Thursday, May 16, 2019

The White House launched a tool on Wednesday that will allow any U.S. citizen to submit a complaint if they think they were unfairly censored on social media platforms.

Comments

Snowflake support, LOL.

#1 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-05-16 12:09 PM | Reply

I am glad Fat Nixon is addressing the important issues facing America today!

Crumbling roads. Nope.

Health care costs soaring. Nope.

Tuition becoming unaffordable. Nope.

Making sure Skeeter can post outright lies on Facebook. You betcha.

Better watch out Rcade, can plonks be safe from this?

#2 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-05-16 12:27 PM | Reply

Good, get these idiots on a government list. That'll scare them back into the holes they crawled out of.

#3 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-05-16 02:05 PM | Reply

I am going to file a complaint against Rcade for censoring Illegitimate President Bucket of ----.

#4 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-05-16 02:37 PM | Reply

Here's your complaints:

Trump's Blocking of Twitter Users Is Unconstitutional, Judge Says

When Trump blocks users on Twitter, he does it himself, DOJ lawyer says

And how many NDA's has Trump forced people to sign?

#5 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2019-05-16 04:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't think he means ALL US citizens.

#6 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-05-16 08:52 PM | Reply

Conservatives have been complaining for decades because the vast majority of Professors, and PhDs for that matter, favor progressive thinking. This is because a liberal mind it is a natural consequence of a superior disciplined mind filled with truthful facts. This contrasts sharply with most conservative minds full of fake facts. But conservatives want you to believe this is an unnatural condition caused by a liberal biased press, which the finest trained minds in the country are unable to think past.

This is a another version of that same idiotic complaint.

#7 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-05-16 09:47 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

I go into left-wing and right-wing pages and argue with people. I like to argue, so sue me. I argue abortion with righties all the time (including directly with Ben Carson himself on his page once)...they go unhinged usually for a short amount of time but I've never been banned. I argue climate change with lefties...instaban.

In the case of Occupy Democrats, as soon as I started posting rather benign comments arguing their suggested primary strategy, someone from a California IP address hacked into my account to poke around, I'm guessing to collect dirt, and I was banned from posting further.

I post things about ideas I support on the left, some of my more conservative friends will argue, no big deal. When I post things about ideas I support on the right, friends disappear off my friends list.

The people running the show behind the scenes on the left, not always, but tend to be less tolerant of conservatives than the other way around.

Bayviking: There is plenty of fake news/egregious bias on both sides. I'm fairly moderate and I track both sides and there's some straight up -------- floating around. I'd cite a specific example, but I'm probably already inviting a slew of personal attacks just by mentioning I had an argument about climate change.

Fox News lemmings and MSNBC lemmings are the same thing.

#8 | Posted by dialate at 2019-05-16 11:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Frigging stupid and targeted at cry baby extremist righties - i.e. the Trump base. It isn't the government restricting their speech which is what free speech protections are for. It is a Private capitalist company and frankly they seem to be now attempting to do the right thing. It is a Private service. They are free to determine what speech they allow on their properties. Capitalism am I right? Oh but wait it isn't great to be a capitalist under the GOP now is it?

#9 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-05-17 12:00 AM | Reply

#7 | Posted by bayviking

Conservative minds are fear filled by nature - it is science. Progress isn't in their vocabulary because of that.

#10 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-05-17 12:01 AM | Reply

This is OK for you until private companies ban making cakes for gay couples. Just wonder about the political savvy here, oops, political hypocrisy.

#11 | Posted by Crassus at 2019-05-17 05:32 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

#11 | Posted by Crassus

From your view point don't blame me for conservatives creating precedence. Also they are not denying them as a class. They are doing things like banning hate speech, bullying, spreading fake new, etc. - Doesn't matter what your political persuasion is. It just so happens conservatives mostly fall in that lot. Find a way to say it civilly and don't lie and you have no problem.

#12 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-05-17 08:26 AM | Reply

What do they intend to do with this?

#13 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-05-17 08:54 AM | Reply

The typical scam run by your local Nigerian prince is more subtle than this...

#14 | Posted by catdog at 2019-05-17 09:21 AM | Reply

What do they intend to do with this?

#13 | Posted by JeffJ

Use it to fire up the base going into 2020.

#15 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-05-17 09:45 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Use it to fire up the base going into 2020.

#15 | POSTED BY GALAXIEPETE

If it proves to be effective this is smart politicking.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-05-17 09:52 AM | Reply

If it proves to be effective this is smart politicking.

#16 | POSTED BY JEFFJ AT 2019-05-17 09:52 AM | REPLY |

Wouldn't it be great if we had a President who spent his time trying to make the country better rather than rank self promotion and politicking?

#17 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2019-05-17 10:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What do they intend to do with this?
Use it to fire up the base going into 2020.

WELL YEA.....makes sense.... remember....

These are PRIVATE systems/servers.

They are always OPEN till they have enuf traffic to support advertising... only then can they censor...

There are TONs of clones around looking for traffic. They just love controversy as it drives traffic to their sites.

In the end, you'll see thousands of Twitter, Facebook, Google and so on versions for each political group.

Then I predict we will have a dedicated Internets for every type of group through built in VPNs on the PC motherboard. You'll only see websites dedicated to just that group.

You can go for weeks on these Internets and not be pissed off by controversy... You'll be meeting and talking to people just like you... without having to deal with Internet trash...

WOW I just thought one that up... actually a damn good idea...

#18 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-05-17 11:21 AM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY CRASSUS

Are you saying Being Gay is as bad as Advocating for the Extinction of an Entire Race of People?

Didn't think that post through, did you?

#19 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-05-17 11:22 AM | Reply

Yay, another tool that will be used in the biased form of whichever party is in office. Hooray!

#20 | Posted by humtake at 2019-05-17 12:24 PM | Reply

#20 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE AT 2019-05-17 12:24 PM | REPLY |

So having a list of triggered right wing snowflakes when a democrat is president is a bad thing why?

#21 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2019-05-17 01:14 PM | Reply

#21 Well it could be useful to monitor who will be the next school/synagogue/planned parenthood shooter.

#22 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-05-17 01:30 PM | Reply

#8 | Posted by dialate

So what was your original account name?

Who else creates an account 5 years ago and posts now? Goatman, is that you?

#23 | Posted by jpw at 2019-05-18 03:07 AM | Reply