Friday, June 14, 2019

Delta Air Lines will stay out of abortion politics, its CEO said recently as other companies announced plans to boycott Georgia over its new pro-life law. Georgia, where Delta is based, recently passed a law protecting unborn babies from abortion after they have a detectable heartbeat. The law prompted a massive outcry from Hollywood liberals and a number of companies, many of which have said they will boycott the state. NBC News reports Delta Air Lines will not be among them. "This is something that the courts need to settle and resolve, not corporate America. At least for us. I can't win," CEO Ed Bastian said Tuesday. "We carry 200 million people a year, we have 80,000 employees. We cannot as a company take one group and put it over another group when you've got such an emotional -- some would say almost religious -- view as to what the right answer is," he continued. Delta is one of the largest employers in Georgia, according to the report.

Comments

This isn't gonna fly.

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-14 06:07 PM | Reply

A thread a made some time ago got bumped to the front and that puts me at 4 for the day, so I figured I'd spam this -------- thread with good news.

www.cnn.com

FTA:

(CNN) -- Supporters of an Obama-era plan to put abolitionist Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill were disappointed last week by news that the Treasury Department has delayed the bill's redesign.
But artist Dano Wall decided not to wait for the Trump administration to honor the Underground Railroad hero. He has created a stamp that can be used to superimpose Tubman's image over President Andrew Jackson's portrait.

#2 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-06-14 07:26 PM | Reply

Georgia doesn't protect babies. Only fetuses.

Once they're born they're s--- out of luck as far as Republicans are concerned.

#3 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-15 12:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Headline fail! A clump of cells doesn't equal a baby.

#4 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-06-15 01:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Headline fail! A clump of cells doesn't equal a baby.

#5 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-06-15 01:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Headline fail! A clump of cells doesn't equal a baby.

#6 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-06-15 01:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Headline fail! A clump of cells doesn't equal a baby.

#7 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-06-15 01:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Climate deniers and fetus deniers are one and the same these days.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-15 01:28 AM | Reply

Get ready for Slay the Source.

Lifenews.com? Fffk off.

Here's some other headlines from this gross website:

"New York City Will Spend $250,000 to "Help" Poor Women Kill Their Unborn Babies"

"Appeals Court Forces Trump Admin to Help Illegal Immigrants Get Abortions"

"Unborn Babies are Being Extracted From Their Mother's Wombs Alive to Have Their Livers Harvested"

This is what Gracie reads in her free time. She's ---------- in the head. Really disturbed.

I bet this will become Jeff's favorite "news" website.

Forced birthers are the fkkking worst.

#9 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-06-15 01:41 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Once they're born they're s--- out of luck as far as Republicans are concerned.

#3 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY

What do you mean? They can always work for their CEO's profit. The earlier the better!

#10 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-15 02:04 AM | Reply

Gracie is a true idiot but what in the hell was RCade thinking putting this article from an anti-woman anti-abortion web site on the front page?

#11 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-06-15 02:36 AM | Reply

I bet this will become Jeff's favorite "news" website.

Forced birthers are the fkkking worst.

#9 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

But then, I recognize my own inner-contradictions when it comes to this issue. I'm not consistent on this. I both recognize that it's state-sanctioned murder AND that it needs to be legal due to the black market (back alley abortions, etc) if it were made illegal.

Throw in the ---------- thing too.

#12 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-15 02:37 AM | Reply

#11 | Posted by PunchyPossum
I've been told he no longer "actively moderates" the DR.

So I guess it's a bot?

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-15 02:40 AM | Reply

I both recognize that it's state-sanctioned murder

LOL

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-15 02:41 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"I think abortion on demand needs to be legal during the first trimester. I have been consistent about that for over 10 years."

Great!

"Do you wanna know who are the ------- worst? People who feel the need to dehumanize developing life in order to justify their rabid pro-abortion advocacies."

Interesting.

What do you use to justify your rabid pro-abortion advocacy, JeffJ?

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-15 03:25 AM | Reply

I certainly have to laugh, the left is getting more and more McCarthyist on about every one of their extreme issues.

#16 | Posted by Crassus at 2019-06-15 05:30 AM | Reply

I am a libertarian, but in a day when the pill costs about 50 cents a day, the morning after pill costs about 25 bucks, condoms cost about 75 cents, why are there so many abortions? They generally cost about 300. I don't think the government should be involved with elective procedures. I don't think the government should be involved with marriages, beyond enforcing the terms of a contract. I don't think the government should be keeping files on law abiding citizens. But the irony strikes again, those who say they are for civil rights are for the expansion of governmental power. Sort of like killing your chickens to keep the fox away.

#17 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-06-15 08:33 AM | Reply

#11 Um, it's on the BACKPAGE. And I linked this from our local news site New4Jax which posted the article.

#18 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2019-06-15 09:07 AM | Reply

Headline fail! A clump of cells doesn't equal a baby.

#5 | POSTED BY ABORTED_MONSON AT 2019-06-15 01:25 AM | FLAG: | NEWSWORTHY 1: which means that you are not really a human being : )

#19 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-06-15 08:47 PM | Reply

#15 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2019-06-15 03:25 AM | FLAG: .... and you want the 'we the people' to pay for it, also - right?

#20 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-06-15 08:48 PM | Reply

#20 | POSTED BY MSGT"

If you're asking if I favor some sort of universal coverage for health care including abortion, then the answer is yes, I should hope that's clear by now. I'm still amazed other people don't want this. Especially when it's the ones who get government paid health care, like you. Policy on health care shouldn't be about hurting people who need to get hurt, but that's what a policy of not everyone having health insurance does. It hurts people.

If you're asking specifically about the Hyde Amendment, I would like it to go away, but from a practical perspective I don't really worry about it much because it's among the lesser of the problems facing our health care system.

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-15 09:01 PM | Reply

I'm still curious how JefFJ justifies his abortion on demand in the first trimester rabid pro-abortion advocacy.
His policy is nearly identical to mine, except I'm not necessarily drawing a hard line at the first trimester.
I draw the hard line at the second trimester, and while I'm not necessarily opposed to talking about drawing it earlier, I think you'd be hard-pressed to convince me of the actual need for that discussion.
Exceptions of course for ---------------------- found out it's gay*

Rabid advocacy, I tells ya!

*this will be invoked by anti-abortionists -- in the guise of respecting human rights of course -- to place more restriction on abortion, once we get there.

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-15 09:08 PM | Reply

Anyone else feel like going to Georgia and killing a baby or 2?

#23 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-06-15 09:16 PM | Reply

I keep fertilized eggs in a liquid nitrogen bottle in my car so I can drive in the HOV lane.

I claim them as dependents on my taxes.

I report them on the census.

#24 | Posted by bored at 2019-06-15 09:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"Anyone else feel like going to Georgia and killing a baby or 2?
#23 | POSTED BY MRSILENCEDOGOOD"

The Devil went down to Georgia
He beat a clump of cells in a fiddle contest.
I hate New Country.