Tuesday, June 11, 2019

President Donald Trump, whose actions during the Russia investigation have prompted comparisons to the Watergate scandal, drew a distinction between himself and President Richard Nixon on Monday: "He left. I don't leave. A big difference."

Comments

"Democrats just want a do-over which they'll never get!"

They will in 2020...unless he's saying he won't accept a loss in the next election.

#1 | Posted by qcp at 2019-06-11 12:28 PM | Reply

Donald Trump is a narcissist. Anything he says will be self-aggrandizing.

Deep down people like him hate themselves.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2019-06-11 12:42 PM | Reply

unless he's saying he won't accept a loss in the next election.

#1 | Posted by qcp at 2019-06-11 12:28

Like he said he wouldn't last election?

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2019-06-11 12:43 PM | Reply

... "He left. I don't leave. A big difference." ...

If he is impeached and convicted (I'm not saying he will be or should be, just presenting a hypothetical), that would indicate that the political environment has turned against him. Conviction requires the Republican Senate to grow a backbone, something they have shown to be unable to do.

So would he leave at that point?

My guess would be that he will not leave, because to leave would mean that he can be brought to trial for any crimes, such as obstruction of justice, that he may have committed. He'd no longer have the shield of the Office of the President.

Pres Trump's best outcome, to my eyes at this point, would be to win re-election and have the statute of limitations run out for any possible crimes he may have committed.

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-06-11 12:57 PM | Reply

I saw this cartoon a few days ago, thought it was right to the point...

www.realclearpolitics.com

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-06-11 12:58 PM | Reply

How to convince this narcissist to resign. Say to him:
"Wow, Nixon did a great thing for the country. After he was out of office he made a LOT of money. He regained all the respect he had lost from American citizens. Those jerks in Congress had to shut up--they didn't have Nixon to kick around anymore. China, Israel and Russia saw him as a great, great leader. Being President is a lousy job, and Nixon hated it. Don't you hate it too, Mr. Trump? Obama stayed as president because he couldn't get a job doing anything else. See him now? Obama doesn't event work. You have your hotel and real estate business to get to. And think of the golf you can play with top players, your friends and famous celebrities. They will line up to tee it up with you. And you'll be invited to all the top clubs. And unlike Nixon's children, who no one remembers, your kids will go on to do great, great things once they go back to the private sector. And Melania, well she just wants to sleep in her own bed. She feels like you and her are being watched in the White House, and who wants someone making a video of you and her getting close? Think about it. Quitting is for winners, and it's a great, great deal. Let's see what happens."

And keep repeating it...

#6 | Posted by catdog at 2019-06-11 01:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 1

#7 | Posted by JOE at 2019-06-11 01:14 PM | Reply

@#7 ... Even if he doesn't win, he will have 2 months to cut a deal with Pence where Trump resigns, Pence succeeds him and immediately pardons him. ...

That would work for federal crimes.

But I understand New York State is building a portfolio of possible crimes.

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-06-11 01:38 PM | Reply

#8 "Show me the man, and I'll build you a portfolio of crimes!"

#9 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-11 01:47 PM | Reply

But I understand New York State is building a portfolio of possible crimes. - #8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-06-11 01:38 PM
Let us know when they have sufficient evidence of wrongdoing to indict.
I won't hold my breath.

#10 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-06-11 01:52 PM | Reply

#8 "Show me the man, and I'll build you a portfolio of crimes!"

#9 | Posted by SheepleSchism

"Show me the biggest liar and thief and I will vote for him!"

--Sheepledipple

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-06-11 01:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

@#10 ... Let us know when they have sufficient evidence of wrongdoing to indict. ...

I doubt if I will have to be the one to let you know.

NYS's efforts with Deutsche Bank look quite interesting. I've posted a series of dots on this august forum a couple months ago. If those dots connect up in a certain manner, then NYS's effort in that area will be a cake walk.

And then there's the inauguration committee.

Lots of things to sift through. But to your point, will anything come out of it? Who knows?

#12 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-06-11 01:58 PM | Reply

dicktator.

#13 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-06-11 02:27 PM | Reply

#13 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER AT 2019-06-11 02:27 PM | FLAG: That's funny coming form an obama supporter: "I've got a pen and I've got a phone"

#14 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-06-11 02:36 PM | Reply

Trump on Nixon: 'He left. I don't Leave'

Just ask his ex wives what happens when the wrinkles appear.

#15 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-06-11 02:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 4

#8 "Show me the man, and I'll build you a portfolio of crimes!"

#9 | Posted by SheepleSchism

Yup. Trump is no worse than any other man. Trump, Dali lama, what's the diff?

Moron.

#16 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-06-11 02:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

'He left. I don't Leave'

Famous last words.

right up there with "I am not a crook!"

#17 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-06-11 06:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

dicktater = Richard's potato.

I believe he's going to win all these little political and social media skirmishes. Then SUDDENLY all of his karmic poker chip are going to cash-in like a bolt of lightening in the form of a heart attack, a major stroke, or some kind of health catastrophe. Same happened to Pol Pot.

#18 | Posted by KillerKarlKrupt at 2019-06-12 08:43 AM | Reply

SO from this we learn Nixon is actually better than the orange sloth.

#19 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-06-12 10:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1