Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Speaker Nancy Pelosi doesn't want to impeach President Donald Trump, but a growing number of her members are trying to drag her there and faces increasing calls from her rank and file to trigger an impeachment inquiry.

Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), a member of the Judiciary Committee, said he has drafted articles of impeachment and they're "ready to go." He also said Democrats are grappling with what to do if they support impeachment but can't convince Pelosi to do the same. "I think that that's a difficult internal political dynamic that the speaker, the chairman and the members have to process," Cohen said. He added that "it's not gonna be easy" to convince Pelosi to change her mind.

At a closed-door meeting late Monday, Pelosi rejected calls from House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler to move ahead with an impeachment inquiry, according to multiple sources.

Comments

Looks like even Nadler realizes he needs to grow a pair...

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-05-21 03:52 PM | Reply

Looks like even Nadler realizes he needs to grow a pair...

He already tried. The management of Miracle-Gro sent him an email stating that he might want to try the Chia line of products.

#2 | Posted by Spork at 2019-05-21 04:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I say go for it. What could go wrong?

#3 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-05-21 04:56 PM | Reply

You just want the Dems to look bad when they fail!!!

-CorkyTonyDannie

#4 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-05-21 05:05 PM | Reply

"Pelosi is the smartest! I gurgle her balls!"

-RoC

"Pelosi is a coward. She's a moron for not starting the impeachment process!"

-Also RoC

#5 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-05-21 05:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I say go for it. What could go wrong?
#3 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

Dems have nothing to lose and all to gain by implementing their constitutionally derived powers of oversight. Not doing so is a much more significant risk than otherwise.

#6 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-05-21 06:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Pelosi is one of the best political strategists since Tip O'Neill! She gurgles my balls!"

-RoC

"Pelosi is a coward. She's too afraid of public opinion to start the impeachment process!"

-Also RoC

Suggested edits for accuracy.

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-05-21 06:09 PM | Reply

Exactly, even starting a Special/Select Committee to Investigate Impeachment has minimal risk and great reward, since most of the legal reasons that the Administration is hanging their hat on get greatly diminished.

#8 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-05-21 06:11 PM | Reply

Lyrics For:
"If I only had the Nerve"
Sung By: the Cowardly Pelosi

"Life is sad, believe me Missy,
When you're born to be a sissy
Without the vim and verve.

But I could change my habits,
Nevermore be scared of rabbits
If I only had the nerve.

I'm afraid there's no denyin'
I'm just a dandylion
A fate I don't deserve.

But I could show my prowess,
Be a lion not a mowess
If I only had the nerve."

#9 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-05-22 01:34 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Pelosi is more politically shrewd than those goading her into initiating an impeachment. If they go ahead and impeach and are not successful then leftists will have played their hand and spent a lot of political capital in the process. It's much easier to string along the rubes by tactically bitching and moaning while not actually doing anything than it is to blow one's entire load.

#10 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-05-22 03:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Fat Nixon is now actively participating in a coverup of the coverup of actual crimes committed while running for POTUS.

Impeach his fat ass, then refer him to SDNY for prosecution for campaign finance violations.

#11 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-05-22 11:15 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1