Sunday, May 12, 2019

Andy McKean: There are times when you have to follow the dictates of your conscience. For me, that time has come.

Comments

I'm sure that this man's actions have no implications for Iowa as a whole.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2019-05-12 02:10 PM | Reply

I believe that it is just a matter of time before our country pays a heavy price for President Donald Trump's reckless spending and shortsighted financial policies; his erratic, destabilizing foreign policy; and his disdain and disregard for environmental concerns.

Furthermore, he sets a poor example for the nation and our children. He delivers personal insults, often in a crude and juvenile fashion, to those who disagree with him, and is a bully at a time when we're attempting to discourage bullying, on- and offline.

In addition, he frequently disregards the truth and displays a willingness to ridicule or marginalize people for their appearance, ethnicity, and disability.

FROM THE ARTICLE

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2019-05-12 02:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He knows Iowa is changing .... lots of Liberals in Iowa these days.

I love the ignorance ...

his erratic, destabilizing foreign policy;

Yeah, because Ukraine, Honduras, Lybia, and Sryia all worked out so great.

Sounds alot like Zed.

#3 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-05-12 02:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 Sure Zed, shame me for being lazy and not posting more from the original article. You make me feel like a riech winger, lefties are doing my work for me.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2019-05-12 03:40 PM | Reply

#3 Exploding the debt while the economy has been in recovery for years is very reckless.
Increasing military spending when there is no benefit is wasteful.
Extorting allies and doing the bidding of enemies is treasonous.

No wonder an honorable GoPer finally had enough of the fraud artist in chief.

#5 | Posted by bored at 2019-05-12 03:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Guy has at least one ball, which is twice as many as Mattress.

#6 | Posted by Corky at 2019-05-12 08:33 PM | Reply

"I might have limped along -- attempting to work within my caucus for what I felt was best for the people I represent -- if it hadn't been for another factor. With the 2020 presidential election looming on the horizon, I felt, as a Republican, that I needed to be able to support the standard-bearer of the party. Unfortunately, that is something I'm unable to do.

I believe that his actions have coarsened political discourse, contributing to unprecedented polarization and creating a breeding ground for hateful rhetoric and actions.

Some would excuse this behavior, claiming Trump is just telling it like it is -- and that this is the new normal. If this is the new normal, I want no part of it. Unacceptable behavior should be called out for what it is -- and Americans of all parties should insist on something far better from the man holding the highest office in the land."

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2019-05-12 08:43 PM | Reply

and this guy is to the right of billy sunday. if he's coming out in such a forceful way i'd say he feels privy to some info that probably isn't to favorable to tRump.

#8 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-05-12 10:51 PM | Reply

Guy has at least one ball, which is twice as many as Mattress.

#6 | POSTED BY CORKY

Andrea is still trying to find himself.

#9 | Posted by kudzu at 2019-05-13 07:52 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Trending...

OCU

#10 | Posted by OCUser at 2019-05-13 12:25 PM | Reply

I thought it would be Steve King having a moment of honesty and joining the Nazi party

#11 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2019-05-13 02:49 PM | Reply

There will be more defections, I'm sure. He's right about the heavy price America is paying for having this buffoon soil the Oval Office. For all its faults, the other main party hasn't produced a turd this awful.

#12 | Posted by cbob at 2019-05-13 04:47 PM | Reply

I love the ignorance ..

Trust me, we know you do.

#13 | Posted by JOE at 2019-05-13 04:57 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

he been watching way to much MSNBC LOL

#14 | Posted by Maverick at 2019-05-13 05:25 PM | Reply

"He delivers personal insults" now that's funny

the left lives on personal insults and bulling

#15 | Posted by Maverick at 2019-05-13 05:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

you cross the street the wrong way and the left will call you a "racist" or a "homophobe". how about a Conservative try to make a speech at a University, how about wear a MAGA hat in Liberal town

#16 | Posted by Maverick at 2019-05-13 05:35 PM | Reply

#16 | POSTED BY MAVERICK AT 2019-05-13 05:35 PM | REPLY

If you cross the street to avoid blacks or gays then you ARE a racist or a homophobe.

For every MAGAT yelled at for wearing a hat there are liberals beaten for showing up at a Trump rally.

And getting shouted down for sputing racist white supremacist dog whistles and talking point is somrthing that SHOULD happen.

#17 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2019-05-13 11:07 PM | Reply

Well, testosterone drops 1% a year after the age of 40 so this "dude" is down a third. Sounds about right to switch to Dem at this point in his life.

#18 | Posted by iragoldberg at 2019-05-14 02:11 AM | Reply