Friday, April 19, 2019

Notre Dame Cathedral's bees, kept in hives on the historic church's roof, survived the fire earlier this week, the beekeeper says.

Comments

There IS a God!

#1 | Posted by Karabekian at 2019-04-19 12:12 PM | Reply

That's the bees knees.

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2019-04-19 12:43 PM | Reply

Oak-smoked honey sounds delicious. on chicken.

#3 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2019-04-19 02:21 PM | Reply

Smoked meads can be really good.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-04-19 03:32 PM | Reply

Smoked meads can be really good.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg

I admit I knew nothing about mead until recently, when, because of genealogy research I was doing on an ancestor who was knighted by Richard I for bravery during the Third Crusade in the 12th Century, I came across a mention of mead in family archives. Although I'd seen the word in many books over the years, I'd stupidly assumed it was some kind of weak beer. I was surprised to discover it was made from fermented honey.

#5 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-04-19 05:26 PM | Reply

I was surprised to discover it was made from fermented honey.

For those days when even God can't stop you from having a drink!

www.youtube.com

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2019-04-20 12:06 AM | Reply

There IS a God!

Allah loves bees (fact), hates Christians (a pretty good guess) and specially loathes the French (doesn't everyone?).

Irritating people.

#7 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-04-20 04:36 AM | Reply

I admit I knew nothing about mead until recently

#5 | POSTED BY AMERICANUNITY AT 2019-04-19 05:26 PM | FLAG:

If this wasn't a fairly anonymous forum, I'd send you a bottle. My brew club does an annual "meading" where we buy a couple hundred pounds of honey. Everybody gets the same base honey. 6 months later at a club gathering, the mead comes back out for samples so you get to see the differences each person's style choice and techniques impart.

So many styles to choose from. I need to get off my butt and get that judging cert.

#8 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-04-20 09:41 AM | Reply

SITZ

It's the thought that counts. Thanks!

#9 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-04-20 02:12 PM | Reply

They were probably all straight bees... so gawd saved them.

#10 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-04-21 06:57 AM | Reply