Saturday, April 20, 2019

Before the 2016 election, Trump flaunted contempt for the rule of law and longstanding small republican values, public displays of stupidity, extreme character flaws, and irrefutable psychological instability. The orange sloth is hideous, a laughing-stock. No presidency should be headed by such a person. Yet, between 32-42% love Trump. In a sane society, he would lose to a potted plant. But, there is no need to turn to the heavens to explain the Trump phenomena. Bill's, " it's the economy stupid" is still pertinent today and the trend is up. Some credit Trump. Fox News and other propaganda machines are more persuasive than most imagined. Stacking the courts with Neanderthal judges and the tax cut explains McConnell and those followers. Hillary lost because "pragmatic progressive" is born to lose. There is a need to win back white working class voters. This does not imply "centrism" or any "mainstream" nostrums being bandied about. Most are victims of a well-executed con.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Wherever Hillary left her mark, in Honduras, Libya, Syria and elsewhere, she was culpable even though her boss was ultimately responsible. Had John Kerry been calling the shots instead of Hillary during Obama's first term, there might not now be the refugee crises, in Europe and the U.S.-Mexico border, that are causing so much strife in the world today. Many understand we don't need the Cold War anti-Russian revival, war on whistle blowers and journalists either. But, reasons to oppose the mainstream Democratic Party from the left don't explain the Trump base. Trump's continuing hold over the American government and for the present and future consequences of the Trump presidency. Trump gave the economy a sugar high. Trump or no Trump, capitalist economies go through cycles of boom and bust. On this, all major economists agree, from Marx to Friedman. "Deconstruction" of the regulatory state will not yield a pretty outcome. A deathblow is coming, sooner or later.

Comments

Yet, between 32-42% love Trump.

Posted by bayviking at 12:22 AM | 0 COMM

These people don't love Trump so much as hate, well, me.

Hey, NULLI. You get a boxcar ahead of mine to the camps when your revolution comes. You're an educated man, an elite, and your neighbors already know this. Then there are the other things, you know what they are.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-20 08:29 AM | Reply

I'm curious.

When will the Democratic Party begin working on building support and offer realistic ideas that address the future?

All I've heard out of them the last few years is cockamamy fantasies and idealistic dreams.

Well...that and rage and hatred and OCTD.

At some point they will need to stop dwelling on the past and blaming other people for their setbacks.

I can easily vote Democrat again if the Democratic Party can somehow get at it's grassroots and find a truly inclusive voice.

#2 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-04-20 10:05 AM | Reply

At some point they will need to stop dwelling on the past

#2 | Posted by BillJohnson

The Mueller Report was four weeks ago, BILL.

The Republican Party is not a high-minded or even especially sane institution right now.

Tell you what. Let's whip you people into line, give you a lesson or two in manners, and retire that horrible man you worship. Then we can talk. But you'll have to be polite, this time.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-20 01:59 PM | Reply

Zed,

You might be getting rid of Trump (as you say), in 2020, but I bet you with the economy doing as well as it is the next president will be republican and the next 8 years after that.

#4 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-04-20 05:51 PM | Reply

Zed,

The Mueller Report is a big nothingburger.

Democrats will wail and moan and waste the next 2 years instead of figuring out who they are other than the "free stuff" party and the "men can have babies" party.

#5 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-04-20 06:01 PM | Reply

Zed,

Furthermore,

Democrats need to get over thinking they are the "moral" party because they're not.

Republicans aren't either.

Morality and politics divorced years ago.

#6 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-04-20 06:36 PM | Reply

You must not have any morality, then, to support the GOP.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-04-20 06:44 PM | Reply

Snoofy,

There is nothing moral about keeping people addicted to welfare and filling their minds with self defeating pity.

It is a way to keep them in your control.

This dysfunctional government policy that's been running for decades is up people's behinds so far now there's no way to really help anyone except more of the same.

People today are so mind-warped what is right and wrong, what is good and bad, what is beneficial and what is detrimental to society.

No...I don't claim to be some moral high-minded person like you.

#8 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-04-20 07:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"No...I don't claim to be some moral high-minded person like you.
#8 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON"

You don't claim to have morals?

I believe you.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-04-20 07:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

In a funny sort of way I just did.

#10 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-04-20 07:24 PM | Reply

Snoofy,

Morality is a guiding principle in my life.

I actually agree with many of the views held by left leaning people.

And I agree with views held by right leaning people.

That's as far as I'll take this.

There is good on both sides.

#11 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-04-20 07:37 PM | Reply

The Mueller Report is a big nothingburger.

#5 | Posted by BillJohnson

If this is what you sincerely believe, BILL, then there's some thing wrong with you.

If you're lying about what you believe, then there's REALLY something wrong with you.

#12 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-21 09:51 AM | Reply

Morality and politics divorced years ago.

#6 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-

You've said this before.

You get no points for being a "realist".

Lack of morality in politics may be part of your revolution.

It's not part of mine.

#13 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-21 09:53 AM | Reply

Morality is a guiding principle in my life.

#11 | Posted by BillJohnson at

In selected ways.

Now I suppose you'll argue it's a principle guiding your entire life after arguing it's just for parts of it.

#14 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-21 09:56 AM | Reply

Zed,

You've never seen me judge anyone on here personally for how they conduct their lives.

God will judge them.

And God will judge me.

I don't have any desire to argue anything with you or anyone.

I've struggled with many conflicting feelings and beliefs all my life and I've come to the conclusion there is no solution for some of them and grace through Jesus Christ is all I've got to defend me when I die.

In this life human's are a hateful bunch looking to pick fights and get other people to justify their beliefs.

At my age I'm just over that.

#15 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2019-04-21 11:40 AM | Reply

We all wish you were over that.

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-04-21 01:29 PM | Reply

The Mueller Report is a big nothingburger.
#5 | POSTED BY BILLJOHNSON

LOL another zero standards Chreestian.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2019-04-21 04:22 PM | Reply