Saturday, March 16, 2019

Cops investigating the gangland-style murder of Gambino crime boss Frank (Franky Boy) Cali in Staten Island are hoping some digital breadcrumbs can lead them to the gunman.

Comments

Luca Brasi lives!

#1 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-03-16 01:28 PM | Reply

About four miles from where I grew up. Once I saw on the news that there was a murder in the Todt Hill section of Staten Island, I figured it had to be mob-related. Things haven't changed in 50 years....

I used to like riding my bicycle around those hills. There's a cool lighthouse there as well.

Touring the historic homes of Staten Island's Lighthouse Hill
ny.curbed.com

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-03-16 01:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Is he wearing a velvet sports coat over a denim T-shirt?
The fashion police could be possible suspects for this extrajudicial killing.

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-03-16 01:43 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Shirt, not tshirt. Could just be my phone making that jacket look velvety lol.

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-03-16 01:44 PM | Reply

I have family in the tri-state area and in the 60s my aunt married a made man in the Genovese family who "worked" as a "longshoreman" on Long Island. When I was in college in the 80's my uncle had a "heart attack" at work and my parents went to his funeral in CT (I didn't go because we weren't close). When I asked my dad how the funeral was, he said had never been at an Italian funeral with a closed casket. When I asked him why it was closed, he said "I never realized that your heart could explode out of your face."

Some things never change.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-03-16 02:00 PM | Reply

my friend is from SI. Woody Guthrie "dated" his mom. His father was a movie extra.
a dear friend, who due to knowing him for years, i understand EXACTLY how Trump's mind works.
in this video, the context (preceding moments) are: they (audience/friends and he) after jamming quite a while, request that i play a particular number and so he can play along better because he knows it: Melissa. i start playing it... i repeat the opening chords over and over until i get *sick waiting for him to join in... before i start singing.

hear me say, walking off: C'mon man!!! ...then another friend in the audience repeats it: "C'mon man!" more or less (laughingly) backing me up. then, watch when he raises his finger in the air, ... and then immediately turns the tables. ;))

i hope you enjoy this. ...btw, i've lost nearly 50lbs.
youtu.be

#6 | Posted by ichiro at 2019-03-16 02:26 PM | Reply

One time about '65 some loafer floater asked about the pronunciation of Italiano.
He asked "is it EYE-taliantoe or eye-tali-ON-toe.?"
After I tuned um up with a round point shovel, I said, "Never ask that again! Ah Fun Gold!"

#7 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-03-16 02:34 PM | Reply

ok, "Ah Fun Gold"? i can't figure it out! lol

#8 | Posted by ichiro at 2019-03-16 03:34 PM | Reply

Now the Bambino Gambino will have to take ovah.

#9 | Posted by LesWit at 2019-03-16 06:44 PM | Reply

Some things never change.

#5 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER AT 2019-03-16 02:00 PM | FLAG:

Need a YIKES flag...

#10 | Posted by cbob at 2019-03-16 10:28 PM | Reply

Interesting how flippant RoC is about a white gang shooting.

#11 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-03-17 08:29 AM | Reply

Maybe, but I was actually commenting more on the grim reality he was witness to.

#12 | Posted by cbob at 2019-03-17 10:26 AM | Reply

The Teflon Don had Paul Castellano whacked.

The Dotarded Don has migrant children whacked.

#13 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2019-03-17 01:13 PM | Reply

A mob boss suspects his wife is having an affair, so he calls his top hitman.

They lay on a small hill in back of the house, which is all glass.

A half an hour later a light comes one. The hitman looks through his scope and says, "boss, I hate ta tell ya, but your wife come in da house with another man."

As lights turn one across the house, the hitman gives a running account: "Boss, your wife took off his pants ... boss, he's takin' off her blouse ... boss, she took off her bra" etc etc.

The mob boss says, very angrily, "shoot off her head. And while you're at it shoot off this man's ------ so he can never do this to another man's wife."

10 seconds later, the hitman fires his weapon ... once.

"Boss, I got 'em bote wid one shot!"

#14 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-03-17 02:16 PM | Reply

#12 | POSTED BY CBOB AT 2019-03-17 10:26 AM | REPLY | FLAG:PPPFFTTT

White on white crime is grim?

huh... learn something new every day.

#15 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-03-17 06:25 PM | Reply