Thursday, June 20, 2019

This morning, the Washington Post published an article that showcased the work of David Shahar and Mark Sayers -- two health science researchers from Australia's University of the Sunshine Coast -- who claim that horns are growing from the lower skulls of young people. They claim that it's linked to a forward-and-down head posture, and one possible cause is device use.

Comments

funny.

#1 | Posted by Sniper at 2019-06-20 04:15 PM | Reply

Device usage is already causing posture and neck problems in kids.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-20 04:15 PM | Reply

I knew it!

Technology is ebil and turns you into the debil!

-the nullo

#3 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-06-20 04:26 PM | Reply

"Device usage is already causing posture and neck problems in kids."

Look at the world around you.

I'm thinking this is a simple correction in evolution.

Humans started walking upright WAY too soon.

#4 | Posted by RevDarko at 2019-06-20 04:39 PM | Reply

--Reading a book, writing, and other activities can also involve having your head in the same position as using a smartphone.

There's no evidence that zillenials read books unless they're forced to. And write? lol. If you call using emojis on your smartphone writing, then maybe...

#5 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-06-20 04:45 PM | Reply

"There's no evidence that zillenials read books unless they're forced to."

Pure bigotry and hatred.
It's really all that's left of Nullifidian.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-20 04:48 PM | Reply

---the nullo

I've said for years that smartphones (plus social media) were tools of Satan. Now there's proof!

#7 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-06-20 06:32 PM | Reply

Smartphones weren't purchased (the vast majority of the time) by the iGen kids.

Millennials had theirs given to them, often in grade school.

Let's place the blame where it belongs: with the Boomers and Gen Xers who raised them!

We are the ones who parented them and ran their schools and soccer teams and such that handed out the participation trophies.

#8 | Posted by drivelikejehu at 2019-06-20 07:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Millennials had theirs given to them, often in grade school."

Oddly enough, parents want to be able to get that call from their kids saying "mom, there's an active shooter at our school, we're on lockdown."

After 9/11, helicopter parents demanded their precious little --------- be allowed to carry cell phones in school. In case of an emergency.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-20 07:35 PM | Reply

Well, that calms me down.

#10 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-20 08:35 PM | Reply

We can always toss them down a well. I mean the Jews, not the cell-phones. Cell-phones we need.

#11 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-20 08:49 PM | Reply

This was coming.

#12 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-20 08:50 PM | Reply

I'm glad "---------" has survived the filter, at least thus far.

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-20 08:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Evolution. They probably receive something. Also, I think it will be cute. I want horns. We need to start a marketing campaign.

#14 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-20 08:59 PM | Reply

And you can charge people with them. How awesome is that?

#15 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-20 09:01 PM | Reply

I feel awful for laughing at that.

#16 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-06-20 09:14 PM | Reply

I doubt its the phones Millennials are the devils work...

#17 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-06-20 11:19 PM | Reply

Old news... they knew about this 26 years ago when Motorola was developing the 1st cell phone back in the early 90's.

First thing you should know is that cell phones use the exact same frequency of your standard microwave oven so what do expect putting a microwave antenna next to your head... sure the power level is different...the oven is 100 watts and the cellphone is 1/2 watt... but the damage is apparently cumulative.

Second... scientists swore up and down that radio is non-ionizing radiation and as such could not damage cells or DNA strands.

With little bone spurs growing in back of the head, clearly this is not the case... bones can not grow that way unless the DNA has been altered.

Soooo Back to the way-back machine... 26 years ago...

www.chicagotribune.com

#18 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-06-21 12:28 AM | Reply

I have a cell phone but I don't use it as an appendage. From my observation there are people of all ages who can't make it through ten whole minutes of their day without a cell phone affixed to their ear.

I have also have some important things going on in my life but frankly, I rather enjoy the reprieve when I can just get away from it all to enjoy the other important things, like the sounds of silence for example.

#19 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-06-21 08:15 AM | Reply

Debunked.

arstechnica.com

#20 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-06-21 02:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

At last! A crisis that the Dotard is qualified to address...bone spurs!

#21 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-06-21 08:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

I doubt its the phones Millennials are the devils work...

#17 | Posted by AndreaMackris

Yeah! Why couldn't they be born into a nice fat trust fund! LOOOOSSSERS!

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-22 12:01 AM | Reply

"Millennials are the devils work..."

Except the ones born of rape.
Those ones are G-d's work.

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-22 12:02 AM | Reply

#19 | Posted by Twinpac

The best moment of my day is when my butt hits the chair on my back patio. Then it's nothing but trees, the sun shining through them and the sound of birds and bugs and the breeze.

My phone is the last thing on my mind.

#24 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-22 12:04 AM | Reply

JPW

"The phone is the last thing on my mind."

You're smarter than most people.

#25 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-06-22 01:17 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

At last! A crisis that the Dotard is qualified to address...bone spurs!

#21 | Posted by TFDNihilist

LOL!! FF

#26 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-22 01:54 AM | Reply

You're smarter than most people.

#25 | Posted by Twinpac

NW! LOL

#27 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-22 01:55 AM | Reply

My phone is the last thing on my mind.

#24 | POSTED BY JPW

It's quite a change from living in a big city.

#28 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-22 02:04 AM | Reply

It's quite a change from living in a big city.

#28 | Posted by JeffJ

I'm not that far outside of a city.

Mostly I got lucky finding the little enclave I've moved in to.

Every morning I walk out and wonder "why in the hell am I not spending the day enjoying this?".

#29 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-22 02:52 AM | Reply

JPW

My best time of day is when my butt hits the saddle on my favorite horse and we spend hours on the miles of wooded trails near where I live. One of the trails leads past a local golf course and the 19th hole where I dismount and grab a cold beer for the rest of the ride home.

#30 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-06-22 06:20 AM | Reply

#30 just don't get busted for drinking and riding.

#31 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-22 09:52 AM | Reply

It's quite a change from living in a big city.

#28 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Not really. I do the same thing on my back deck.

#32 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-06-22 10:06 AM | Reply

JEFF

"#30 just don't get busted for drinking and riding."

Tell that to the hundreds of golf carts driven on private property.

#33 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-06-23 04:46 AM | Reply