Saturday, May 18, 2019

Leanin.org: 60% of managers who are men are uncomfortable participating in a common work activity with a woman, such as mentoring, working alone, or socializing together. Senior-level men are now far more hesitant to spend time with junior women than junior men across a range of basic work activities such as 1-on-1 meetings, travel, and work dinners. We need to actively support women at work, including by mentoring and sponsoring them. Men -- who are the majority of managers and senior leaders -- can help make this happen.

Comments

First they poison the work environment with their "MeToo" Salem witch hunt and now they complain men aren't giving them enough attention.

Yes, there are real predators out there but most of the MeToo BS is just that.. BS. Trial by social media. Hi-Tech Witch Hunt.

Enjoy the lack of attention and no promotions. LOL

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-05-18 12:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"with their "MeToo" Salem witch hunt and now they complain men aren't giving them enough attention."

You'll get used to American women - I know it's a culture shock.

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-05-18 12:54 AM | Reply

If you read the title on the video in a mirror, it says "Jihad Max".

Also, never forget what causes déjà vu.

#3 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-05-18 01:41 AM | Reply

You'll get used to American women

I know American women inside out, thanks.

I know it's a culture shock

The only culture shock is the one THEY get when they figure out how much I know about them and about women in general.

#4 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-05-18 03:02 AM | Reply

Do you know how to keep women happy?

Play mind games with them.

They play mind games constantly... it never ends. So you play some mind games of your own. Fortunately I am very very good at mind games.

Even when you tell her how you are playing her, she is happy because you made an effort. Women like it when you put in an effort. Means she has your attention.

Second thing that makes them happy is beef stew/curry (or mutton stew/curry).

Make sure the bones have marrow in them. They LOVE fishing out the marrow with a toothpick and sucking on that bone. (I have never seen a man do that).

Of course there is also money. Money is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

etc etc.

#5 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-05-18 03:11 AM | Reply

she is happy because you made an effort"

#5 | Posted by J_Tremain

Hahahahaha. Still never dated an American? Dude, you guys can have more then one.

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-05-18 03:36 AM | Reply

#5 Oh wait, that was sarcasm. My bad.

#7 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-05-18 03:37 AM | Reply

No it wasn't sarcasm.

Still never dated an American?

I got one here right now in Karachi. She followed me here.

Dude, you guys can have more then one.

Yep. Four.

It's even better if your wives are bi so they can amuse themselves while you go out with your buddies once in while.

Homosexuality in men is forbidden in Islam. With women, it is not.

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-05-18 03:51 AM | Reply

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain

I would convert, but our cult is already degenerating through our worship of Elder Gods, so we don't need any that fancy stuff. Can't even read the book. Just give me a black robe, a dagger, a place and time and I'm happy.

#9 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-05-18 04:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Bingo on Wednesdays.

#10 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-05-18 05:40 AM | Reply

Y'all might be surprised how successful you can be with women, and with life in general, just by following the mantra of #dontbeadick.

#11 | Posted by cbob at 2019-05-18 06:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

They are having trouble with
#dontbeatinydick

#12 | Posted by bored at 2019-05-18 06:35 PM | Reply

American Woman....staaa awaaay from me...
American woman, mama let me be
Don't come hangin around my office no more
I wanna see you walking out my door.
I got more important things to do
Than spend my time mentoring you.

You know I want you to leeeave.
You know I want you to goooo.

Goodbye American Woman
Goodbye American ----

ah yea, you know I'm not getting any tonight... if my wife see's this...

#13 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-05-18 06:50 PM | Reply

I was at a leadership conference with some very high achieving folks. 11 women and 5 men. The women were pretty vocal about all their issues and attributed every problem to sexism. Either sexism is rampant and severe, or they are seeing every conflict with roots in sexism without considering any other option.

#14 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-05-18 11:05 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY CBOB

Ever been falsely accused?

Why even let that possibility occu
If you are a family man, a man of responsibilities, the risk is too great. Mentoring/meeting with her has more risk than reward, its not a complicated equation.

These are your rules ... not going as planned?

A complex adaptive systems has a way of adjusting, its not the way you want or planned, doesn't mean they are dicks for doing so.

#15 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-05-18 11:43 PM | Reply

I like it when the rrriiiiiggghhhtttt cries that their heroes are "falsely accused."

It's typically said that the women who make these "false accusations" are doing it for fame.

Off the top of your head name 5 of the women who have accused Brokeahauntas of sexual assaulting them.

See? It works. I mean, those people, whose names you don't know and maybe have never even heard, they're pretty famous, right?

#16 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-05-19 03:34 AM | Reply

"60% of managers who are men are uncomfortable participating in a common work activity with a woman, such as mentoring, working alone, or socializing together."

Alternative take: 60% of managers who are men have a history of inappropriate behavior and are uncomfortable participating in a common work activity with a woman because they don't trust themselves to not be inappropriate

#17 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-05-19 09:43 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Johnny,

it's not because they don't trust themselves it's because the managers are afraid of false accusations.

it is simply not worth the risk. your career could end because of one false accusation

#18 | Posted by Maverick at 2019-05-19 09:50 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

because they don't trust themselves to not be inappropriate

#17 | POSTED BY JOHNNY_HOTSAUCE AT

This is the basis of every "dress code" that exists.

#19 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-05-19 10:06 AM | Reply

Looks like Mike Pence has the answer.
Always,.... Have the wife with you.

#20 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-05-19 10:39 AM | Reply

Office romances can put anybodies job in jeopardy, but more often than not women carry the greatest risks. But it certainly worked out for Melinda.

#21 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-05-19 11:01 AM | Reply

Johnny,

#18 | POSTED BY MAVERICK

No it's not. I work with and talk to IT and medical professionals and C-level executives around the Midwest and they will tell you they are concerned about false accusations. But when you get to know them and they get honest about what is going on it's not false accusations. The issue is they don't understand what a legitimate accusation of harassment even is.
They are worried that someone is going to claim they assaulted them or did something even the most obtusely sexist man has to admit is harassment like telling a secretary she can get a promotion for sex.
There's one business I consulted for where a number of the career professional where out drinking and made a list of interns ranked by physical attributes. When confronted, these men don't deny they created the list but they will tell you that claims of harassment are false because it is just a joke and no acted on the list. They fail to admit the fact the list exists in the first place is indicative of their sexist views towards their female colleagues.

#22 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-05-19 11:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

By the way, in the situation I describe above, one of the people who came forward about the list was demoted not long after reporting their colleagues and eventually lost their job even though the men what made the list faced little to no repercussions from the predominately male board of directors

#23 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-05-19 11:56 AM | Reply

#23 Damn. Do you still have the list? I'd like to see it.

#24 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-05-19 12:16 PM | Reply

Never saw it myself. I just know the communications exist.
Protip: if you are going to be a sexist pig, don't do it using company owned communication devices.

#25 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-05-19 12:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"It's that they are concerned they will be called out for their everyday sexist behavior that they have gotten away with for years."

This.

The story of the list goes to show they are so blind to the issue, they documented their own transgression.

Like a YouTube video some dumb kid makes of themselves breaking the law.

Or that junkie who calls the cops after their stash gets stolen.

#26 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-19 01:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Of course, the way the reporting of the list was handled goes to show how prevalent and tolerated sexism still is.

#27 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-19 01:03 PM | Reply

Or that junkie who calls the cops after their stash gets stolen.

#26 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

"that junkie" ? You mean the underprivileged addict-victims who have a disease?

Sounds like you really look down on them, in opposition to California democrats who want to help them.

Why such a high opinion of yourself? Won't your legions of followers and Internet forum students be sad?

#28 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-05-19 01:32 PM | Reply

Does "that junkie" disgust you when he reports his stash stolen, or does their behavior disgust you?

How long have you hated junkies?

#29 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-05-19 01:37 PM | Reply

LOL.

It's not me who lacks compassion for junkies.

It's a society that treats underprivileged addict-victims who have a disease like criminals.

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-19 01:46 PM | Reply

It's not me who lacks compassion for junkies.

#30 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Of course it's not you, Snoofy. It never is.

You're just another misunderstood victim.

So then, "junkies" is a term of endearment?

I'm just trying to get a handle on what you're teaching your internet class, here on the DR.

#31 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-05-19 01:53 PM | Reply

"You're just another misunderstood victim."

I am?

This is exciting news for me!

"So then, "junkies" is a term of endearment?"

Um... It's a term for a herion addict. Do you not even know what junkies are???

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-19 01:57 PM | Reply

"Do you have feelings of compassion for "that junkie", but still find their behavior reprehensible?"

Reprehensible
deserving censure or condemnation.
"his complacency and reprehensible laxity"

No, I think all drugs should be decriminalized and drug addicts should receive treatment.

#33 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-19 02:00 PM | Reply

"So then, "junkies" is a term of endearment?"

Um... It's a term for a herion addict. Do you not even know what junkies are???

#32 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

A medical term? used by professionals? I don't think so.

Isn't it more of a degrading label used to express class contempt by more elite members of society like yourself?

I mean, you don't treat them like criminals, just the lower class scum that they are, right?

Is your classroom following along, or do they not convene at your lectures on Sunday?

#34 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-05-19 02:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#33 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

You mean, "junkies". It's ok to use your normal vocabulary here.

Don't change your terminology for appearances sake.

You've already established that in your worldview, they're junkies.

#35 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-05-19 02:09 PM | Reply

Do you like the attention, Snoofy. Let's make this all about you.

When did you first notice, "those junkies"?

#36 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-05-19 02:10 PM | Reply

snoofy-

you may wish to have that barnacle looked at.

it's ugly.

#37 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-05-19 02:18 PM | Reply

Sheeple has lost his freaking marbles. All he does is harass.

#38 | Posted by cbob at 2019-05-19 02:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sheetple seems to have a 🍆 for Snoofy.

#39 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-05-19 03:08 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

As #MeToo ramped up this was the natural response - men want to avoid being in a situation - alone with a female co-worker - where they can be falsely accused.

#40 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-05-20 12:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The notion that men are being constantly falsely accused all over the place appears to be a rightwing fabrication. I have never heard of anyone doing this in my professional life. I have, however, seen legitimate claims of harassment/groping go unreported for fear of reprisal.

#41 | Posted by JOE at 2019-05-20 12:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 5

no, men aren't avoiding female colleagues ---- the INCELS are

#42 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-05-20 12:47 PM | Reply

"The notion that men are being constantly falsely accused all over the place appears to be a rightwing fabrication"

Nailed It

#43 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-05-20 12:48 PM | Reply

Joe,

Look at the Duke Lacrosse team. They got destroyed over a false allegation.

The VA gang rape hoax. Same thing.

It happens. College campuses have been doing away with any semblance of due process when it comes to adjudicating sexual assault allegations (thanks, Obama!). One doesn't even have to go through the judicial process to be destroyed by the online social media mobs.

The more people potentially have to lose, the more measures they take to protect themselves.

#44 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-05-20 12:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Headline:

Cops: Woman's false rape claim led to innocent man's death...

#45 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-05-20 01:28 PM | Reply

#45 Those cops must be pissed that woman took their job.

#46 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-05-20 01:44 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Look at the Duke Lacrosse team. They got destroyed over a false allegation.

Please. Nobody remembers their names. None of them were "destroyed."

#47 | Posted by JOE at 2019-05-20 01:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#47 | POSTED BY JOE

They had the remainder of their season cancelled. They were pilloried by the MSM, social media, academic professors at their own school, etc. Their coach was forced to resign over the "incident".

Their lives were turned upside down over a false allegation.

#48 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-05-20 01:59 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Men: when you grab a woman's crotch, simply inform her you're giving her a "Donnie" and question her patriotism if she complains.

#49 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-05-20 02:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"Look at the Duke Lacrosse team. They got destroyed over a false allegation"

One of the accused is now law clerk at the U.S. District Court in New Jersey
Another works as an analyst at Deutsche Bank, the third accused works with J.P. Morgan Chase.

Yup "Ruined" I tell ya

#50 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-05-20 02:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They were pilloried by the MSM

#51 | Posted by JOE at 2019-05-20 02:38 PM | Reply

-Sexual harassment wasn't a right-left debate until Republicans elected a sex offender president.

You're right. When the democrats elected a sex offender president, it wasn't that big of a deal.....especially to democrats.

#52 | Posted by eberly at 2019-05-20 03:25 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

#53 | Posted by JOE at 2019-05-20 03:32 PM | Reply

"Eberly is too stupid to understand the difference between "alleged" and "proud admitter of."

He knows the difference. I think he's just bored.

#54 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-05-20 03:36 PM | Reply

Clinton was a sex offender, Joe.

He was just smart enough not to brag about it in front of a camera.

#55 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-05-20 03:38 PM | Reply

-I recall hearing a lot about "the team" generally, but it's a gross exaggeration to claim that any of them were "ruined" by it.

in the end, they were exonerated and settled with the university. They were relatively wealthy kids and had access to quality representation.

but they were outright railroaded by the local district attorney

#56 | Posted by eberly at 2019-05-20 03:39 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY CBOB
Ever been falsely accused?
#15 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

Everyone has been falsely accused of quite a few things.

I didn't avoid dating because someone I dated falsely accused me of cheating.

I didn't avoid driving because a cop falsely accused me of speeding.

I didn't avoid gambling because a blackjack dealer falsely accused me of counting cards.

Of course I complained about it soon afterward. But I accepted that there are some people out there who are -------- for their own benefit. I also accepted the fact that these things really do happen a lot more often than people are falsely accused of them happening.

Welcome to the Real World.

#57 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-05-20 03:45 PM | Reply

"Their lives were turned upside down over a false allegation."

Not really.

No more than Brett Kavanaugh's life was turned upside down over an allegation.

#58 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-20 03:45 PM | Reply

"You've already established that in your worldview, they're junkies."

For what it's worth, I also think drunks, meth heads, and pill poppers should clean up their act.

#59 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-20 03:50 PM | Reply

Absolutely correct here in TX. i here from many managers in. My line of work, they will not meet in an office with a female colleague or subordinate. Hallways or conference rooms with a third party present only. Yes, there is a huge amount of sex harrassment. Yes, there is also a ridiculous amount of overreaction. But one must go out of the way now to avoid any accusation.

#60 | Posted by e1g1 at 2019-05-20 03:51 PM | Reply

You know what's not news, but is true?

US Women Avoiding Going Out Alone At Night Because of #Rape.

#61 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-20 04:06 PM | Reply

You forgot to accuse all men of being Brock Turner.

#62 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-05-20 05:09 PM | Reply

"they will not meet in an office with a female colleague or subordinate. Hallways or conference rooms with a third party present only. Yes, there is a huge amount of sex harrassment."
#60 | POSTED BY E1G1

So on one hand you say they are afraid of a false accusations but on the other you say their is a huge amount of harassment going.

Thank you for proving my point that it's not false accusations they are worried about. It's actual harassment that you admit is common. Those men you work with are the same ones who created that toxic environment where you work. Now they just don't want to recognize they are part of the problem and that behavior that women have long looked the other way on will no longer fly.

#63 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-05-20 05:49 PM | Reply

Are you a woman Johnny?

#64 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-05-20 06:01 PM | Reply

"Not really.
No more than Brett Kavanaugh's life was turned upside down over an allegation."

you need to research that more. The Duke case was completely different.

#65 | Posted by eberly at 2019-05-20 06:52 PM | Reply

"You forgot to accuse all men of being Brock Turner."

Not all men are Brock Turner.
But how many men like Brock Turner does there really need to be for women wisely avoid men for their own safety?

#66 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-20 11:47 PM | Reply

I am not.

#67 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-05-21 05:11 AM | Reply

Okay.

#68 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-05-21 11:23 AM | Reply

-Eberly is too stupid to understand the difference between "alleged" and "proud admitter of." How quaint.

You're right. Clinton denying it and organizing an ARMY to ruin the lives of the women who came forward with their stories is a big difference.

Joe, can you be any more obvious with your bias?

The truth is very inconvenient for you on this issue.

But you brought up how it was political until Trump.

Which is 100% ---------.

#69 | Posted by eberly at 2019-05-21 12:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

sorry..."wasn't political until Trump".

#70 | Posted by eberly at 2019-05-21 12:45 PM | Reply