Friday, May 17, 2019

France's Marine Le Pen, of the far-right National Rally, is the latest politician to find themselves in hot water for signalling that everything is OK.

Comments

Well... not so fast. The gesture was hijacked by racist prison gangs who needed a "gang sign" of their own. The OK sign is now considered a bonafide gang sign and banned from being used on the yard. Be careful, though. Like any other gang sign, if you use it in the wrong company, and you're not in any white power gang, you will get a beat down. Hispanic Americans know not to flash gang signs on the street. You might get sliced opened or beheaded.

#1 | Posted by MisterCarajo at 2019-05-17 08:56 AM | Reply

The circle game is practically endemic in the military. Put a bunch of alpha males in one spot, and they'll find excuses to punch each other.

#2 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-05-17 10:10 AM | Reply

#1 The whole thing started as a 4chan hoax.

#3 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-05-17 11:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

It has meant A-Okay [all okay] throughout my lifetime and even astronauts have used it [I also use it when SCUBA diving as it is a standard hand signal there] and will continue to use it. BTW I still call this # a 'pound sign'.

#4 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-05-17 11:43 AM | Reply

#4 | Posted by MSgt

Read the post above yours dum dum. This was not done by the left. Right wing bigots did it as a joke, but it caught on because bigots enjoyed having a way to signal to each other.

#5 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-05-17 11:47 AM | Reply

--The left loves redefining things for their agendas, [words, signs, etc] but that does not mean that we must accept it.

Your post is OK with me.

pbs.twimg.com

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-05-17 11:47 AM | Reply

#5 | Posted by SpeakSoftly

Read the post above yours dum dum. They are talking about the far right that is so far it is left.

#7 | Posted by Sniper at 2019-05-17 11:57 AM | Reply

lh5.googleusercontent.com

#8 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-05-17 12:02 PM | Reply

They are talking about the far right that is so far it is left.

WTF does that even mean? At what point is someone so far right that they become left? Can someone be so far left that they become right? Is your theory of a circular political spectrum supported by anybody? If I flip flop my views through my life, will I get dizzy from going around in circles, or will I get sick from bouncing back and forth?

#9 | Posted by dylanfan at 2019-05-17 12:31 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

BTW I still call this # a 'pound sign'. - #4 | Posted by MSgt at 2019-05-17 11:43 AM
#metoo probably isn't the invitation that you think it is...

#10 | Posted by Avigdore at 2019-05-17 12:31 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#10 FF.

On topic, it's not a coincidence that crypto-white supremacists everywhere are using this sign. Yes, the general meaning is "ok," but it's clearly been coopted by deplorables.

#11 | Posted by JOE at 2019-05-17 12:44 PM | Reply

OMG?? So what does the "Thumbs up" hand sign mean??

I am so confused by liberals it's hard to follow them sometimes...

#12 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-05-17 12:54 PM | Reply

- So what does the "Thumbs up" hand sign mean??

I play a bedroom game with my wife called, "Is this my finger or thumb?"

#13 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-05-17 01:03 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

In parts of Germany, it means "-------"

"I am so confused by liberals it's hard to follow them sometimes..."

Perhaps if you were smarter...

#14 | Posted by contrecoup at 2019-05-17 01:05 PM | Reply

It isn't OK to flash the "OK" in Brazil. It's the equivalent to giving the middle finger.

#15 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-05-17 01:52 PM | Reply

The rainbow flag is next. It represents
The Diversity of races, which is good, mixed is ugly.

Honk!

#16 | Posted by mutant at 2019-05-17 03:00 PM | Reply

I play a bedroom game with my wife called, "Is this my finger or thumb?"

#13 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

That's funny.

The last time I used my thumb my wife commented that my dick seemed bigger than usual. I couldn't bring myself to inform her that it was my thumb.

#17 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-05-17 03:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#17 | POSTED BY JEFFJ AT 2019-05-17 03:49 PM | FLAG: | FUNNY: 1

I'm not touching that one.

#18 | Posted by cbob at 2019-05-17 04:28 PM | Reply

I play a bedroom game with my wife called, "Is this my finger or thumb?"

#13 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM AT 2019-05-17 01:03 PM | REPLY | FUNNY: 1

and then she hissed as all the air escaped.

#19 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-05-17 04:43 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

Good choice.

#20 | Posted by contrecoup at 2019-05-17 06:38 PM | Reply

#9 | Posted by dylanfan

Tell me the difference between arian nations and antifa. One is white and nutz and the other is black and nutz.

#21 | Posted by Sniper at 2019-05-18 01:32 PM | Reply

Body count is the difference, little Sniper.

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-05-18 01:36 PM | Reply

When it's totally made up by 4-chan to create support for 4-chan by deliberately humiliating the left who can't give up on how they got pwned?

Naw....

#23 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-05-18 10:53 PM | Reply

Only white males are Okay - everyone else is a marginalized victim. Thus, the use of the okay sign is inherently racist.

#24 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-05-19 03:56 AM | Reply

#2 | Posted by MUSTANG You obviously have never been in the Military. I am as Alpha mas you can get, and in 22 years, I never got into a fight. Broke up a few, but not once did I throw a punch. Especially down range, when everyone had a loaded weapon, violence or soldiers "loosing their s*it", is universally discouraged. Violence is one thing that is controlled. Back in the day, if a bully was identified, we would put him in a ring with some real nightmare. Good training, you might be big and tough, but there is always someone bigger and badder.

#25 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-05-19 08:19 AM | Reply

#14 | Posted by contrecoup, Every country has their own gestures. In England, our "peace gesture" is one that means "victory", turn that around, with the back of your hand outwards, it means something quite different.

#26 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-05-19 08:29 AM | Reply