Monday, June 10, 2019

More than 1 million protesters took to the streets of Hong Kong Sunday, organizers said, to oppose a controversial extradition bill that would enable China to extradite fugitives from the city.

Comments

Between Taiwan and Hong Kong, I am of the opinion that the government of China has some character-building to experience.

China is currently trying to show itself as an alternative to the United States, wanting to fill the voids that Pres Trump leaves open as he retreats from the world stage. But, how can China maintain that image if they are suppressing Hong Kong and Taiwan?

It is always tough to suppress the views of those who disagree, as Pres Trump is finding out as well.

It is always tough to assure that everyone agrees with you.

It is always tough to assure that your team will always be willing to check you for polyps.

Pres Trump has been fortunate in this area. Is Pres Xi as fortunate?

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-06-10 01:30 AM | Reply

China is currently trying to show itself as an alternative to the United States

How so?

LOL sure thats whats happening .. the previous 30 years didn't matter.

You assign the wrong motivations, then make the wrong conclusions.

Not in a socialist Democracy.

It is always tough to assure that everyone agrees with you.

You don't need that in a Socialist Democracy.

Not in a Socialist Democracy.

Is Pres Xi as fortunate?

You are asking the wrong questions, based upon false ideas about what China is, and its goals.

#2 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-06-10 09:38 AM | Reply

They will not prevail against my Chinese overlo---uh, I mean, friends!

--Tretosser

#3 | Posted by Spork at 2019-06-10 06:57 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

We prefer strong leaders that run these Antifa's over with tanks.

--humpy and the deplorables

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-06-10 08:03 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by donnerboy Trump the damn Yankee runs his mouth, but he hasn't used the army to kill about 10,000 protesters at the mall in Washington. The CCP did kill that many in the center of Peking. Of course they have gotten to be pretty good at killing Chinese. The Chinese Communist Party has murdered more Chinese during 70 years of peace than the Japanese could in 25 years of genocidal war. BTW, the CCP just blew up the largest church in China.

#5 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-06-10 09:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Not in a socialist Democracy."

Is anyone pretending China is a Socialist Democracy?

China is a Communist dictatorship.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2019-06-11 08:34 AM | Reply

If you need an organ transplant, the prices should be dropping soon due to a large increase in supply.

#7 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2019-06-11 08:39 AM | Reply

We're still stuck in the old paradigm of nationalism and political party ideology. in the world today everyone is playing baseball(capitalism). it's the same game everywhere now, just different uniforms.
The multi-national corporations are the big team owners..they set the basic rules for how the game is played.
Don't expect that pointing out china's human rights violations will in any way get in the way of profit

#8 | Posted by MizWatsonsJim at 2019-06-11 10:45 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The CCP did kill that many in the center of Peking. Of course they have gotten to be pretty good at killing Chinese. The Chinese Communist Party has murdered more Chinese during 70 years of peace than the Japanese could in 25 years of genocidal war. BTW, the CCP just blew up the largest church in China.#5 | Posted by docnjo

DOCJOJO lifts up his shirt, drops his pants and points, "the bad men touched me here.. here... here ... and HERE.."

#9 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-06-11 11:41 AM | Reply

#7 | Posted by HanoverFist One myth that exists beyond reason is the harvesting organs for a market. The viability of a organ is measured in hours. Not days. The recipient would have to be near the donor, ideally in the next room.

#10 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-06-11 11:53 AM | Reply

#9 | Posted by J_Tremain, So I take it that you defend the actions of the CCP? BTW, I survived rapes at age 6, your comment was not funny at all.

#11 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-06-11 11:55 AM | Reply

It's nice seeing unprivileged people protesting things that actually are unfair and not good for the people. Unlike American Liberals who are so privileged they have to protest things that aren't even a problem.

#12 | Posted by humtake at 2019-06-11 12:01 PM | Reply

you defend the actions of the CCP?

Yes I do, loser.

I survived rapes at age 6,
#11 | Posted by docnjo

You did not survive intact. That much is plain to see.

your comment was not funny at all.

On the contrary, I thought it funny as Hell.

#13 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-06-11 02:11 PM | Reply

As I have written on the DR before, it isn't China's trade issues that should worry us, it is their increasing Authoritarianism, pollution, and human rights suppressions that we should be concerned about.

#14 | Posted by e1g1 at 2019-06-11 03:48 PM | Reply

#13 | Posted by J_Tremain maybe it will happen to you so you can share the humor of the experience. I await with baited breath.

#15 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-06-11 04:38 PM | Reply

"I survived rapes at age 6"

Well hopefully you didn't return the favor.

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-06-11 06:16 PM | Reply

You assign the wrong motivations, then make the wrong conclusions.
Not in a socialist Democracy.
It is always tough to assure that everyone agrees with you
You don't need that in a Socialist Democracy.
Not in a Socialist Democracy.
Is Pres Xi as fortunate?
#2 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS AT 2019-06-10 09:38 AM

Right, what about China is a socialist democracy again? Didn't Xi bypass that process entirely when he was installed permanently?!

Seriously, I'm calling you out as a fabricator of distortion and lies, otherwise we would agree that China is not a democracy nor socialist.

Try watching The Young Turks for once instead of Laura Ingram and Chris Hayes.

#17 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-06-11 08:44 PM | Reply

J_Tremain maybe it will happen to you

If a man tries to rape me ... well first of all, I'm like the 800 pound gorilla.... I don't understand how it would be possible without losing body parts. And second, I'm not cute or girly... not like you.

And if a woman rapes me.... I will get on my knees and thank Allah.

If a whole bunch of women rape me, I will go to Mecca to thank Allah even harder.

#18 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-06-12 12:18 AM | Reply

Well hopefully you didn't return the favor.

I don't think he can get it up anymore.... it did a real number on him. LOL

#19 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-06-12 12:19 AM | Reply

#18 | Posted by J_Tremain

Hey, sacrifice a goat in thanks or whatever it is you people do in Texas. That was awesome.

#20 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-12 12:31 AM | Reply

#11 | Posted by docnjo

At least you aren't a goat. That would have been very traumatizing.

#21 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-12 12:33 AM | Reply

We tip cows in obeisance to Sam Houston - and his Prophet, Davy Crockett.

#22 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-12 01:16 AM | Reply

sacrifice a goat in thanks

That is indeed an excellent option for giving thanks. Quite Islamic ...as long as the meat goes to the poor... you can't cut up the poor goat/lamb/sheep and eat all the burgers yourself.

But for all that to happen, I need to cover myself in chocolate and get raped first so I can give thanks later.

Installing Tinder.....

#23 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-06-12 01:27 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Look, just put cheese and bacon on it. Jews hate that.

#24 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-06-12 01:42 AM | Reply

Home delivered goat, cows, etc...