Saturday, April 13, 2019

Gov. Phil Murphy on Friday signed legislation making New Jersey the seventh state to enact a law permitting terminally ill patients to end their lives.

Comments

Bravo GOV Murphy. We have had well over 25+ pets over the years when the time came they were humanely euthanized surround by us with love and passed peacefully. Sadly my Dad was not afforded that when he passed last April at home in Hospice care. He eventually died from thirst and hunger, 6 days after he slipped into coma. We were given Morphine to give him but not enough to allow him to O.D. When he took his last breath we were there, I'll never forget that.

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2019-04-12 05:08 PM | Reply

Good for them.

#2 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-04-12 09:42 PM | Reply

I support this 100%. Should be law in all 50 states.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2019-04-13 08:38 AM | Reply

For those who are actively dying of a terminal and painful death there is no reason to prolong their suffering.

IMHO Morphine should be enough but if I am mistaken we owe it to each other to show mercy.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2019-04-13 05:01 PM | Reply

I don't have a problem with this.

#5 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-04-14 12:58 PM | Reply

As the brother of someone who was spared a drawn out, struggling-for-every-breath death thanks to a compassionate physician, I'm all for anyone with terminal illness having the right to determine the time, place, and ease of their own death.

#6 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-04-14 03:09 PM | Reply

I'm fully in favor of this. I only wish they'd also find a way to also extend euthanasia to those with dementia, instead of just people with less than six months to live.

#7 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2019-04-14 06:08 PM | Reply

We have to be very careful not to allow Euthanasia outside of those who are terminally ill and for good reason.

en.wikipedia.org

It's not that it's right or wrong it's that society doesn't seem to be able to handle such Judgement.

#8 | Posted by Tor at 2019-04-14 06:51 PM | Reply