Friday, June 07, 2019

EL PASO, Texas -- The federal agency tasked with overseeing security at transportation hubs has been violating its own policy by allowing migrants who have been released from federal custody onto flights despite not having required documents, according to several Department of Homeland Security officials. For the past six months, the Transportation Security Administration has allowed migrants released from the custody of other Homeland Security agencies to board flights to other parts of the country despite the passengers lacking any of the 15 documents it states are the only acceptable forms of identification. Since early December, the agency has avoided temporarily changing federal policy and also not introduced a permanent solution to address this new phenomenon, despite no indication border apprehensions and mass releases are slowing down any time soon.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Comments

--More of the "government doesn't know what its doing", and they want to run your healthcare ....

And everything else.

#1 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-06-07 10:11 AM | Reply

This didn't happen under Obama....Frankly I doubt it's happening now.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2019-06-08 01:34 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The last time right wing 'news' outlets tried to pass off this story as true, Snopes had this to say:

Does TSA allow illegal aliens to fly without ID and with no additional verification if they show a 'notice to appear'?

FALSE

www.snopes.com

The only websites carrying this are the usual right wing suspects. There are some incredibly gullible people in this world ...

#3 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 01:47 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

One right wing someone posts some nonsense untruth, and within hours every other right wing site is doing the same. Like a flock of retarded sheep.

Oh, did you know they feed these illegals pizza inflight from the Pizzagate store before making fake moon landing films with them?!!

#4 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 01:53 AM | Reply

AU

I'm off to bed in a couple of minutes but I want to share this with you...

My wife's dad purchased tickets for tonight for an exclusive event at the Detroit Zoo.

We've attended it for years - it's called: Sunset at the Zoo.

The reason I bring it up is I don't know when you'll be in Michigan again, but the Detroit Zoo has become a premiere facility by any measure.

An outsider would be impressed but I know you have some local ties. The next time you come back you really should make a point of visiting the Zoo.

The really cool thing...Buddy's Pizza and American Coney Island have food shacks at the zoo.

They are putting the finishing touches on a new Tiger exhibit that looks amazing.

#5 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-08 02:01 AM | Reply

#5 | Posted by JeffJ

Thanks for the heads up, Jeff. Last time I was there (many moons ago) I took my young niece and nephew. They were about 7 and 5 then. While we were standing in front of the lions (20-30' away), the male got up, mounted the female, and ... It was quick, but I had to dodge questions for the rest of the day ala "what was the lion doing? LOL

It'll probably be next year before I come your way. Meant to do it this year but travel elsewhere got in the way of those plans. Greektown and Coney Island still sound great!

#6 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 02:14 AM | Reply

Posted by JeffJ

Kid: Who are those people in the cages, daddy?
Dad: That's what a winning team looked like long before you or I were born

:-)

#7 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 02:20 AM | Reply

Hilarious story regarding the lion romance

The Zoo has a massive influx of donations and these new exhibits (they are numerous) are amazing.

If you were there many moons ago you won't even recognize it now. I am not joking. I cannot believe how much it's transformed over the past 2 decades.

#8 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-08 02:23 AM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY

That was really funny.

Please politely halt me if my questions get too personal - have you ever had dealings with the DSO? I ask because my oldest was in their youth wind ensemble his junior and senior year in High School and he just finished his freshman year at MSU with his focus being clarinet performance.

#9 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-08 02:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#9 | Posted by JeffJ

No worries. I did as a teenager.

#10 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 02:31 AM | Reply

I don't want to create a false impression - his time with the DSO was incredible and for a year he received lessons from their principal clarinetist. Apparently she's moved on but my son really liked her. She was a good instructor.

#11 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-08 02:31 AM | Reply

What made the lion episode more dramatic and memorable was how he so nonchalantly got up from 10' away, crawled on top of her, and held her by the neck with his teeth. I can imagine they get very bored. lol

That's great about your kid! As you're probably aware, not only is the camaraderie good, but the discipline of practice, life lessons in learning that making progress leads to good results (rather than expecting or desiring instant results), etc.

Numerous studies show that music students also excel in math. There is a lot of math involved, actually. When reading music, the brain calculates "this interval goes x number of steps up or down" and so on.

Much luck and success to your kid. It's great that you support it! :-)

#12 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 02:40 AM | Reply

And who knows? Your kid may end up getting a free ride to U of M on a music scholarship. I have friends who played in the marching band and the rest was taken care of. If that's your hope, I think your kid is a good way towards that goal based on that experience and the great chops that come as a result.

#13 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 02:45 AM | Reply

Much luck and success to your kid. It's great that you support it! :-)

#12 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY

That computes. He got a 35 for math on his ACT.

Funny story for you - 3 years ago it was a dry March day and I was drying my oldest and a good friend of his down to DSO rehearsal and they talked a bout a specific type of reed (his buddy was Sax) for 20 minutes. Even though they were speaking English it felt like they were speaking a foreign language.

#14 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-08 02:49 AM | Reply

#14 | Posted by JeffJ

I know what you mean LOL

"So, when we reached the Fermata in the Obbligato section .. you know, with the Con Tutti bars ..." :-)

#15 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 02:54 AM | Reply

He got a music scholarship at MSU along with an academic scholarship plus some other perks.

He really wanted Jacob's at Indiana and had a great performance but still wasn't accepted.

He really likes his prof at MSU and is thriving.

I question if he has the level of talent to perform in venues where he can support himself. But, I just want to see him doing this in some capacity. He LOVES this music culture and I really want to see him carve out activities where he gets paid to do what he loves so he can support himself without really "working".

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-08 02:54 AM | Reply

#15 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY

That is even worse.

They would get going about scales and "chromatic" - what in the heck is that? and on and on, even to the point of the textural quality of the reed - I tuned out...

#17 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-08 02:57 AM | Reply

"..right before the dolce section where first chair does a smear ..."

#18 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 02:57 AM | Reply

"Chromatic" is a series of half steps. For instance, think of piano notes going upwards from C to a C# to a D to a D# and so on. That is 'chromatic.'

A 'whole step' equals two half steps, but without hitting the note in between them. Like going from a C to a D without hitting the C# black key in between.

If you ever hear the term 'glissando' think about the clarinet opening of Gershwin's 'Rhapsody In Blue" where it slides upwards without really hitting any particular notes until it lands.

#19 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 03:01 AM | Reply

Dude, you are killing me. I am off to bed.

Take care. Always a pleasure.

#20 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-08 03:02 AM | Reply

Pleasure here as well, Jeff. Good night. Have a great weekend!

#21 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 03:03 AM | Reply

#19 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY

That makes no sense to me because I don't understand music.

This is a public forum and I plan on asking my son to interpret this post.

Seriously - best regards. I would love to be capable of having an intelligent discussion with you about this.

"Bedways is rightways."

#22 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-06-08 03:06 AM | Reply

Excellent!! You must be very proud.

#23 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-06-08 03:07 AM | Reply

Illegal Immigrants allowed to fly without documentation.

POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

Yap.

That wall is going to need to be rrrreeeaaaaallllllyyyyyyy tall.

#24 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-06-08 07:51 AM | Reply

When is that rrrreeeaaaaallllllyyyyyyy tall wall that's going to be rrrreeeaaaaallllllyyyyyyy easy to build going to get started again?

Got a bet going with some very fine people.

#25 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-06-08 05:54 PM | Reply

If you've traveled, then you know this is ridiculously impossible.

Idiots.