Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) formally launched his campaign for the presidency Sunday in his hometown of Dublin, Calif., according to CNN. In his remarks, Swalwell laid out specific agenda items, including a ban and buyback program for assault weapons and universal background checks for all gun purchases. He also became the latest candidate in the crowded Democratic field to vow not to accept donations from corporate political action committees.

Comments

Well heck I guess it's time to throw my hat in for the Dem nomination along with every freaking Dem out there, I promise not to make I fool of my self by blabbering unintelligible answers when asked tough questions, I will just play dead and ---- on myself.

that's my promise, Thank you

#1 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-04-16 08:40 AM | Reply

He won't win the nomination is such a crowded field, but I like Swalwell. He seems like a good guy.

Rep. Eric Swalwell @RepSwalwell

Rep. Eric Swalwell Retweeted Donald J. Trump
Branding advice for Boeing. Firefighting advice for France. How about this? Do your own damn job.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!

#2 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 08:45 AM | Reply

that's my promise, Thank you

Really, Punchy? That's your assessment of one of the most outspoken Dems on the HPSCI?

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 08:48 AM | Reply

3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 08:48 AM

Everything in my post was said tongue in cheek and was not a comment on anyone at all, it was just a joke and nothing more.

If you don't like my joke fine, but dont try to use it to hit me over the head over it implying I meant something I did not.

If you lose your humor you will lose your humanity

#4 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-04-16 09:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"The most you can say about it is my joke is it is a comment on how many Dems have entered the field not anything about Rep Swalwell."

You posted your "joke" in a thread about Swalwell, so it wasn't at all clear that it wasn't about him personally.

"If you lose your humor you will lose your humanity"

Now that I think about it, there is a lot of ageism in your "joke". It wouldn't be all that funny if someone joked about Bernie and Biden, the two oldest people to consider running for president, in this way, especially in light of what happened to Reagan while he was in office:

"I promise not to make I fool of my self by blabbering unintelligible answers when asked tough questions, I will just play dead and ---- on myself."

#5 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 09:15 AM | Reply

#5 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-

Uhm Gal, do you know what possums are famous for? I know your thinking there famous for their good looks, yes true, but there mostly famous for playing dead, often when they play dead they ---- on themselves to make themselves inedible to predators.

in other words that was a joke on the name punchyPOSSUM!

#6 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-04-16 09:47 AM | Reply

#6 Sorry, Punchy, I didn't know possum's pooped on themselves when they play dead. I'm not so sure, however, that tactic is preferable to making a fool of oneself "by blabbering unintelligible answers when asked tough questions." Alas, I guess I'm just not humane enough to get your joke. :-)

Back on topic. Good Swalwell campaign video:

Eric Swalwell @ericswalwell

The right to live is supreme over any other.

We started our campaign with the Parkland community because ending gun violence will be my number ONE priority as President. #EnoughIsEnough

Let's make gun deaths obsolete

twitter.com

#7 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 10:01 AM | Reply

You can be anti-Bibi without being anti-Israel. You can support a 2 state solution without being anti-Israel. But Bibi and Trump and Kush don't see it that way.

#8 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 10:05 AM | Reply

Sorry! Wrong thread.

#9 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 10:05 AM | Reply

"I didn't know possum's pooped on themselves when they play dead"

most of the time when they play dead they wont but if there really scared they will and it stinks like hell
It smells like rotted meat.

I have nothing against Eric Swalwell

#10 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-04-16 10:12 AM | Reply

If your point is that there are too many Democrats running, I agree with you. We are getting close to 20, right?

#11 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 10:17 AM | Reply

Eric's got the NRA riled up:

Shannon Watts @shannonrwatts

Shannon Watts Retweeted NRATV
.@dloesch accuses Rep Eric Swalwell of disrespecting and disliking police officers because he supports gun safety laws. Both of his brothers are law enforcement officers.

Stephanie Ruhle @SRuhle

And so was his dad.
If @NRA want to take a swing at @RepSwalwell, they should try another lane

#12 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 11:24 AM | Reply

Those d-mn Democrats and their

*consults tea leaves*

White males!

#13 | Posted by berserkone at 2019-04-16 11:11 PM | Reply

If you lose your humor you will lose your humanity
#4 | POSTED BY PUNCHYPOSSUM

Amen..

#14 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-04-16 11:35 PM | Reply

Looks like comrade Avigdore is voting Dem this time around then???

#15 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-04-17 05:46 AM | Reply