Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has come under fire after giving a speech to a crowd of Gungan supporters on the planet of Naboo. Critics claim Ocasio-Cortez clearly shifted her speaking style to try to emulate the Gungans' speech patterns, changing her speech to sound exactly like that of Jar Jar Binks. "Meesa Ocasio-Cortez. Meesa gonna seize the means of production big-big," she said as the Gungan crowd cheered. "Meesa your humble servant who's in charge." The congresswoman unveiled a plan to save Naboo, one which would coincidentally require giving her all the power and money. "Yousa planet gonna die big, icky icky goo goo if yousa don't change your habits." She pointed out that the ecosystem of the planet's core was already changing, and the giant monsters which live down there will likely die within 12 Coruscant solar cycles "Yousa all gonna do whatever I say now, okeeday?" she added.

Comments

What passes for comedy on the dimwit right.

The Onion has never been safer.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2019-04-09 05:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Not sure which is more pathetic

The article, or the "join the secret service" advert

#2 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-04-09 07:53 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-04-10 06:31 AM | Reply

"I think that Brooklyn will have woke up to their mistake by November 2020. AOC will be a footnote in January 2021.
#3 | POSTED BY DOCNJO AT 2019-04-10 06:31 AM"

Want to bet?

#4 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2019-04-10 06:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#4 | Posted by TrueBlue, You should check out the odds before laying down your money. Killing that Amazon deal left a bad taste in that district's mouth. Vegas odd makers say it is 3 to 1 this far out. I doubt she will survive the primary.

#5 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-04-10 07:50 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

What primary? They can just delete her seat during next year's redistricting. The process is controlled by the same people she pissed off.

#6 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-04-10 08:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

RE: #5 | POSTED BY DOCNJO AT 2019-04-10 07:50 AM

Thank you for your concern for me.

So, do you want to bet?

#7 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2019-04-10 10:27 AM | Reply

#5 | POSTED BY DOCNJO

I am with Blue, Democrats will keep her in office ... I can only hope...

#6 | POSTED BY SITZKRIEG

My understanding is all the redistricting happens after the 2020 election...
theintercept.com

#8 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-04-10 10:29 AM | Reply

#1 Nothing could be funnier than her fake southern accent

#9 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2019-04-10 11:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If anyone believes this is how she really talks to other audiences...

twitter.com

#10 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-04-10 11:14 AM | Reply

#8 | Posted by AndreaMackris That is what happens when a state looses population and NY leads the nation in that. Don't forget we have a census. She would prove herself an agile politician if she could overcome a redistricting, so far I have seen no evidence of that.
#7 | Posted by TrueBlue If you want to risk your money, you can place a bet in any betting parlors in Vegas or New Jersey. As for myself, I could care less who that district elects. Hell, Texas has Sheela Jackson Lee in their delegation. California has Mad Maxine. I guess we need comic relief in congress. Besides, I have already pressed my luck with much higher stakes. Now days I tend to avoid risk.

#11 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-04-10 11:17 AM | Reply

RE: #11 | POSTED BY DOCNJO AT 2019-04-10 11:17 AM

So, I take that as a "NO".

#12 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2019-04-10 01:14 PM | Reply

#13 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-04-11 06:11 AM | Reply

"#12 | Posted by TrueBlue because you would welsh on the bet, I have learned not to believe leftist when they say they are going to do something. Remember all those celebrities that said they would leave this country if Trump was elected?
#13 | POSTED BY DOCNJO AT 2019-04-11 06:11 AM"

LOL!!!

So, now you're reduced to personally attacking me? No need to do that just because you'd prefer not to bet. I've only offered to bet someone twice on the DR in the thirteen years I've been here: once with a rightwinger and this time with you. The rightwinger lost/welshed on the bet and you've turned out to be more talk than action, so don't play the "I'd luv to bet but I won't because you're a welsher" game. OK?

#14 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2019-04-11 07:43 AM | Reply