Monday, March 25, 2019

The United States clinched a strategic port deal with Oman on Sunday which US officials say will allow the US military better access the Gulf region and reduce the need to send ships through the Strait of Hormuz, a maritime choke point off Iran.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

U.S. Statement on the Signing of the Strategic Framework Agreement: On March 24, 2019, the United States and Oman expanded our longstanding bilateral partnership by concluding an agreement governing U.S. access to facilities and ports in Salalah and Duqm. His Excellency Marc J. Sievers, Ambassador of the United States to Oman, signed the agreement on behalf of the United States, while His Excellency Mohammed Al Rasbi, Secretary General of the Ministry of Defense, signed for Oman. The agreement reaffirms the commitment of both countries to promoting mutual security goals and highlights the enduring strength of the U.S.-Oman strategic relationship, reflecting U.S. support for Oman's sovereignty and territorial integrity.

Comments

Tehran has in the past threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz, a major oil shipping route at the mouth of the Gulf, in retaliation for any hostile US action, including attempts to halt Iranian oil exports through sanctions.

Still, the US official noted that the agreement would expand US military options in the region for any kind of crisis.

Duqm is ideal port for large ships. It is even big enough to turn around an aircraft carrier, a second official said.

"The port itself is very attractive and the geostrategic location is very attractive, again being outside the Strait of Hormuz," the official said, adding that negotiations began under the Obama administration.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-25 01:46 AM | Reply

negotiations began under the Obama administration

Ah... missed that part.

Watch DOTARD poop all over it now.

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-25 01:47 AM | Reply

Here is what I don't get: how do the Iranians not understand that war forever is exactly what the MIC wants and whatever justification is okay? Or is that what they also also want?

If I was Iran, I would go passive-aggressive.

#3 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-03-25 02:45 AM | Reply

Iran and Iranians have pea-brains.

I agree, Iran should not be aggressive specially when that culture has never won a war since BC times. Nobody told them to yell "We will take Isreal off the map" but they did it anyway. By doing that they painted a target on their bum.

America is fine with Americans dying in useless wars... but if Isrealis die? That's a different story!

Which is why Pakistan's Shaheen-3 (White Eagle 3) missile just covers all of Isreal. And they didn't say anything. Didn't have to. LOL

That stopped American gum-flapping against Pakistan immediately. Iran should have learnt from that.

I don't know how the mind of an Iranian works. But I will tell you, back in Pakistan when I was studying until I went cockeyed, these guys always partied, partied and partied some more. Every Iranian I have ever met has been USELESS.

They call themselves "Muslims" but nobody can touch them when it comes to getting drunk and whoring around.

Their version of Islam (if you can even call it that) is known as "the Circus Act of Islam". There are Shia majority countries like Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Iraq.... Northern Pakistan, Yemen, etc... but NONE of them have the crazy belief system the Iranians have.

Ever see them self-mutilate with sharp knives? They do it every year. LOL

I think they are all sick in the head.

#4 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-25 03:26 AM | Reply

And Iranians live in a bubble of fake news.

How they see and interact with the world is all controlled by the mullas.

Right now, they are lashing out at imaginary enemies. Even lashed out at Pakistan even though without Pakistan these people will die hungry.

Their army is made up of untrained thugs with guns, all of whose might and anger is directed at any woman who isn't wearing a hijab and jacket (in THAT heat!).

And the army is corrupt. Because Iran is under trade sanctions, their army people run a smuggling racket and a cut goes to the Mullas.

When a smuggling deal goes bad (as smuggling deals often do), the smugglers often kill (or kidnap) the Iranian army thugs.. which makes Iran yell "terrorism!"

The biggest exporter of terrorism... Iran... claims it is the victim of terrorism. LOL

If you could get a gold medal for making enemies out of friends, Iran would have won several dozen gold medals by now. LOL

#5 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-25 03:42 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

their army people run a smuggling racket and a cut goes to the Mullas.

#6 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-25 03:44 AM | Reply

Yeah, they got nothing for on Texas, that is for sure. Our boy-scouts could wipe them out.

#7 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2019-03-25 04:12 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

TREMAIN @ 6

"I can buy two new tires for my jeep for what it costs an Iranian to buy a dozen eggs."

LOL ~ they can raise chickens. Can you raise tires?

#8 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-03-25 06:37 AM | Reply

LOL ~ they can raise chickens.

So why don't they? MADAM?

#9 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-25 07:17 AM | Reply

Like I said, "every Iranian I ever met was USELESS".

#10 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-25 07:19 AM | Reply

Anyway... this thread is about America and the move it played on the strategic chessboard. Not Iran and this person's obsession about eggs.

#11 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-25 07:20 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 | POSTED BY J_TREMAIN

You can get tires for about $3?

That's the cost of eggs in Iran. Take the -------- someplace.

#12 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-03-25 05:32 PM | Reply

That's the cost of eggs in Iran.

When they had riots over the price of eggs a year ago, it was $7 for a dozen eggs.. and climbing fast. Now, I hear they are unaffordable.

They are FOR SURE not $3 a dozen.

#13 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-25 05:42 PM | Reply

At some places, eggs in Iran are sold for like over a $100 per dozen. I couldn't believe it, but more than one Iranian said so.

As for the price of jeep tires, tires in Pakistan are a lot cheaper. Not as good as American tires but good enough. Around half the price. I was quite happy using those while I was there recently.

#14 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-25 05:49 PM | Reply

There hasn't been a decent end to any major US invasion since WWII. I guess we can take a lot of satisfaction in the fact that we kill a lot more of them than they kill of us, even as we lose.

#15 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-03-25 09:59 PM | Reply

#15 | Posted by bayviking We don't have to invade. All we have to control is 40 KM of a strait. That is doable. The Iranians could mine it, and loose support from the Chinese who depend on the oil coming out from the Persian Gulf. Iran doesn't have many friends, loony tunes generally do not. Hell, even Putin has made moves on Iran, and he tends to invade countries, including a big Muslim one. I guess politics do make for strange bed fellows, in this case I know who is going to be doing the pitching.

#16 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-03-25 11:02 PM | Reply

the united states is the terrorist. for 234 years. everyone else is playing catch up. evil rules this land. always has, always will.

#17 | Posted by gitmboy at 2019-03-25 11:47 PM | Reply

^^^ the Monroe doctrine is Exibit A.

#18 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-03-26 01:43 AM | Reply

#17 | Posted by gitmboy, Typical myopic leftist stupidity with no clue of history or reality. Nothing is keeping you here, leave ASAP if you think your statement is true. Otherwise you are as guilty as the rest of us.
#18 | Posted by fresno500, Yea and the Monroe Doctrine prevented two world wars from being fought in the western hemisphere. Even in the 19th century it generally protected most of the small countries that would otherwise been absorbed into some European empire. Proof, France took over Mexico with typical bloody results while we were distracted with a civil war in 1863.

#19 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-03-26 03:41 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

leave ASAP if you think

You are NOBODY to tell someone to leave, Drop-out.

#20 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-26 05:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#20 | Posted by J_Tremain So My observation about how anti-American the left has become with ignorant stupidity expressed by getmboy is typical of a drop-out? Tell me first where this bag of puss could go with a less objectionable history? The crap you and he learned from the Marxist on the government doe is a lie.

#21 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-03-26 08:21 AM | Reply

So? Pakistan couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag.

#22 | Posted by boaz at 2019-03-26 09:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#22 | Posted by boaz It does not require much military ability to launch a nuclear weapon, hell the PDRK will sell the hardware to do it and they have their own bombs. As far as their Army goes, I have dwelt with them. They are no joke. Very disciplined, generally well trained and definitely possess a martial spirit. They are the best of the Islamic world, on par with the Turks.

#23 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-03-26 09:12 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Pakistan couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag.

LOL... I guess you were too busy looking for a job ... and hustling cards... to notice what happened to India on Feb.27.....

#24 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-26 09:28 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

So? Pakistan couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag.

BTW brother, WHO is surrendering to the Taliban right now in Afghanistan (after 18 years of nothing)? Agreeing to make them part of the govt?

It's ain't Pakistan! LOL

#25 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-26 09:30 AM | Reply

"Pakistan couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag"

Which wet paper bag are we talking about? Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan?

#26 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2019-03-26 09:31 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Of course not. I called you that because of your spellings and inability to create paragraphs.

Thank you for that.

But that doesn't really matter because they have nukes and they can send those nukes anywhere by pressing a button.

#27 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-26 09:34 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

TREMAIN

"can send those nukes anywhere by pressing a button."

And then what?

Pakistan is as poor as a church mouse. In fact, last October Pakistan requested a bailout from the International Monetary Fund which was expected to arrive last January. But it's on hold because Finch downgraded Pakistan's debt rating to B- (junk territory) and Moody is expected to follow suit.

If the bailout falls through, Pakistan can say goodby to any budget assistance from the World Bank or the Asian Development Bank due to Pakistan's weak repayment capacity and low reserves. (1-1/2 months) And Pakistan also has a Eurobond repayment ($1 Billion) due April 2019.

Pakistan is in no financial position to be pushing buttons on nukes directed at anybody. Especially without permission from Pakistan's nanny, China.

#28 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-03-26 10:24 AM | Reply

Are you really a madam? I am asking because we both know he is going to come here and call you a madam anyway.

#29 | Posted by Sekakai at 2019-03-26 10:33 AM | Reply

#28 | Posted by Twinpac, Fear those who have nothing to loose.

#30 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-03-26 10:39 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

And then what?

And then what??? We get a glow-in-the-dark Nudist, that's what.

Are you really a madam?

What do you think?

She won't answer you, BTW. But notice what I say is NEVER refuted.

Pakistan is as poor as a church mouse.

Pakistan has INVESTED all it's money in huge projects. Until those projects start paying back in a few years, it is short of popcorn money. It is not exactly "poor". LOL

And if someone breaks into my home... MADAM... I will not check how much I got in my bank before I pull the trigger and blow off his head. How much money I got will be the last thing on my mind.

That is how nukes work... MADAM.

#31 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-26 11:49 AM | Reply

without permission from Pakistan's nanny, China.

LOL... Let me give you some advice.

Give up trying to act like you understand geopolitics, MADAM.

When Pakistan almost nuked India on Feb. 28-29.... it wasn't China that stopped them.

It was a phone call from Putin... to India. He made India back down. And then Russia got Pakistan to back down.

tribune.com.pk

India had selected 6 targets in Pakistan. Pakistan had selected 18 targets in India because they said "for every one target you hit, we will hit three". Russia confirmed to India, that it was true.

#32 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-26 12:04 PM | Reply

#32 | Posted by J_Tremain He wasn't bluffing, Russia could launch about 250 warheads and still have parody with the United States. Their warheads are city killers, 20MT and above. Basically to negate the lack of precision in their guidance systems. Another little fact for y'all, India is the second largest Muslim population in the world. About 300 million. That is a source of tension in that country. Terror attacks from that minority are frequent and seldom make the news in the west.

#33 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-03-26 02:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

SEKAKAI

You're Tremain's alt-bot account. It's hilarious to watch someone so pitiful that he has to give himself newsworthy flags.

#34 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-03-26 06:04 PM | Reply

TWINPAC

You are a madam who didn't get paid for her services. It's hilarious to watch someone so pitiful keep complaining.

#35 | Posted by Sekakai at 2019-03-26 11:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

You're Tremain's alt-bot account.

Sez the person who INVENTED sock-puppets which she uses to fake-plonk people making it seem like someone has a high plonk count.

Paranoid much?

Hey maybe I'm ten other people too? Anyone who talks to me or takes my side is... ME! LOL

USELESS person.

#36 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-26 11:50 PM | Reply

Ah, poor TREMAIN, always the victim.

You really, really don't understand how things work around here. You have no allies, dummy. Not real ones anyway. People plonk you because they don't like you. And they don't like you because you're an anti-America pariah, dummy, and not a very clever one at that. Nobody needs my help to understanding that . . . dummy.

#37 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-03-27 04:01 AM | Reply

Yep. I was correct. MADAM gets bum-burns when you figure her out. LOL

screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com

It was just a throw-away statement, MADAM, your habit of fake-plonking people using puppet accounts ... and you made speech out of it!

#38 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-27 05:58 AM | Reply

You have no allies

All I need is Allah.. and a bag of chips.

you're an anti-America

Anti-American, but Pro-Texan.

GAWD BLESS TEXAS, Beeyaach!

YEEEHAAAWWWWWW

#39 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-27 06:02 AM | Reply

TREMAIN

Still stinging over ol' Toss, I see. I don't have fake accounts but I did encourage others to use their own best judgment. They responded. What can I say except public service is always good for the soul. It was one of the Retort's finer moments.

#40 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-03-27 06:35 AM | Reply

TREMAIN

Pay the madam after you've used her fer crying out loud! They keep showing up when you don't pay.

#41 | Posted by Sekakai at 2019-03-27 07:26 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Why would anyone want to use alts on a comment board that is strictly opinion-based?

#42 | Posted by humtake at 2019-03-27 11:58 AM | Reply

Who the hell knows?

I just know some people (see above) with mental/personality issues do exactly that.

#43 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-27 12:32 PM | Reply