Wednesday, June 19, 2019

That backstory, in true Trump-tabloid fashion, features the friendship between Mr. Falwell, his wife and a former pool attendant at the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami Beach; the family's investment in a gay-friendly youth hostel; purported sexually revealing photographs involving the Falwells; and an attempted hush-money arrangement engineered by the president's former fixer, Michael Cohen. The revelations have arisen from a lawsuit filed against the Falwells in Florida; the investigation into Mr. Cohen by federal prosecutors in New York; and the gonzo-style tactics of the comedian and actor Tom Arnold.

Comments

NYT no longer allows articles to be viewed in Incognito mode...is the article worth creating a free account to read?

#1 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-06-19 09:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I noticed that a few weeks ago. Guess I won't be reading NYT articles anymore, because I'm certainly not going to sign up. Won't miss anything that can't be found elsewhere in some form.

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-06-19 09:29 AM | Reply

Also is occurring with the Washington Post. Goodbye, Wapo.

#3 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-06-19 09:53 AM | Reply

Nulli, is it because of the membership-only format of the newspapers or because you hate for trump's sleazy associates to be so accused? or both?

#4 | Posted by kudzu at 2019-06-19 10:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Stick to the nooner, stupid.

#5 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-06-19 10:08 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Won't miss anything that can't be found elsewhere in some form."

Content to allow Fox News to supply him with all the news he needs.

Question. Why do you think real journalism should be free. We always paid for the newpaper, what has changed except the deliver system? Journalists need to earn a living just like the rest of us. When you want to get it for free, as per Fox News, then you allow them to tell you whatever they want you to think.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2019-06-19 10:35 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Not a surprise Falwell is a complete sleaze ball.

Evangelicals usually turn out to be when you kick over a few rocks.

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-19 10:40 AM | Reply

- We always paid for the newpaper
#6 | POSTED BY DANNI

You pay the online monthly subscription fees to read NYT and WaPo?

I'll bet you don't.

#8 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-19 02:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#6 | Posted by danni

I'm not defending Nulli but I'll say this, I would be okay with a nominal fee. Especially one that covered several organizations but the price for the NYT and others you might as well buy a print subscription...

I don't read that many articles on any particular sight in a given month. I do read a lot across many sights though. BBC is free. If I pay for anything it's NPR. I have considered supporting the Guardian and a couple others though.

#9 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-06-19 04:45 PM | Reply

If I pay for anything it's NPR.

Worth it. But wait for them to run a semi-annual funding drive so you get a pair of socks as well as the good vibes from supporting public media.

#10 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-06-20 07:59 PM | Reply

For those looking for an alternate source to read the story: friendlyatheist.patheos.com

#11 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-06-20 08:04 PM | Reply

I listen to NPR and BBC on Sirius in the car.

I hadn't heard this poorboy story. Sounds like rumors run amok.

Ayatrolla ClownSheik's link wasn't much help.

#12 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-20 08:10 PM | Reply

Ayatrolla ClownSheik's link wasn't much help.

Feel free to contribute a link.

#13 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-06-20 08:14 PM | Reply

Here's a different link: www.getreligion.org

#14 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-06-20 08:14 PM | Reply

There is a fair amount of smoke surrounding this collection of individuals linked together. I want to see some of these rumored pictures to start showing up.

#15 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-06-20 08:15 PM | Reply

#14 Yeah, sounds like innuendo. This is a Spicy Nothingburger.

#16 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-20 08:21 PM | Reply

Gay sex scandal and Evangelical leaders go hand in hand.

Besides, after reading the NYT article, it looks like this is about Cruz losing Falwell's endorsement to Trump.

#17 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-06-20 08:25 PM | Reply

Gay sex scandal and Evangelical leaders go hand in hand.

True- Exhibit A, Ted Haggart Got Cured of the Gay

#18 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-06-20 08:58 PM | Reply

So did Mike Pence.

#19 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-06-20 09:00 PM | Reply

- So did Mike Pence

...speaking of innuendo.

#20 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-20 09:16 PM | Reply

"Gay sex scandal and Evangelical leaders go hand in hand."

Well, they go something in something all right.

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-20 09:18 PM | Reply

No innuendo.

I strongly believe Mike Pence is a pray the gay away "success story".

#22 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-06-20 09:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I never heard that, but that may be what Buttigeig is referring to when he says "I am fairly certain that we have already had a gay [vice?] President."

#23 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-06-20 09:27 PM | Reply

- I strongly believe

Is different from , 'I have evidence'. Like this story about the pool boy. It just seems like smearing.

All this immature nonsense is unnecessary. Just get serious about our country and make policy that Americans want and need.

Too many people running around trying to peek into windows.

#24 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-20 09:34 PM | Reply