Saturday, May 11, 2019

The story hit just the right note with those who heard it. But whose young voice was it that touched the hearts of both orchestra and audience alike at a concert of the Handel and Hayden Society at Symphony Hall in Boston Sunday? Well, he's been found. And his name is Ronan Mattin. He's 9 years old and his story is remarkable.

Comments

I am crying, that was so beautiful. This is why I joined symphony, the depth is understood even by children.

#1 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2019-05-11 11:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Mozart will do that.

#2 | Posted by contrecoup at 2019-05-11 11:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

New call letters: WOWM

#3 | Posted by LesWit at 2019-05-12 12:06 AM | Reply

Mozart, Handel, and Hayden are pale, stale, and male. Highlighting this story - which normalizes problematic, violent, toxic, European culture and its history - only serves to de-person and Otherize PoCs, who are just participating in their own lives, and have been colonized since before the universe existed.

Damn whypipo and their
*spins wheel*
irreplaceable cultural contributions!

#4 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-05-12 01:55 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

#4 | POSTED BY BERSERKONE

Piss off idiot.

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2019-05-12 02:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Thanks for the response, and also the big smile on my face.

#6 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-05-12 02:15 AM | Reply

Because you're too stupid to know what a worthless use of carbon you are.

Or just a troll, so still a waste of carbon but an intentional one.

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2019-05-12 02:23 AM | Reply

Berzerk ain't trollin', he's summarizing.

aysymphony.org

shaomein.wordpress.com

van-us.atavist.com

#8 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-05-12 07:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Berserkone isn't doing anything except displaying his hate for the world and stupidity which probably causes it. A story about a 9 year old being overwhelmed with joy and he responds: Mozart, Handel, and Hayden are pale, stale, and male."

Pathetic -------.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2019-05-12 08:38 AM | Reply

this is why trump got elected

#10 | Posted by ABlock at 2019-05-12 08:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They doxed him?

#11 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-05-12 01:19 PM | Reply

That was really touching. This autistic young man felt the music in his soul in a way other things can't touch.

There's a link to a recording of young Ronan's exclamation at the bottom of this story:

www.classicalwcrb.org

I attended a performance of Beethoven's 9th as the last thing I did before getting in my car and driving home after being at my sister's bedside when she died from cancer. A friend purchased the ticket for me and we went to the concert together. I recently came across the ticket stub that was still in the inner pocket of a sport coat I wore that day ... and heard the music. Ode To Joy returned a little joy to my soul that Sunday afternoon. At times music heals like nothing else can.

#12 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-05-12 03:52 PM | Reply

why do they want to find him? sick.

#13 | Posted by ichiro at 2019-05-12 04:43 PM | Reply

checkout the scream at 5:53.
same reaction...
vimeo.com

#14 | Posted by ichiro at 2019-05-12 04:50 PM | Reply

#14 | Posted by ichiro

Great chops!!

#15 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-05-12 06:01 PM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY JPW

Lighten up, Francis.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-05-13 10:57 AM | Reply

My oldest son loves this sort of stuff.

#17 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-05-13 10:58 AM | Reply

I don't think Danni gets satire

#18 | Posted by kwrx25 at 2019-05-13 11:48 AM | Reply

#12,

Your link is broken....

#19 | Posted by boaz at 2019-05-13 02:37 PM | Reply

Cool story. I have on many occasions been moved more by music than by honest-to-God tragedies and triumphs. Music is often beautiful, but it's more than that. Music is a connection to the soul. It gives us permission to accept the emotions we repress or simply don't have time for during daily living.

#20 | Posted by cbob at 2019-05-13 05:05 PM | Reply