11:35 PM | Reply

Now I am done talking to a fool like you.

Name a name, you ----------- ----. Do you support someone, or not?

#35 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:40 PM | Reply

Hint: "Not Biden" isn't a name.

#36 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:40 PM | Reply

Now I am done talking to a fool like you.

Name a name, you ----------- ----. Do you support someone, or not?

#35 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:40 PM | R

Because I am a nice guy I will post this one more time

Hey stupid I named a couple, and said there are several others beyond them.

Now I am done talking to a fool like you.

#34 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 11:35 PM |

#37 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 11:42 PM | Reply

Hey stupid I named a couple

My bad. I can't find it.

Help me out... what post # was that?

#38 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:47 PM | Reply

Joe Sestak just joined the crowd - talkingpointsmemo.com

"Former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-PA) announced on Sunday that he, just like 23 other Democrats, is running for president.

In his announcement video, Sestak touted his military experience as a three-star vice admiral and his previous experience of running for the House and Senate (he lost his Senate race)."

Retired admiral in the Navy - might siphon off the gay vote from Buttigreg, who is under fire for an 'officer-involved' shooting in Indianapolis.

#39 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-23 11:47 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 10:21 PM

#40 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-23 11:48 PM | Reply

So, who is the most electable? My question in #7.

Let's try again, but pay attention this time.

#41 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-23 11:52 PM | Reply

#39 | Posted by SheepleSchism

Can't be him. Everybody knows he lied when he said "there is longer any cannibalism in the Navy" on national television.

Untrustworthy and stupid. Not our dark horse.

#42 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-23 11:55 PM | Reply

Really, a charismatic leader that can rally people combined with common sense. Business, law or Scince! skills a plus. A philosophy degree would be a shoe-in (king of the Sciences!es).

#43 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-24 12:03 AM | Reply

Since a hell of a lot of voters will stay home if Biden is elected it is not Biden and Biden polls have been on a downward trend.

"So, who is the most electable?"

Who would be the best president would be the most electable.

FOX news has Bernie beating Trump at this time Elisabeth Warren also.

but one of the major question beyond who would make the best president is what candidate will get people to want to go out and vote, and that is not Biden.

"Beyond Biden's lower overall support, the poll also suggests some warning signs for him beneath those numbers. His supporters are less apt than others to say they are "extremely enthusiastic" about him (29% vs. 39% for backers of all other candidates, and 43% among those backing his nearest competition in Sanders, Warren"
www.cnn.com

Enthusiasm for Biden is just not there

Warren or Bernie would drive people out to vote so would a few other candidates

#44 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-24 12:10 AM | Reply

Perfect is the enemy of the good. I'm not joining the circular firing squad. Look what happened last time. You think Hillary would have been worse than Trump? In your dreams. 2 SC seats wouldn't be occupied by right wing Federalist picks. The world wouldn't laugh at us as they do because of Trump. And so much more.

Trump would be far worse than any Democratic candidate.

#45 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 12:16 AM | Reply

Trump would be far worse than any Democratic candidate.

#45 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 12:16 AM | Reply |

Yes but Biden among the Dems would not be a good choice to run against Trump,
there are several better choices in the Dem field then Biden

#46 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-24 12:20 AM | Reply

#46 | Posted by PunchyPossum

I'll vote for whomever the nominee is.

I REFUSE to let 77,000 Stein/Johnson/Whoever protest/sat-out-the-election votes put that moron back in the WH again. We HAVE to have a Dem in the WH. The Senate is unlikely to flip this election, and there will probably be another 2 SC seats and dozens of vacancies in federal courts, too. Those choices affect us for decades regardless of who controls the WH or Congress.

Biden knows the job. If he's the nominee I'll support him 100% Same with any other Dem nominee. Engaging in character assassination of one candidate or another serves no purpose but to suppress Dem votes.

Infighting and character assassination isn't going to help anyone but Republicans.

#47 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 12:34 AM | Reply

- Biden knows the job. If he's the nominee I'll support him 100%

Of course you will. you're the sheeple.

#48 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-24 12:37 AM | Reply

Perfect is the enemy of the good.
#45 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY

Biden is the enemy of good, and the friend of corporate America, bankers, Wall Street, MIC, Lobbyists, and of course Hillary and Obama.

Also, and I mean this sincerely, you're a rube.

#49 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-24 12:43 AM | Reply

Yes but Biden among the Dems would not be a good choice to run against Trump,
there are several better choices in the Dem field then Biden

#46 | Posted by PunchyPossum

I don't know where you get that. He's beaten Trump head to head in every poll by a wider margin than anyone else.

I like the rest of them too.

Here's how I see it: We need to bring white voters back into the fold. Especially blue collar workers who voted for Trump and, whether or not you like it, like Biden.

We'll see who the eventual nominee is, but I'm not going to disparage any of them. They're all better than the POS occupying the WH right now.

#50 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 12:43 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Also, and I mean this sincerely, you're a rube.

#49 | Posted by SheepleSchism

And your butt buddy, Trump, is more so than any of them. He and his Republican lapdogs have set progress back years. Every single issue Bernie (your man, right?) is for, he's against, and actively trying to undo whatever progress has been made over the years.

Also, and I mean this sincerely, you're a lying idiot, Mr. Bernie Bro.

#51 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 12:52 AM | Reply

Of course you will. you're the sheeple.

#48 | Posted by SheepleSchism

I'm someone who hasn't abandoned his values for right wing nonsense like you.

Or more likely, I'm not a liar like you are, Mr. Bernie Bro 2016 who obviously lied his a-- off.

#52 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 12:56 AM | Reply

- And your butt buddy, Trump

Another democrat homophobe.

and corporate enabler. shocking.

#53 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-24 12:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

How can you doubt swallowstrumpsjism's claim of being a Bernie supporter when he spends 90 hours a week doing this?

#54 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2019-06-24 01:02 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"[Biden's] going to have to make a decision about whether or not he apologizes... His perspective on this is misinformed, and listen -- if the people he was talking about with such affection had had their way, I would have never have been able to be a US senator."
twitter.com

Ouch .... Biden was Obama's right hand man for 8yrs, SJWs know no set principles; all that matters is the relentless pursuit of power

And your butt buddy, Trump ~ AU

Wow ... you too ... Lefties are such hypocrites.

#55 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-06-24 01:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Joe Biden's Tone Deaf Comments On Segregationists | The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
www.youtube.com

#56 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-24 01:07 AM | Reply

#50 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 12:43 AM | Reply | Fla

You didn't read one God Damn thing here before you post this, did you?

Read the fhking article and other posts here.

here's a good post

"So, who is the most electable?"

Who would be the best president would be the most electable.

FOX news has Bernie beating Trump at this time Elisabeth Warren also.

www.cnn.com

Enthusiasm for Biden is just not there

Warren or Bernie would drive people out to vote so would a few other candidates

#44 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-24 12:10 AM | Reply |

#57 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-24 01:11 AM | Reply

#54 | Posted by reinheitsgebot

LOL! It'd be even funnier if it weren't true.

I never believed him. He's a world class liar about being a Bernie supporter.

#58 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 01:21 AM | Reply

Enthusiasm for Biden is just not there

That isn't what the polls are saying right now.

You've pointed your gun inwards. Stop. I am not your enemy. Trump and Republicans are.

I'm as progressive as you, but more pragmatic. My main goal is to defeat Trump, and I don't care which Dem candidate does it. Sure, I like Bernie and Warren just as much as you do, but I'm sure not going to go around throwing feces at other Dems here or participating in the same kind of circular firing squad that cost us the WH in 2016.

#59 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 01:27 AM | Reply

ALL voters have to be enthusiastic, not just Dems for Dem candidates. Independent voters and Obama voters who took a chance on Trump need to feel good about THEIR votes. They're far more important than Dem voters who'll vote for the Dem candidate anyway.

#60 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 01:29 AM | Reply

closing bold (oops)

#61 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 01:29 AM | Reply

SHEEPLE and MACKEREL

Since you're so obviously clueless (although you know exactly what the slang term means, liars), it has nothing to do with anuses, gays, or sex. Strange that your mind went there. Seems you're the ones with the problem:

butt buddies

Two very close friends that spend a lot of time together, and are rarely seen apart from each other.
"They are butt buddies."

#62 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 01:46 AM | Reply

"Who would be the best president would be the most electable."

What alternate universe are you posting from?

#63 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-24 02:43 AM | Reply

PUNCHY

Stop the vitriol. You're sounding a lot like SHEEPLE in 2016. I'm being realistic based on the facts as they sit today. They may change as the process goes on, but among ALL voters, not just Democrats, Biden has been beating Trump by a wider margin than any other candidate. I'm not in the bag for him, but if he's the nominee he'll get my vote.

You want change? Well, if you add your opposition to other p*ssed off Bernie people or fans of anyone who isn't your chosen Dem candidate, you'll get change, and it won't be pretty. Want the federal courts and SC to be packed with right wing Federalist Society picks? You do realize that they sway the direction of the country over the long term far more than any group of politicians in Congress or the WH, right? Gerrymandering, voting rights, and a lot more are at stake next year.

I'm not chewing you out. I'm saying this as someone who's enjoyed your posts, but feels you're getting way out of hand with your vitriol over internal Democratic Party stuff. Can you cool it? It isn't helpful. We lost 2016 over stuff like that. Just enough voters (77,000 in 3 states, including PA where Biden is very well liked) sat out the election or cast a PO'd vote for 3rd parties to cost us the election. Can you see how the same circular firing squad could lead to the same next year?

Trump and the Republicans are undoing all the progress Obama made on the environment and a number of other areas. Want 4 more years of them undoing years of hard won progress? I don't.

#64 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 02:52 AM | Reply

#64 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 02:52 AM |

I don't want Trump either and I am telling you when you look at what is happening if you elect Biden people will stay at home and won't vote, people were desperate for a change Trump was seen as a outsider and not apart of the DC crowd Hillary did not represent any real change that's why she lost that's why those who voted for change under Obama didn't show up for Hillary and that's what will happen under Biden, If you read this article or several articles about this you would of read Biden promised the richest people of the united states that there would be no changes under his presidency.

Do you think you can sell that kind of garbage to the American people at this time?

hell no, people won't show up to vote.

other people will look at his past record and see Bidens racist past and his get tough on crime that locked mostly people of color up and his deregulation of the banks it just won't sell

If biden is elected Trump will win and thats what I want to avoid

#65 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-24 03:37 AM | Reply

#65 | Posted by PunchyPossum

We're both after the same goals. We'll have to wait and see how primary season plays out ...

In the meantime, I hope you'll avoid using the same lines right wingers use around here. SHEEPLE was much the same in 2016 and I'd hate for you to get lumped in that basket of someone who speaks ill of candidates who aren't your personal preference (though I believe his motives were dishonest at best). I say that not without malice or sarcasm.

Biden's been around a long time. I did not hear a racist word out of his mouth. Just that he could work with anyone on legislation for the greater good. The 90's were different times. People by and large are a lot more aware of injustice in both criminal and financial areas of American society. I'm willing to accept that people can evolve over time. But that's just me. I'm willing to give most people the benefit of the doubt if they're honest.

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan (an MO that's worked well for their side):

"Thou shalt not speak ill of fellow Democrats." Have a great day tomorrow.

#66 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 03:52 AM | Reply

I say that without malice or sarcasm.

#67 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-24 03:55 AM | Reply

Still voting for the Meth Squirrel/Hitler team. Sorry.

#68 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-24 05:37 AM | Reply

Think about it. Ron Paul is too old.

#69 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-24 05:41 AM | Reply

My favorites don't even show up in poll results so my opinion is pretty worthless but I like Yang, Gabbard and Moulton so far.

Of the top four Sanders and Warren I could live with, Buttigieg I could get behind but I don't think will last, and Biden leaves me very meh. I would really love to see someone who didn't qualify for SS before Trump was elected move up the ranks (one of the biggest thinks I like about Buttigieg) but I'm not really seeing that happen.

#70 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2019-06-24 06:30 AM | Reply

If Biden is elected every democrat will vote for him, plus some moderate Republicans. It's the crybaby Gen X's who will stay home whining, but Biden will beat Trump anyway. I would vote for Biden.

You liberals cant see the forest for the trees. Your "perfect" candidate cannot win because they arent "perfect" for the country. Once you admit that, you will be one step closer to getting Trump out of the White House.

#71 | Posted by boaz at 2019-06-24 08:11 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

-Enthusiasm for Biden is just not there

It doesn't have to be yet.

and I assure you enthusiasm for Biden will be higher than it was for Hillary in the swing states.

#72 | Posted by eberly at 2019-06-24 08:52 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Isn't it enough to vote against Trump?

We're a nation of spoiled crybabies.

#73 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-06-24 09:15 AM | Reply

"It's the crybaby Gen X's who will stay home whining,"

Typical Boomers. Don't even acknowledge Gen X's existence except to take a pot shot for what Millennials are far more guilty of. And vice versa.

#74 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-24 10:33 AM | Reply

Does Cenk Uygur have his own show on Russia Today? If not, then it's only a matter of time...

#75 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-24 10:35 AM | Reply

"Bidens racist past"

You've shown your hand here. Anybody who actually thinks Biden has a racist past isn't going to vote for any white candidate who isn't a self-loathing SJW.

#76 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-24 10:56 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Can I put my lawn chair here? This is very entertaining.

#77 | Posted by visitor_ at 2019-06-24 10:58 AM | Reply

*shoves barrel of popcorn to Visitor*

#78 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-06-24 11:10 AM | Reply

This is a funny thread.

#79 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-24 11:25 AM | Reply

#76 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-24 10:56 AM |

Yeah working with outright racists to stop bussing then passing a crime bill that ended up locking up millions of people and mostly people of color just isn't racist and was a good thing.

what a goober you are

#80 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-24 11:28 AM | Reply

#81 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-24 11:44 AM | Reply

When you condense it down to such over-simplified talking points you give away your game.

You clearly want a more "progressive" candidate. That's fine. You're not alone on that. That doesn't make it right to lie and label someone who clearly isn't a racist as racist.

#82 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-24 11:45 AM | Reply

Biden: "There's not a racist bone in my body."

Far right and far left trolls: "We demand to see x-rays of every bone in Biden's body!"

#83 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-24 11:47 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#83 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-24 11:47 AM | Reply

So you had nothing intelligent to say, but that is the norm with you.

#84 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-24 11:52 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#84, everything I say obviously goes over your head, no matter how stupid or intelligent it is.

#85 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-24 11:57 AM | Reply

Everything in this article is political status quo. It does nothing to prove why any person is more or less electable.

#86 | Posted by humtake at 2019-06-24 12:09 PM | Reply

An article by Cenk? lol. How did his predictions go last time? He ended up a meme.

#87 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-06-24 02:10 PM | Reply

"I swear if its Creep Joe I'm voting Meth Squirrel."
No one believes you're a progressive, or a Bernie Bro.
#8 | POSTED BY DANFORTH AT 2019-06-23 10:32 PM | FLAG: | FUNNY: 1

Uh, the Bernie Bros was a Russian twitter operation, not actual Bernie Sanders supporters.

It was a sarcastic joke initially describing their mass synchronized activities Were "Bernie Bros" Really Russian Agents All Along?

#71 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2019-06-24 08:11 AM | FLAG: | NEWSWORTHY 1

Interesting post, I don't entire disagree with any of it. Gen X is disenfranchised and generally vote the same as black voters who are essentially kept from voting and have their votes thrown out.

I'm not liberal or Democrat so much as progressive, and you understand that's what Biden is not.

#75 | POSTED BY SENTINEL AT 2019-06-24 10:35 AM

The thing that I don't agree with Cenk is that he claims the Democrat party is a ghost ship ready to be taken over, when I claim it's a death barge and should be sunk. The free three hour show is live every weekday starting noon on the East, 3pm on the West. Hit this link in three hours YouTube search TYT live and choose the live program.

There will be a quiz later, bro.

#88 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-06-24 03:11 PM | Reply

When I hear or see an article that goes against the current grain, I check out the source.

Cenk Kadir Uygur is a GOP political commentator who gets paid to write kill pieces.

No one on the Hill wants Biden to run because he's Trump's kryptonite. And Pelosi don't want anyone she can't control. When Biden announced his bid, the dreams of many were cut short. Pelosi wants to be a kingmaker: the power behind the throne. She won't get it with Biden.

Joe is the closest to Obama we're going to get. No one else has Biden's unique qualification. Joe is Robin to Obama's Batman. Robin was Batman's sidekick waaay before the Justice League was even a thought. With Joe in the WH, if something goes down, you know Joe is going to reach for the Batphone and call his "ol chum" for help. You can't beat that with a stick.

And for the "October Surprise," can you imagine if Biden announces Obama as his VP? There's no law against it.

#89 | Posted by KillerKarlKrupt at 2019-06-24 03:26 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#89 | POSTED BY KILLERKARLKRUPT AT 2019-06-24 03:26 PM

Paid by whom? TYT is an entirely self-made program. When Cenk does appear on CNN - which is rare, btw - he speaks truth to power which often means going counter to mainstream lies and distortion.

Biden cannot win. Obama was a crap president. I'm done with Democrats entirely. This is their last round avoiding progress.

Every political analyist on the MSM gushes about Biden. He's the mainstream candidate, meaning status quo, meaning zero progressive change, meaning corporate money is still running the show. So, absolutely no way I will vote for another Obama.

#90 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-06-24 03:38 PM | Reply

You make a very compelling argument for Biden. Go on.

#91 | Posted by visitor_ at 2019-06-24 06:50 PM | Reply

Cenk Uygur?

The Putz who works for Putin?

#92 | Posted by Tor at 2019-06-24 06:55 PM | Reply

Uygur?

I thought all the Uygurs would have been jailed in China by now.

#93 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-06-24 09:19 PM | Reply

"Uh, The Young Turks is the largest online news program. You might want to just check it out once before you claim he's a Russian agent."

I've seen the show a number of times. He seems to be anti-'establishment' for the sake of being anti-'establishment'. Which is exactly how RT covers American news. He'd be a good fit, either as a useful idiot or a $ellout like Larry King.

I watched about half of today's show, up until it started playing numerous kitschy promos and patting itself on the back constantly. It seems like a left wing version of right-wing talk radio.

#94 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-24 09:23 PM | Reply

Isn't Igor from Transylvania?

#95 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-06-24 09:26 PM | Reply

"Otherwise, I tend to agree that none of the other candidates are perfect, or even viable imo."

So how does that make Biden the least electable again? Oh wait, why am I even asking you this, as if I'm going to get a serious answer? LOL

#96 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-24 09:30 PM | Reply

#94 | POSTED BY SENTINEL AT 2019-06-24 09:23 PM

What did you think of that first topic? Do you have any thoughts?

I know you don't like the back-patting, and neither do I.

#97 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-06-24 10:58 PM | Reply

#96 | POSTED BY SENTINEL AT 2019-06-24 09:30 PM

Biden is a status quo corporate Democrat who claims nothing will change under his administration, among several of his pro-corporate decisions and legislation that impact the poorest most negatively. He's not going to institute anything progressive, but rather is a tool of the establishment at best.

So, he's been on this carousel since forever, we don't need more capitulation to Republicans.

If you don't feel that I'm serious, you have a lot to learn about observation, Sentinel.

#98 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-06-24 11:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"he claims the Democrat party is a ghost ship ready to be taken over, when I claim it's a death barge and should be sunk."

Which candidate(s) do you support?

#99 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-06-25 01:12 AM | Reply

Which candidate(s) do you support?
#99 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER AT 2019-06-25 01:12 AM

Non-corporate.

#100 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-06-25 02:12 AM | Reply

I hate to go full Hans but anybody who wants to be taken 100% seriously as it pertains to the political parties calls them by their actual names.

It's the Democratic party.

#101 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-25 10:41 AM | Reply

It's the Democratic party.

#101 | POSTED BY JEFFJ AT 2019-06-25 10:41 AM

True dat. It's my bad habit. You never need to take me seriously, I rarely do.

I mean, I refer to them as non-viable when they already have a staffed infrastructure, so that's just my prejudice complaining and not a real plan for transformation. Good call!

#102 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-06-25 03:21 PM | Reply

"It's the Democratic party."

It has only existed since Thomas Jefferson started it. It isn't going anywhere, the GOP, on the other hand is on life support right now. Old white men are dying off, their racism and greed will die with them. Soyanara ------.

#103 | Posted by danni at 2019-06-26 07:09 AM | Reply

What saddens so many white Republican men who are older is that they won't live long enough to grab all the money the 3 trillion dollar tax cuts cut out of the economy for them and their spoiled kids will piss it all away in a very short time. Those spoiled kids will do what their Daddy's wouldn't do, put all that money back into the economy. Sure it may be spent on alcohol, cocaine, clubs, travel, whores, ridiculously expensive clothes, etc. but that is better than just leaving it in a bank somewhere, probably offshore.

#104 | Posted by danni at 2019-06-26 07:12 AM | Reply