Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Rep. Steve King, the Iowa Republican who was stripped of his congressional committee assignments earlier this year, was not allowed to fly aboard Air Force One on Tuesday as President Donald Trump traveled to Iowa, two GOP officials say.

Comments

So there is a degree of racism that is unpalatable for Trump? It's a seriously low bar but I suppose its something.

#1 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-06-12 11:00 AM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY HAGBARD_CELINE

not the slightest chance...K A Conway recognized a terrible photo op and nipped it in the bud

#2 | Posted by MizWatsonsJim at 2019-06-12 01:04 PM | Reply

Wow!! when EVEN the potus doesn't even want to be seen with you....that ought'a tell you something.

Even Trump sees you as REPUGNANT and a liability.....

I hope they primary your ass out of office.

#3 | Posted by saginawmi at 2019-06-12 01:08 PM | Reply

What baffles me is why the good people of Iowa keep re-electing Rep King. It sort of shows my point regarding why Congress' approval rating is so low.

The people of the home district like who they elect (and, as the case may be, re-elect) and don't like many others outside of those they vote for.

So in today's super-polarized political environment, there is no way that Congress is going to be given a good approval rating, since most in Congress wee not elected by one's district.

But, dear people of Iowa, why?

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-06-12 01:10 PM | Reply

I suspect the reason Steve-O was left off was much simpler: the Trump team doesn't know who Rep. King is...

#5 | Posted by catdog at 2019-06-12 01:42 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by LampLighter

For the life of me, I just can't believe how disingenuous or uninformed or naive that white people seem to be. we live in a very racist country.
The very real possibility of a lawsuit..more so all the time..tamps down what would be much more apparent if the court weren't involved.

#6 | Posted by ABlock at 2019-06-12 01:44 PM | Reply

But, dear people of Iowa, why?

This is why we have 50 separate states. It doesn't affect me, I don't live in Iowa. I would never visit Iowa. I would never go to Iowa. So it doesn't bother me who they vote for. You have to look at it like that.

#7 | Posted by boaz at 2019-06-12 01:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

-But, dear people of Iowa, why?

What's been the option? meaning, who else has the GOP or even the democratic party put up as an alternative?

#8 | Posted by eberly at 2019-06-12 01:49 PM | Reply

It doesn't affect me

It does affect you. King gets to vote on federal laws that apply to everyone.

Certainly we have no power over what Iowans do, but to say it doesn't affect you is inaccurate.

#9 | Posted by JOE at 2019-06-12 02:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I'm not sure it would be any different if he was a rep from Alabama or one of the Dakotas.

I see it as two things.

A. Gerrymandering. No surprise here as they've basically chosen their voters to ensure the safe seats. But that doesn't fully explain it and requires

B. Politics is as much psychology and marketing now. It's a science less than an art. So you learn the issues that weigh heavily with those in your district, hammer them over and over and over and make sure people support you for a handful of issues. That allows you some leeway with other issues that voters will gloss over to get what they want.

#10 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-12 03:02 PM | Reply

It does affect you. King gets to vote on federal laws that apply to everyone.

Which is why the federal government is not supposed to have as much power over the citizens as they have today. But liberals love to have one central authority over everything and they think everyone else should be ruled by whoever rules over them, you know, so they can be liberal everywhere they go and everyone where ever they go has to accept it and they dont have to make accommodations to other people's lifestyles where someone else lives that might not agree with them.

#11 | Posted by boaz at 2019-06-12 03:08 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Ok, but they have it. Steve King affects you. Period.

#12 | Posted by JOE at 2019-06-12 03:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

" so they can be liberal everywhere they go and everyone where ever they go has to accept it"

That's the same philosophy that led to blacks getting to eat at a Woolworth's lunch counter. You know...that "liberal" concept of equal rights.

#13 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-06-12 03:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

#11 | Posted by boaz

You genuinely have a real psychological issue that needs to be addressed.

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2019-06-12 03:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

"and they dont have to make accommodations to other people's lifestyles where someone else lives that might not agree with them."

That's the same argument used against giving blacks equal rights, interracial marriage, and equal rights for gays.

#15 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-06-12 03:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Basically, Boaz doesn't want to see gheys in public. Is that about it?

#16 | Posted by JOE at 2019-06-12 04:03 PM | Reply

I would never visit Iowa. I would never go to Iowa.

Well that's not redundant.

#17 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-06-12 05:55 PM | Reply

Well, I like him. I have read all his books.

I like "Pet Sematary" the best.

#18 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-06-12 05:57 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

NOS4A2 is pretty good so far. A&E Sundays at 10p.

#19 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-12 05:59 PM | Reply

#18 | POSTED BY PEGASUS

You know what's funny? That you think you're funny.

#20 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-06-12 06:03 PM | Reply

Like an amusement park ride, King doesn't meet the height requirements to ride the big rides.

#21 | Posted by willsburrow at 2019-06-13 08:30 AM | Reply

When it get down to the nut cutting, Air Force One is for use by the POTUS and his staff. For anyone else catching a ride on that plane, it is a privilege. Rep. King is no friend of the administration, and he has made that a point repetitively. I guess he will have to catch a plane home like he usually does. Cry me a river. I guess his ticket home will have to be paid by himself, but he is a millionaire, BTW.

#22 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-06-13 09:36 AM | Reply

Is Nancy Peelousy still taking military jets home to Cali on the weekends as she was doing the last time she was Speaker??

#23 | Posted by willsburrow at 2019-06-13 10:53 AM | Reply

No one has been screeching about it on here on a daily basis, so I'd guess not.

#24 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-06-13 11:14 AM | Reply

#23 | Posted by willsburrow

Do tell!

And how much have we paid for Humpy to play golf this year?

More than you will ever make in your lifetime.

#25 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-06-13 02:01 PM | Reply

But liberals love to have one central authority over everything...

WTF are you talking about?

I have told you over and over. But, you do not listen. Turn off the Agitator Channel and go get some fresh air.

You have no idea what liberals "love".

#26 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-06-13 02:09 PM | Reply

#26 | Posted by donnerboy, There is nothing liberal about the left now.

#27 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-06-13 06:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

There is nothing liberal about the left now.

#27 | POSTED BY DOCNJO

I doubt you or your flagger know what the term liberal actually means.

Ok lets see if YOU can define a liberal or what is liberal?

Don't google it. Just your brain.

No wiki c/p. No Fixed Gnus.

Show us your stuff.

recent examples from the internet with liberals of your definition is allowed and encouraged.

#28 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-06-13 07:25 PM | Reply

LIBERAL:favorable to or respectful of individual rights and freedoms.
:favoring maximum individual liberty in political and social reform.
The left is far from those definitions. The left is now authoritarian, intolerant, and strict in their orthodoxy.

#29 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-06-14 05:56 AM | Reply

#28 | Posted by donnerboy, Describe to me how waving a red hammer and sickle flag reflect any liberal values?

#30 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-06-14 06:16 AM | Reply