Tuesday, May 21, 2019

In the end, "Game of Thrones" was about blowing up the game of thrones. At times Sunday's series finale rendered this literally, as when the Iron Throne itself, the inspiration for most of the terrible things we've seen over eight seasons, was grief-torched by Drogon after Jon Snow killed its mom.

Comments

"There was also the weird pacing that has marred much of the past two seasons, since the show cut from 10 episodes a season to seven last season and then six in this one."

"It was clumsy and frustrating, especially because if you squinted, you could see how the outcomes could have been powerful if the lead-ups hadn't been mismanaged."

"It all could have worked better if the past two seasons had felt less like headlong rushes toward predetermined outcomes, at the expense of character and story believability. (Whatever that means in a dragon epic.) I might have even accepted King Bran the Broken and his "everything happens for a reason" rhetoric if the show had just ... nah, actually, I probably wouldn't have. But so many of the things that drove fans loudly crazy this season most likely wouldn't have if they'd been given more room to breathe. (More on this in a minute.)"

"And it's partly because the things that established "Game of Thrones" as a phenomenon -- the epic scale, the shocking twists -- began to work against it. Plot swerves got more abrupt as the writers tried to stay ahead of the obsessive audience -- without the benefit of a blueprint, once the show surpassed the books -- and story was sacrificed at the altar of spectacle as the series strove to top itself over and over.

And it's partly because Benioff and Weiss failed to anticipate the ways in which dramatically abbreviating the last two seasons would exacerbate all of the above."

I liked the Battle of Winterfell more than most people, but would it have felt less abrupt spread over two episodes? Would Jaime or Dany's turns have felt more natural if they'd been given time to more gradually unfold? Yes, yes and yes.
But now I worry that I'm starting to sound nit-picky again. And listen: For all of my kvetching, am I saying the show has been ruined, as so many former fans claim? Not at all. (I'm certainly not signing any goofy petitions.)

"I will always admire "Game of Thrones" and never forget the wonder of its most provocative moments -- Hardhome, Hodor, the Red Wedding, Cersei's coup, Arya's killing of the Night King -- and the beauty of its quieter ones. I was frequently astounded that such stunning and audacious artistry could be delivered into my living room.

I kvetch because I care. I care because at its best, there was nothing else like "Game of Thrones" on TV or any other medium."

Lots more at the link.

To me the entire series was like a great 3 week vacation trip that you had to cut short because you found out you were going to direct the next Star Wars epi, or something.

So you crammed the last week in NZ into one day. It was still a great trip, and you still got to see most of the sights, but it would have been a better experience had you not had to rush. Just sayin'.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-20 01:59 PM | Reply

Um, yeah, there's probably some people who haven't seen the last episode yet, so probably not a good idea to put the huge spoiler in the headline.

#2 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-20 02:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I emotionally disinvested after episode 3. I just stuck around for the memes, which have been hysterical. The petition to remake this season is currently at 1.25M signatures. I didn't sign but I get the point people are trying to make.

I read an analysis earlier that sees the series in an interesting light:

"The only reason Jon finds out about his parents is because Bran wanted to use it to split him and Dany up and to cause her to be paranoid and push her further towards madness.

All in all Bran played the game basically, knowing she would torch kings landing killing 1,000,000 innocents but did it so he could be King.

400 IQ plays from Bran.

Bran is the bad guy.

GRRM: So, basically Bran manipulates the personal relationships, politics and even armies to divide the two people who have a fair claim to the throne and are in love, thus causing strife and conflict between them. Eventually, after the dust settles and Dany has been driven further into her paranoia by losing relationships, friends and her dragons - all due to manipulations by Bran's foresight, remember - Jon sees her as evil for destroying what she sought to save and kills her to save the realm. Causing a truly bittersweet ending for the characters our readers and viewers most love. Also putting Bran in place where he is able to become King of the six kingdoms (the North secedes, btw), and rule over men through a historical context.

D & D: Bran King, got it."

#3 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-05-20 02:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 | Kvetcher, lol. Good point, though, maybe Rogers the Bold can change the headline.

Finale Recap might be a clue, but sorry if I spoiled anyone's experience with a final score; albeit, getting there is more than half the fun.

Some cool details, even for experienced watchers:

9 Things We Still Want to Know After the ‘Game of Thrones' Ending

"Back in Season 6, Arya wondered, "What's west of Westeros?" and now that is her destination. Anything across the Sunset Sea is uncharted territory. The only known voyage there in the books was led by Elissa Farman, whom Dany had to thank for her dragon eggs, which Elissa stole from Dreamfyre to finance her trip.

Elissa long believed that there were undiscovered lands west of Westeros, and her crew first sailed south by southwest and found three exotic islands. She then headed west and was never seen again. Her ship, however, was spotted many years later in Asshai, which suggested that it might be possible to reach Essos by sailing west from Westeros. Perhaps one of the prequel successor shows will clear this up. Or maybe Arya will get her own spinoff."

"Hot Pie's Secret Recipes

The baker at the Inn at the Crossroads knows how to bring people together. Will he ever get to play the game of scones?"

www.nytimes.com

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-20 02:16 PM | Reply

I think most of Season 8's narrative and pacing problems could have been solved there had been 2 or 3 episodes in between the battle at Winterfell and siege of King's Landing.

If the length of the last two seasons' were entirely down to Benioff and Weiss, then they deserve all the flak they're getting, but I suspect it likely come out that there were contractual reasons involving far more players behind the scenes, and perhaps some of the ones in front of the cameras. If you think about it, it's really amazing they were able to keep most of the main cast together for this long.

#5 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-20 02:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The petition to remake this season

Might as well be toilet paper.

Trumpublicans had a better chance at funding the wall than GOT fans have of getting HBO to remake a single minute of that show.

Despite people's complaints, it's still the highest watch series finale of all time.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-05-20 02:23 PM | Reply

- If the length of the last two seasons' were entirely down to Benioff and Weiss

It's reported that HBO had nothing to do with that decision; that it was indeed decided by them.

#3 | POSTED BY HAGBARD

DO you happen to have a link to that GM quote? I'm sure it's right, I'd just like to see if there is anything else there.

The series, if not the books (?) don't seem to have Bran as a player in the Game. It'll be interesting to see how the books turn out... maybe, what? 7 years from now.

#7 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-20 02:28 PM | Reply

IIRC, they were originally planning to end this show after seven seasons, but then it was decided to 'split' the last season and give it some extra run time. At the time, I thought it seemed spookily similar to what happened to Doctor Who leading up to its 50th anniversary. Since then we found out the BBC barely budgets enough for one season every 18 months, although they still haven't officially admitted it.

#8 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-20 02:39 PM | Reply

The only reference I can find to the GRRM quote in #3 is a reddit post, however I can't open that site on my desktop and when I put the exact same search on my phone no results are found (thanks Google!). The ending we saw on the show is most likely what GRRM told the writers in his outline, but I'm guessing the alleged quote is probably just sarcasm by a disgruntled fanboy.

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-20 02:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The ending sort of felt like the end of the LoTR.

A little too campy and awkward for the seriousness of the preceding content, almost as if a happy ending was required and was only crafted because audiences want it.

#10 | Posted by jpw at 2019-05-20 02:53 PM | Reply

Yeah, it seemed like the happy-ish ending for the realm was there to make up for the proceeding tragedy of Dany and Jon, Jaime and Cersie (Jamie and Brienne) Grey Worm and Melisandre... not to mention the people of King's Landing.

Most GoT fans, I think, would not have been annoyed by much of the plot results had they been better prepared by at least a couple of more episodes... so that Dany's and Jaimie's turn of character and Bran's place in the Game were more logical.

#11 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-20 03:03 PM | Reply

"It'll be interesting to see how the books turn out... maybe, what? 7 years from now."

I went down to Radio City on the day of the premier and saw GRRM. People were asking him when the next book was going to be finished and he said soon, as usual. Since then I heard that the book is actually done and he made a deal to not release until after the show was over so as to not create any unnecessary drama over how D&D were going to tie up the story.

"DO you happen to have a link to that GM quote?"

No. Found it on /r/freefolk. I will not cosign to it's accuracy, but it certainly sounds right.

"I still think the showrunners were more concerned about what I call the True Detective Effect; that fans would have been even more pissed about a happy ending for all as in the first series of that show."

That sounds like a strawman argument. If you're here in the final season there is no way you'd still expect a happy ending. The show has conditioned us against it since season 1. It's ridiculous of them to suggest otherwise. The NK on the Iron Throne would have been better than what we got.

#12 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-05-20 03:24 PM | Reply

- I heard that the book is actually done and he made a deal to not release until after the show was over

GM heard that too and said the 6th wasn't done and the last one the 7th wasn't started, lol.

- a strawman argument

No, a happy ending was not expected by anyone who paid attention to the show and or the books. However, a lot of casual watchers do exist, see; Twitter... and the reaction to True Detective 1's happy ending was a yuge warning sign to all writers who follow.

As I said, the happy-ish ending for the realm was about as close as they dare get, especially given the otherwise mostly unhappy ending for most of the rest of the characters.

- The NK on the Iron Throne would have been better than what we got.

Well, that's a bit much hyperbole, but whatever. The plot and the characters don't seem at fault, to me. The pacing and the character development do.

#13 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-20 03:43 PM | Reply

Although I didn't care much for the writers winking at the audience, including having Euron break the fourth wall in the previous episode, I liked how the ending was left open ended and ambiguous. I didn't need to have it spelled out for me again that Bran is no longer Bran, that basically the three-eyed crow/raven pulled a coup that no one else noticed, or that there may be something dark still lurking in the forests beyond the wall. Whatever happens next in Westeros feels like uncharted territory, just like wherever Arya is sailing off into.

#14 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-20 03:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

GreyWorm was a huge doosh canoe during this last episode. Spends the whole finale acting important and then dips out at the end making me wonder why his opinion ever even mattered in the preceding affairs.

When did he get an opinion anyway?

#15 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-05-20 04:24 PM | Reply

The ending was like when you're playing DD and you realize you have an hour left and you decide to wrap up.

#16 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2019-05-20 06:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"When did he get an opinion anyway?"

The Unsullied were the ones who had him in custody. If Greyworm didn't agree to the terms of release there'd be a fight that they didn't want considering the losses of the last two battles.

Of course I have no idea why they continued to agree to the terms of the release once the Unsullied sailed away to Naath. No Westerosi wanted Jon Snow to go back to the Wall.

#17 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-05-20 06:47 PM | Reply

Yeah.

Sorry your dragon show ended on a stupid note.

#18 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-05-20 08:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"When did he get an opinion anyway?"
#17 | POSTED BY HAGBARD_CELINE AT 2019-05-20 06:47 PM

Jon, being the last Targarian and factual King would have had to only convince Greyworm. I expected him to hop on and turn the dragon on the Unsullied to eliminate the Praetorian element and then force Brann to spill the truth because neither wants the violence of the throne, lol.

I don't know how to feel about taking Tyrian as his Hand, the full circle effect is appropriate in this finales pacing.

Arya's adventures sound like a new series, fresh crew and ideas..

Greyworm also has an adventure available, and as my favorite developed character he needs a purpose..

The mystic elements were kept dangerous and I would expect the Unsullied to even crusade against the Red God, minion versus minion, even magic versus magic.

#19 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-05-20 08:07 PM | Reply

Thee dragons were fun fantasy carried a bit too far when they set all the granite structures on fire in episode 5. Suddenly a tough Queen who had spent 7 seasons treating her subjects with dignity and fairness, went on a rampage singlehandedly killing her own troops as randomly as the opposition and then proceeding to mercilessly execute the losers.

What you got was years of amazing realistic cinematography and brutality with a decent script too complex for most to follow, followed by a high speed wrap up for the sake of wrap up. Everyone knows Capitalists and Kings never actually stop fighting over power and money.

#20 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-05-20 08:21 PM | Reply

Um, yeah, there's probably some people who haven't seen the last episode yet..

Like me, for instance. :-)

#21 | Posted by REDIAL at 2019-05-20 09:13 PM | Reply

Actor who played Jon Snow says those who previously cheered Daenerys on were 'culpable' and in denial about what who she really was.

www.usatoday.com

#22 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-20 10:01 PM | Reply

How did Jon Snow not end up being king? So many themes and storylines from the very beginning of the series eight years ago all thrown under the bus. From a story telling perspective, it makes no sense. On the other hand, Sansa as Queen of the North totally made sense given the arc of her story.

A dead Daenerys.
An exiled Jon Snow.
A bitter damaged Greyworm.
A Kings Landing reduced to ashes.
A lost dragon
And Arya gone forever into the great unknown.

I could have written a better more cohesive conclusion.

#23 | Posted by moder8 at 2019-05-20 10:06 PM | Reply

- How did Jon Snow not end up being king?

That would break the True Detective Epi 1 rule of happy endings are worse Twitter feedback than murderous ones. They were very careful not to do that.

#24 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-20 10:25 PM | Reply

"How did Jon Snow not end up being king?"

How do you know he doesn't? My thoughts as he was walking away with the Wildings Free Folk was that he'll become the next King Beyond the Wall, which is better than ruling sucky Westeros.

#25 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-20 10:41 PM | Reply

Imagine if after years on the Drudge Retort you were to learn...

Sniper is a sock pocket for Rcade
Boaz is really a woman
--------- is really a man
Corky is a satanist
Moder8 is a Russian plant

That's kind of what the writers of GoT just did to us after eight seasons.

#26 | Posted by moder8 at 2019-05-20 11:10 PM | Reply

Okay, but Sniper being a sock puppet would be far better than little Sniper actually existing in real life.

#27 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-20 11:21 PM | Reply

"Imagine if after years on the Drudge Retort you were to learn...

Sniper is a sock pocket for Rcade
Boaz is really a woman
--------- is really a man
Corky is a satanist
Moder8 is a Russian plant"

All those sound reasonable to me, except I'd need to know what species of plant before deciding for sure about the last one.

#28 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-20 11:46 PM | Reply

GoT'dam Episode 6 - S8E6 Recap w/ the Liberal Redneck

And now our watch has ended y'all.

www.youtube.com

'

- Corky is a satanist

You misspelled satinist.

www.urbandictionary.com

#29 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-20 11:47 PM | Reply

"Ask me again in ten years."

Elihwnaem...

#30 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-21 12:39 AM | Reply

A couple more episodes before the grand finale would have been nice because I thought there was much more intrigue to explore and a cliffhanger or two left undeveloped. Episode 6 seemed to be centered around settling all scores in one fell swoop. It was obvious that Jamie was going to get his death wish when he rushed to King's Landing to save Cersei ~ so that didn't come as a surprise.

I expected to see some drawn out intrigue over who was going to kill Daenery simply because there were three candidates who had reasons ~ Sansa, Arya and, of course Jon Snow himself. It was obvious during the battle at Kings Landing that Jon was becoming conflicted about his love for Daenery who was obviously showing very unattractive signs of madness and revenge. But Sansa and Arya also had motives and were in position to carry out the dirty deed. I'm sorry it turned out to be Jon (sorry REDIAL) because he wasn't a "murderer." All he wanted out of this whole sorry mess was to go home ~ back to the North and his own people.

In this respect I thought Thrones rushed to an end and I felt somewhat cheated. But OTOH, my subscription to HBO was about to expire so I wasn't too terribly grieved.

#31 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-05-21 05:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't watch the show, but this sounds like the typical outcome to any Capitalist venture. Steal all the soul out if it in order to increase msrket share. A fast race to the bottom.

#32 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-05-21 06:07 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

TFD

Since you didn't watch the show you're hardly in a position to cast aspirations. However, those of us who watched (and re-watched) with an obsession, couldn't help but notice the subtle undertones that were comparable to the problems (and the people) that plague today's current politics.

And BTW, there's no law or shame to be found for producing tremendously popular programs. The public is always the final arbiter.

#33 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-05-21 08:13 AM | Reply

#31 I always knew it would be Jon who kills Dany. He was always the show's moral compass. What was lame was Drogon just leaving, despite knowing Jon was the true Targaryen heir and king.

Which was of course followed by a convenient time jump that required no development in order to set up some lame ending monologue by Tyrion so that he and Bronn could finish the show with a forced series of brothel jokes.

#34 | Posted by jpw at 2019-05-21 09:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Shame about the title of this, luckily watched the end last night, being Monday night. The ending worked fine for me. It is after all, Television, and being so, most show endings suck. This didn't. No wallowing, just get it to the end zone.

As far as people screaming about the plot, well the plot went off the rails from the books in the 1st season. As my filmmaker son sez "It's a show, not a book".

I am in agreement with Harrington on the Daneyrs character.

#35 | Posted by DMTDust at 2019-05-21 11:57 AM | Reply

I could have written a better more cohesive conclusion.

#23 | POSTED BY MODER8

But yuh didn't

:-)

#36 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-05-21 12:20 PM | Reply

For anybody who didn't have the coin for HBO, you can still binge watch all 6 seasons for free (for a week) on your computer.

#37 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-05-21 01:47 PM | Reply

Agreed. Sorry I didn't change it sooner.

For any major movie or TV show event that's pretty new (first week or so), we should have no spoiler in the headline and a spoiler warning if the link contains them.

#38 | Posted by rcade at 2019-05-21 01:49 PM | Reply

Thanks, Rogers the Bold!

And now for some comic relief....

The Iron Throb (with Celeste Barber & The Fab Five) - Gay Of Thrones S8 E6 Recap
Funny Or Die

www.youtube.com

#39 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-21 02:33 PM | Reply

Arya's adventures sound like a new series, fresh crew and ideas..

I would love this. It appeared that one of the follow up series involves the golden compass? Maybe she will make a surprise appearance, but I'm spitballing ideas and have forgotten about where and what the golden compass does.

Jon The King beyond the Wall is another aspect of the finale I support.

#40 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-05-21 03:09 PM | Reply

Jon is so lawful good as a character that I imagine he gave himself up and admitted to his encounter with Dany. Otherwise, he had the chance to get away with it as Drogo flew away with the mother of dragons.

#41 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-05-21 03:11 PM | Reply

Why would Greyworm have let either Jon or Tyrion go?

It seems like he would have killed them both.

#42 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-05-21 03:14 PM | Reply

It seems like he would have killed them both.
#42 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Wasn't his role.

#43 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-05-21 03:15 PM | Reply

Wasn't his role.

If I were in his place I would have killed them both.

Immediately.

#44 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-05-21 03:24 PM | Reply

After reading Twitter and DR, I don't regret my decision to stop watching TV shows. After Dexter, The Sopranos. and Doctor Who's lamer endings, I'm done. Even The Avengers: Endgame sucked balls. Why invest my time or money?

#45 | Posted by MisterCarajo at 2019-05-21 03:42 PM | Reply

I didn't watch the show, but from the righteous indignation on display, I can envision the following meeting taking place.

Scene: Benioff and Weiss are storyboarding Seasons 7 and 8 to the PTBs at HBO

Benioff: ..and there you go.
HBO: That's great...really good...but if we can make just one suggestion?
Benioff: Go for it.
HBO: We've been sampling cultural attitudes recently, and we feel like at the end, a disabled, brooding beta-male should be on the throne.
HBO #2: Or a lesbian. Your choice.

#46 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-05-21 03:48 PM | Reply

They could have crowned a Trumper like Littlefinger, but Arya took him out.

#47 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-21 03:52 PM | Reply

Why invest my time or money?
#45 | POSTED BY MISTERCARAJO

Closure.

#48 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2019-05-21 04:26 PM | Reply

Game of Thrones Author George R.R. Martin Has a Lot to Say About His Books After the Big Finale

io9.gizmodo.com

And then there's...

meowwolf.com

#49 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-21 05:01 PM | Reply

BTW, did anyone else try to blow on their TV screen when Brienne was going to close the book she wrote in before the ink dried? I had an uncomfortable feeling she was going to do that even before it happened.

#50 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-21 08:01 PM | Reply

Yeah, that was mildly annoying.

#51 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-05-21 08:08 PM | Reply

What I found annoying was the writers giving a dragon, a lizard with a brain the size of a walnut, a sense of morality.

By all rights, Drogan should have torched Jon for killing Daenery. Instead, it incinerated the Iron Throne which was the symbolic root cause of everybody's death. How would a stupid dragon know THAT?

Sorry, but I just don't give lizards that much credit for intellect.

#52 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-05-22 01:09 AM | Reply

SENTINEL

Yeah, I saw that, too. I suppose it's one of those subtle sacrifices a production has to make when they're trying to condense two hours down to one. Seconds count.

I didn't think Brienne's memorial to Jamie was all that important anyway. Poignant, maybe, but not vital to the story.

#53 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-05-22 01:18 AM | Reply

Sorry, but I just don't give lizards that much credit for intellect.

#52 | POSTED BY TWINPAC AT 2019-05-22 01:09 AM | REPLY

Probably not the series for you then, nor The Hobbit.

#54 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-05-22 08:42 AM | Reply

"By all rights, Drogan should have torched Jon for killing Daenery"

Why are you assuming that Drogon even knew that Jon killed Daenerys?

#55 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-22 09:52 AM | Reply

"Poignant, maybe, but not vital to the story."

Nonsense. It was absolutely necessary to the plot. Much more necessary than getting to Sansa's and Arya's reaction to learning who Jon Snow really was.

#56 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-05-22 10:00 AM | Reply

"If I were in his place I would have killed them both.
Immediately."

Are you unsullied?

Seems perfectly in line with his background of having no agency whatsoever, and still having very limited agency. Without a queen to give him orders anymore, he's very uncertain what to do. He wants justice but doesn't think of himself as the arbiter of what that is.

#57 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-22 10:07 AM | Reply

HAGBARD

"It was absolutely necessary to the plot."

What plot? There was no plot surrounding Jamie. We already knew Jamie had made his choice and why. We already knew Jamie was dead. Tyrion found his body in the rubble at Kings Landing. We already knew Brienne was grieving. For the sake of preserving Jamie in history, the whole thing could have been handled with a single screen shot of the book to finish the story of Jamie.

Jon was the most important character in that part of the narrative. I just think the story would have been more dramatic by showing Jon turning himself in to Greywolf.

#58 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-05-22 10:47 AM | Reply

Twinpac.... it was sarcasm, sister!

#59 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-05-22 10:50 AM | Reply

HAGBARD

When you're going to change directions, use your turn signal.

#60 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-05-22 11:12 AM | Reply

I had an uncomfortable feeling she was going to do that even before it happened. #50 | POSTED BY SENTINEL

Lol, I felt the same way. That ink was definitely still wet when she closed the book.
I'm surprised the remaining Dothraki didn't decide to hang out in Westeros as sellswords or otherwise explore. In the books, their people hated ships and the sea, so no solid reason for them to follow the unsullied to their next adventure -- a random island.

#61 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-05-22 02:57 PM | Reply

It seemed like closing the book before the ink was dry was an 'in-joke' by the writers about how the show ended, since GRRM is still writing his last two books.

Yeah, the Dothraki are another loose end.

Also, if Arya discovers a new land west of Westeros, she could end up founding the Aryan Nation.

#62 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-05-23 10:30 AM | Reply

#62 |

you should be pun-ished for that!

#63 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-23 12:37 PM | Reply