Saturday, June 08, 2019

When the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) became law in 1990, it offered legal protections to prevent discrimination against employees with disabilities in the workforce. There is one law it did not overturn -- the ability for employers to pay some workers with disabilities less than minimum wage.

Comments

It's straight though.

Everyone pretends to be offended when they hear the word ------.

#1 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-06-08 11:16 AM | Reply

Human beings are a disgusting and greedy lot.

Democrats should be ashamed that Obama allowed this to continue on his watch.

I bet his mansion has thick, heavy drapes to block the view.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-08 02:41 PM | Reply

Democrats should be ashamed that Obama allowed this to continue on his watch.
#2 | POSTED BY SHERP

Nothing to say about Trump?

Still stuck in the past?

When Hillary won the Democratic primaries, did you suffer a stroke?

It would make a lot of sense.

#3 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-06-08 02:52 PM | Reply

I thought you just had to feed them.

#4 | Posted by Spork at 2019-06-08 05:02 PM | Reply

I thought you just had to feed them.

#4 | POSTED BY SPORK

That's your whore mother.

And all she eats is diss.

#5 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-06-08 05:13 PM | Reply

Nothing to say about Trump? #3 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Who expects Trump to care? A: Nobody.

I expect Democrats to care if they ever want my vote.

But Obama didn't fix it. In fact he fooled everybody. Now he has a mansion, like Hillary, and Pelosi, and Kerry, and Feinstein.

They're all mansion-dwellers. meanwhile the mentally challenged get paid .22 cents/hr at Goodwill.

#6 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-06-08 05:55 PM | Reply

I expect Democrats to care if they ever want my vote.

#6 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

We don't.

---- off.

#7 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-06-08 05:56 PM | Reply

Who expects Trump to care? A:

Trump voters.

Otherwise, why vote for him?

Pwn librulz?

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-06-08 06:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Human beings are a disgusting and greedy lot.
Democrats should be ashamed that Obama allowed this to continue on his watch.
I bet his mansion has thick, heavy drapes to block the view.
#2 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM AT 2019-06-08 02:41 PM

The unhappy truth is that Obama was a Republican enabler, maintaining status quo and through inaction allowed all of his presidency to be obstructed, rescinded and twisted out of context.

He was influenced into conflicts both foreign and domestic because he is a corporate-owned politician. To this day.

Clinton had an opportunity to equalize all people and refused to follow through as well.

And were paid to withhold presiding.

Of course certain employers would want to screw over any employees they possibly can, in particular those without equal rights. It's historically repeated up until this moment.

#9 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-06-08 07:41 PM | Reply

The unhappy truth is that Obama was a Republican enabler

#9 | POSTED BY REDLIGHTROBOT AT

Hear, hear.

Unfortunately the first black president had to be.

#10 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-06-08 09:30 PM | Reply

Well, pretty soon, disabled people on #SS will be able to pay for groceries using their EBT cards ONLINE. Wally World, Amazon, and a host of other restaurants are working to make this happen. In Western New York (Buffalo - Niagara Falls area), fast food restaurants are working with state law makers to allow #SS & disabled EBT recipients to purchase fast food using their EBT cards. And the argument that it's better than to purchase groceries at the Dollar Store and rot gut grocery stores like Aldi.

Watch the MAGAts moan about illegals getting a free ride. Western New York EBT users are mostly poor white Americans who are registered GOP. Go ahead. Google it. While you're at it, Google GOP Rep Chris Collins, who was indicted during the 2019 elections for insider trading, still ran and WON! He is still in office and keeps getting his trial postponed.

Who's getting a free ride?

Anywho, source for EBT extras in Western NY.

Another source for disabled extras using EBT cards in New York and other states.

Thank Obama for this MAGAts.

#11 | Posted by KillerKarlKrupt at 2019-06-09 12:11 AM | Reply

Funny, I thought Obama was the demosplats' messiah ? He talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk. Funny that spielberg helped him buy and lie his way into the white house, now he and michelle are hollywood gold whores. He calls his production company higher power productions. His higher power has always been GOLD!

The justice department should look into why Obama had HIS justice department squash criminal investigations of spielberg and lucas! They are evil men who tried to kill a 13 year old boy in 1974, destroyed and raped that boys life. Sent armed thugs to terrorize his family, including grandchildren!

You don't realize you're being played by both sides. They are all corrupt, republithug and demosplat. They destroy your prosperity, your liberty, and deny justice to all but themselves.

Think of it this way : trump is the street thug, obama is the con man.

Heh, heh!

FOOLS.

#12 | Posted by gitmboy at 2019-06-09 12:59 AM | Reply

Funny, I thought Obama was the demosplats' messiah ?

#12 | POSTED BY GITMBOY

Well, that's because you're a ------- ------.

#13 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-06-09 03:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

why are we discussing politicians? these are our family members and friends that are being discussed.
this is a wage discussion for people who will admittedly be low producers..in the context of under employed low paying student debt off shoring AI robotics etc.
I understand dignity and unfortunately in some cases, financial need but reality and compassion would surely steer this debate out of the marketplace

#14 | Posted by MizWatsonsJim at 2019-06-09 08:54 AM | Reply

Because why?? Disabled people do not need enough money to live on??

#15 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-06-09 11:32 AM | Reply

Because many with disabilities would be denied the dignity of work if they had to be paid a rate higher than their productivity.

#16 | Posted by visitor_ at 2019-06-09 12:30 PM | Reply

I expect Democrats to care if they ever want my vote.
But Obama didn't fix it.

#6 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM AT 2019-06-08 05:55 PM | REPLY

Democrats do care. That is not what you want. What you want is for them to accomplish everything your Republican cohort oposses with active opposition from the republicans. You expect them to somehow get a 2/3 majority in a senate controlled by republicans who have no intention to let good things happen to the country if anyone other then themselves benefit from it or there is any cost.

#17 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2019-06-09 07:53 PM | Reply

I hate to be a dick, however if you cannot perform a task fully you should not get full (minimum) wage. This goes for non-disabled folks as well.

BUT, there are many, many positions that can be catered to many types of disabilities without any loss in productivity. Let's be smarter. If you can't speak or even operate your facial muscles, you dont get to be a full (minimum) wage earner as a wal mart greeting person. You gotta still grill that old good welfare cheese.

And ---- you guys that get mad at this...I am a commercial fisherman/carpenter and there is no room economically for dead weight. Dead weight means we can't support our families. ---- your minimum wage. I ain't working til 60, even if I live that long.

#18 | Posted by Ottodog at 2019-06-09 10:15 PM | Reply

But I will pay taxes happily to support you. I just want my tax dollars going to people in need, not more than 50% towards admin. Wife is fromSweden, they do it way better. National program directors make a working person's salary, instead of the kroner equivalent of 200+ g's a year. They are the same as the ppl they work for.

We ------- up. So ---- you, I'm gonna work harder and expose myself to more danger than most you folks and not worry aboutmoney. Plus I appreciate adrenaline.

#19 | Posted by Ottodog at 2019-06-09 10:22 PM | Reply

But you folks are still stuck on Democrats and republicans. There's the problem.

#20 | Posted by Ottodog at 2019-06-09 10:24 PM | Reply

"I just want my tax dollars going to people in need, not more than 50% towards admin. "

Where in the governmental system is that happening?

Please be specific, and include a link.

#21 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-06-09 10:26 PM | Reply

Please be specific, and include a link.

#21 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

Don't waste your time asking.

He likely saw it on a Facebook meme.

That's where most of them get their "news."

#22 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-06-10 05:08 AM | Reply

Hmm, when I started collecting my disability SSI my EBT card was taken away from me. So where is my white privilege?

#23 | Posted by jdmeth at 2019-06-10 10:30 AM | Reply

I guess everyone should reduce pay for "trump-supporters" immediately.

#24 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-06-10 02:50 PM | Reply

Do not like it, then just have the govt raise the wage to match the minimum of all others, but do not be surprised if fewer get hired.

#25 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-06-10 05:15 PM | Reply