Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The 2020 Democratic candidate was asked Wednesday evening whether he would apologize for talking about two Southern segregationist lawmakers, the late Sens. James Eastland (D-Miss.) and Herman Talmadge (D-Ga.), while fondly recalling legislative "civility" back in the 1970s and 1980s. Biden responded with: "Apologize for what?" "Cory [Booker] should apologize," Biden said

Comments

BUT WAIT! let see what other races Biden has praised!

"Biden praised segregationist Strom Thurmond as 'closest friend,' who believed in 'heterogenous, diverse society'

Joe Biden once praised the segregationist Republican Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina as "one of my closest friends" and championed him as someone who believed in America's diversity.

He was giving a speech at the Strom Thurmond Institute in South Carolina in December 1988"

www.washingtonexaminer.com

#1 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-19 11:30 PM | Reply

Good 'ol Strom Thurmond. The ghost that keeps giving.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-19 11:33 PM | Reply

Biden told the room of wealthy donors that if they helped him become president, he would make sure that the government only took as little of their money as was necessary to prevent a literal revolution:

"By the way, you know, remember I got in trouble with some of the people on my team, on the Democratic side, because I said, ‘You know what I've found is rich people are just as patriotic as poor people.' Not a joke. I mean, we may not want to demonize anybody who has made money. The truth of the matter is, you all, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done. We can disagree in the margins but the truth of the matter is it's all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one's standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change. Because when we have income inequality as large as we have in the United States today, it brews and ferments political discord and basic revolution. Not a joke. Not a joke. I'm not [inaudible] revolution. But not a joke. It allows demagogues to step in and say the reason where we are is because of the other, the other. You're not the other. I need you very badly. I hope if I win this nomination, I won't let you down."

Now, Barack Obama was on friendly terms with a lot of Wall Street figures. He also annoyed them frequently by doing things like passing a huge financial regulation bill and pointing out that their "reckless" abdication of responsibility caused the 2007–08 economic crash. As far as I know, he didn't tell them in front of a reporter that he needed their support "very badly" and that "nothing would fundamentally change" about their socioeconomic primacy if he were elected.

slate.com

#3 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-19 11:50 PM | Reply

Good.

I'm tired of this notion that we need to ignore anybody in the past who doesn't live up to current SJW standards.

#4 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-20 11:42 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

4 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-20 11:42 AM | Reply |

What an idiot you are

I am tired of people being held responsible for what they did in the past and for what racist ridiculous things they say in the present!
But only if they have a D next to there name
posted by JPW

#5 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-20 12:18 PM | Reply

But only if they have a D next to there name
posted by JPW

Yawn.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-20 11:21 PM | Reply

Punchy is doing a hit job on Biden because he is trying to bring everyone to the table? This is beyond stupid. In another thread Speak is attacking hrc. Dems need to kick these far left loons to the curb and move forward.

#7 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-06-21 03:48 PM | Reply