Monday, April 15, 2019

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., who was an organizer for Bernie Sanders's 2016 campaign, said she will back whoever the Democrats nominate for president in 2020 -- but she would clearly prefer someone other than former Vice President Joe Biden.

The prospect of a Biden run doesn't "animate" her, she said adding that she has "a lot of issues" with a potential Biden run. "I can understand why people would be excited by that, this idea that we can go back to the good old days with Obama, with Obama's vice president. There's an emotional element to that, but I don't want to go back. I want to go forward."

Comments

I appreciate her candor, but this highlights, to me the schism between the Progressive wing and the rest of the Democratic Party.

#1 | Posted by leftcoastlawyer at 2019-04-15 08:24 PM | Reply

How to Win Friends and Influence People

#2 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-04-15 09:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Yes Biden would be a step backwards and yes I also will support who ever the Dems nominate.

That does not mean I will never criticize the Dem nominee if I think they're doing or saying something wrong

#3 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-04-16 12:23 AM | Reply

She is exactly right. I'm proud of her for actually working for us, not the 1% and corporatios. She is a leader, like we have not seen of late. Wow! Progressives have our new FDR.....: "Green New Deal". It is real, the cost of the NGD is only exceeded by the cost of not doing the GND.
One thought is to insure we can remain alive as a species and the other is pretending that global climate change isn't happening while the Bering Straights welcome Spring in April.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2019-04-16 06:35 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Progressives have our new FDR....."

I know you love AOC, Danni, and there is much to like and admire about her, but this kind of hyperbole is not helpful. She may turn out to be the new FDR someday, but as a first term Congresswoman in the 4th month of that first term, she is not the new FDR.

#5 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-04-16 08:41 AM | Reply

Biden is and always has been a tool of the banking industry. Of all of the potential Democratic nominees he is at the bottom of the list for me. Of course though, if I had to choose between him and Trump I would vote for Biden. Anyone but Trump!

#6 | Posted by danni at 2019-04-16 08:45 AM | Reply

-Biden is and always has been a tool of the banking industry.

"If you can't drink their whiskey and screw their women and vote against them, you shouldn't be here"

-Corky Rayburn

#7 | Posted by eberly at 2019-04-16 09:04 AM | Reply

--.: "Green New Deal". It is real,

The New Green Scheme is really dead. Democrats won't even it vote for it. Pelosi dismissed it as the "Green dream, whatever" and won't bring it up for a vote.

#8 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-04-16 09:09 AM | Reply

You just haven't heard the New Green New Deal Green yet, Doubting Thomas.

#9 | Posted by Spork at 2019-04-16 02:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#3 | POSTED BY PUNCHYPOSSUM AT 2019-04-16 12:23 AM | FLAG:

You'll just ff anyone who does.

#10 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-04-16 02:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Of course though, if I had to choose between him and Trump I would vote for Biden. Anyone but Trump!"

In other words, you'd vote for a glass of water with a 'D' in it. The same can't be said for most voters, especially in swing states.

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-04-18 04:54 PM | Reply