Monday, April 08, 2019

Delusions fascinate me in part because I have so many of my own. Most often delusions are harmless. Sometimes they are not. At the moment my fellow Democrats are suffering from two that are harmful. The first is that Americans long for a president who will ask us to pay more for the pleasure of increasing the role of the federal government in our lives. That this is a delusion can be seen in the promises made by six successful Democratic candidates in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan: three governors and three senators. Not one of them supported the Green New Deal, a tax on wealth or "Medicare for all."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Rather than investigating the president further, Congress needs to investigate how the Department of Justice got this one so wrong. If the president of the United States is vulnerable to prosecutorial abuse, then God help all the rest of us. Members of Congress cannot do this themselves. We do not trust them enough with such a vital mission.

Congress should create a nonpartisan commission to find out what went wrong and to tell us what needs to be done to make certain it never happens again.

Comments

"Donald Trump is a good man and competent president"- my favorite delusion.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-08 06:01 PM | Reply

"Rather than investigating the president further"

Too many questions; too many scandals.

Sorry. In your next lifetime. Maybe.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-08 06:02 PM | Reply

A former moderate democratic Senator calls the current democratic party delusional. I read delusional and thought of you Zed.

#3 | Posted by homerj at 2019-04-08 06:31 PM | Reply

I read delusional and thought of you Zed.

#3 | Posted by homerj at 2019-04-08 06:31 PM | Reply

Fair. When I think of lack of moral compass I think of you.

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-08 06:54 PM | Reply

When he was at the border last week Trump reportedly told agents to stop allowing migrants to come across the border. After the President left, supervisors had to tell the agents that if they followed the President's order they'd be breaking the law.

Posted by reinheitsgebot at 05:29 PM

Donald can't help himself, HOMER, just like you.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-08 06:56 PM | Reply

I can't help myself what Zed? Calling out your delusions? You're right, I can't.

#6 | Posted by homerj at 2019-04-08 06:59 PM | Reply

I can't help myself what Zed? Calling out your delusions?

#6 | Posted by homerj at 2019-

Already explained. What anyone who seriously supports Donald Trump does not have: Moral sense, moral compass; interest in good human character; unwillingness to be cheated and lied to.

Please, please argue otherwise.

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-08 07:03 PM | Reply

What's funny is that if you played golf with Trump, he'd cheat on you just as openly and egregiously as he would anyone else, and still expect you to vote for him. Which you would.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-08 07:05 PM | Reply

You guys are very much like vampires. Light destroys you. Sucks to have no ethical standards. Makes it difficult to carry off the righteous indignation thing like you still want to.

Now hide in your closet and eat those flies. It's the life you chose. Enjoy.

#9 | Posted by Zed at 2019-04-08 07:12 PM | Reply

Zed,

You seem obsessed.

This thread is not about Trump and the very first thing you do it try and make it about Trump.

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-04-09 10:46 AM | Reply