Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Embattled Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn has hired well known defense attorney Sidney Powell to represent him before his sentencing hearing in Washington D.C.'s federal court.

Comments

Should help with that guilty plea the good general entered into some months ago. Not! Counsel Powell will advise his client to either (a) start talking to any friendly DA who will listen, or (b) stock up on lube...

#1 | Posted by catdog at 2019-06-12 06:48 PM | Reply

The Judge needs to put a gag order on Powell from saying anything about the case or anything connected to it. I'm sure the plan is for her to spend the next 3 months on Fox on how he deserves a pardon and say witch hut as many times as possible.

#2 | Posted by THomewood at 2019-06-13 08:59 AM | Reply

Flynn's pardon is in the works:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

General Michael Flynn, the 33 year war hero who has served with distinction, has not retained a good lawyer, he has retained a GREAT LAWYER, Sidney Powell. Best Wishes and Good Luck to them both!

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-06-13 09:46 AM | Reply

The timing of this is really strange.

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-13 03:29 PM | Reply

The timing of this is really strange.

Not really. IMO the only reason Flynn cooperated with the SCO was because he didn't have the funds to pay for a protracted fight, same as Gates. Flynn has never stopped being a true believer and remains so today. I don't know if it's legal but I hope the judge inquires into how he's paying for his new legal team or whether outside interests are funding the change. It's obvious that Flynn is prepping for a pardon attempt and maybe already back-channel lobbying for one. Knowing the judge wants to throw the book at Flynn will make it easier for Trump to pardon him than it was before.

The recording of Dowd may have been the final straw because it was so damning personally to Trump and Flynn needed to distance himself from what they did. Firing them was telling Trump "It wasn't me boss," since I have no doubt if Trump or his monied supporters had arranged to finance a vigorous defense, Flynn never would have cooperated in the first place.

And I'm pretty sure that this has been passed on to Trump as well.

My two cents....

#5 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-06-13 03:50 PM | Reply

I think it Flynn will ask for his plea to be tossed. With Mueller gone, there is no longer any risk for his kid to be caught up in the Mueller probe. I think he will claim a Brady violation in that Mueller withheld exculpatory evidence.

#6 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-06-13 09:38 PM | Reply

"I think it Flynn will ask for his plea to be tossed."

Hopefully he's as successful with that as Larry Craig was!

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-13 09:41 PM | Reply

"#7 | POSTED BY SNOOFY"

If the government withholds exculpatory information, they should get their cases tossed - I don't care what letter comes after the alleged criminals name.

#8 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-06-13 09:46 PM | Reply

I don't care what letter comes after the alleged criminals name.

Yeah. I bet you don't.

Make sure to log into the right account when you respond, --------.

#9 | Posted by JOE at 2019-06-13 10:27 PM | Reply