Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday flatly rejected charges of anti-Semitism against freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar amid a mounting onslaught of verbal attacks by President Donald Trump.

Comments

MFA:

Instead, Pelosi has sharply criticized Trump for fueling the controversy with an edited video of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Those images have caused an increase in death threats against Omar, according to the congresswoman's office.

#1 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 04:51 PM | Reply

Trump is a terrorist.

#2 | Posted by ichiro at 2019-04-16 05:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

If the Democrats do not reject Omar as the Republicans rejected David Duke, They are doomed.

#3 | Posted by JordyPete at 2019-04-17 12:44 PM | Reply

I hope all of this only emboldens Omar.

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-04-17 12:50 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

She obviously speaks her mind and is a strong woman-type.

#5 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2019-04-17 01:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Yo, JP: rejection of The Grand Wiz Duke means something OTHER than adopting his ways of racial and religious politics, criminal activity and weird hair dye, all of which members of the GOP, lead by Der Dotard, have taken on...

#6 | Posted by catdog at 2019-04-17 01:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I find it odd she still chooses to wear her scarf...

#5 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE

She knows she'll get her ass kicked by her brother...I mean, her husband if she doesn't.

#7 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-04-17 01:05 PM | Reply

"I find it odd she still chooses to wear her scarf considering the modesty was imposed by men and is used to subjugate women today"

That would appear exactly why she is wearing it-- after all, you are only parroting the common western narrative of its meaning.

#8 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2019-04-17 01:07 PM | Reply

"I find it odd she still chooses to wear her scarf considering the modesty was imposed by men and is used to subjugate women today.
#5 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE"

It's called being socially conservative.

No surprise that the self-proclaimed conservatives of the DR would struggle to understand such a concept.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-04-17 01:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

She obviously speaks her mind and is a strong woman-type.

#5 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE AT 2019-04-17 01:01 PM | FLAG:

That's why I stopped wearing pants. Modesty is for Muslims and this is America.

#10 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-04-17 01:22 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

Bruce,
That's crazy!
I can't transition to no pants so quickly.
I started with wiener cleavage.

#11 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2019-04-17 01:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

She's wearing the symbol of subjugation to show she's a free thinking, independent woman that willfully chooses to accept the oppression.

#12 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-04-17 01:57 PM | Reply

like a ---- sub wearing their day collar.

#13 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-04-17 01:58 PM | Reply

She obviously speaks her mind and is a strong woman-type.
#5 | POSTED BY 101CHAIRBORNE

Bigotry is never rightous. She doesn't belong in Congress.

#14 | Posted by JordyPete at 2019-04-17 02:40 PM | Reply

"Bigotry is never rightous."

Claims the Trump voter.

#15 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-04-17 02:43 PM | Reply

How did what I post become a 4 letter word? It's just a lifestyle choice, and a harmless one at that.

#16 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-04-17 03:38 PM | Reply

She doesn't belong in Congress.

#14 | POSTED BY JORDYPETE

The voters in her district say otherwise, and that's what really matters.

#17 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-04-17 03:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Claims the Trump voter.
#15 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

Trump is no more a bigot than Obama. Omar's hatred is just out there for everyone to see. I compare her to David Duke and now, since he's relevant again, Roy Moore.

If you have a problem with Trump, then you have a problem with Obama, Booker, Buttigieg, Gillibrand, Pelosi... The list goes on.

All of these people a bigoted in one way or another. If you have a problem with Trump, then you have to have a problem with them also.

Bigotry, based on race, ethnicity, or religion, is never ok.

#18 | Posted by JordyPete at 2019-04-17 03:43 PM | Reply

"Trump is no more a bigot than Obama."

When lies are all you've got....

"Bigotry, based on race, ethnicity, or religion, is never ok"

They were for you, when you entered the voting booth.

#19 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-04-17 03:44 PM | Reply

The voters in her district say otherwise, and that's what really matters.
#17 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

I know that, but the voters of Jefferson Parish wanted David Duke in Congress and they were wrong too. They finally came to their senses. We all knew David Duke was a problem mostly because his segregationist ideas are not American. We learned that the hard way.

#20 | Posted by JordyPete at 2019-04-17 03:47 PM | Reply

They were for you, when you entered the voting booth.
#19 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

LOL. It's ok. You can believe whatever you want. I can't do anything about that. You can even lie here. I really don't care.

But, you can't call me a liar. You have absolutely no proof. I can call you a hypocrite for the reasons in my last post and there's nothing you can do about it.

#21 | Posted by JordyPete at 2019-04-17 03:50 PM | Reply

"But, you can't call me a liar. "

Of course I can.

You stated I condoned particular behavior by Democrats. You're a liar.

But feel free to prove me wrong, Special Eddie. Post my exact words. Until then, I'll call you out for the liar you are, again and again.

#22 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-04-17 03:57 PM | Reply

"Trump is no more a bigot than Obama."

LOL
How much is that?

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-04-17 03:58 PM | Reply

They finally came to their senses.

Perhaps the voters of her district will come to their senses too.

The problem the Democratic Party has with her is because they are so obsessed with identity politics, a black Muslim woman will simply be given a pass. And it's a problem for them. She's going to keep talking and she's been given quite the microphone. Pelosi wants to downgrade these freshmen as 'like 5 people', as if they are nobodies, but then poses with them for the cover of a magazine, indicating they are anything but nobodies.

#24 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-04-17 04:00 PM | Reply

You have absolutely no proof.
#21 | POSTED BY JORDYPETE

We have lots of proof that Trump is a racist and a bigot. Like that time he got sued for being a racist and a bigot.
www.npr.org

#25 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-04-17 05:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

101CHAIRBORNE, JORDYPETE,et al., have become trolls for TRUMP, and I will continue to read, but frequently flag their posts as either abusive or offensive. It's sad, really, as they have good grammar and spelling most of the time; and I love a well-turned quip.

The commonality is their never-ending conflation of Judaism and Zionism.

#26 | Posted by john47 at 2019-04-18 11:17 AM | Reply

It's almost laughable: Roy Moore, Republican, has nothing to do with the Republican Party?!? How desperate will the lies get?
#293 | POSTED BY DANFORTH

I didn't say that. You said that.

You stalk me and then say things I didn't say...

When you lose, you lose badly.

#27 | Posted by JordyPete at 2019-04-18 12:17 PM | Reply

www.npr.org
#25 | POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST

There's no proof here! A fake story is not proof. It says that Trump was involved. He wasn't. We all know this. It's a lie. Why don't you know this? Do you honestly think that NPR is telling you the truth? The question is are you gullible because you just want to hate people who are different from you or are you just gullible.

Trump a cultural bigot? Yes. A racist? No. Obama is a cultural bigot. To be a Democrat, you must be a bigot. To participate in intersectionaility (i.e. Mayor Pete is the front runner), you must be a bigot based on race a gender.

I've not seen a Republican who was not rejected by the Republican Party being a bigot based on race or gender or ethnicity.

But, I've seen many many Democrats who are and the other Democrats do nothing about it.

#28 | Posted by JordyPete at 2019-04-18 12:23 PM | Reply

I'm afraid to look it up...what is wiener cleavage

#29 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-04-19 06:52 AM | Reply