Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Athletes, surgeons, tech entrepreneurs, ministers, yoga teachers and high-flying executives: the following women have all been trailblazers in their fields. Yet they have all heard shocking comments they are certain they would not have faced had they been men.

Comments

"Could you please stay a bit longer? Our ratings are going up!"

LOL

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-03-12 02:20 AM | Reply

Thank you for your service! - Donald Trump at Asian Spa

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2019-03-12 02:58 AM | Reply | Funny: 5

"Dumb Things Men Say to Successful Women"

Especially those women who are successfully married:

"What's a beautiful woman like you as you doing in a place like this?

"Well, this is a hospital"

"Yeah..."

"Uh, I'm in labor for my first child."

"Are you fully dilated?"

"Uggh. Almost"

"So meeting me for a cocktail later this evening is probably out of the question, huh?"

#3 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2019-03-12 12:21 PM | Reply

Headline you'll never see:

Men's Day: Dumb Things Women Say to Successful Men

Because we all know that women never say dumb things to men.

#4 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-03-12 12:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"Because we all know that women never say dumb things to men."

I once dated a blonde just so I could park in the handicapped zones at the local supermarket.

#5 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2019-03-12 12:44 PM | Reply

Don't worry nulli no woman will ever think you are successful

#6 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-03-12 12:56 PM | Reply | Funny: 7 | Newsworthy 4

Headline you'll never see:
Men's Day: Dumb Things Women Say to Successful Men
Because we all know that women never say dumb things to men.

#4 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN AT 2019-03-12 12:39 PM | REPLY

Poor oppressed white male has the sadz.

#7 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2019-03-12 02:04 PM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 1

I've got binders full of women.

#8 | Posted by moder8 at 2019-03-12 02:59 PM | Reply

Nice article but as I got to the bottom it dawned on me that all the pictured woman were fairly attractive. It seemed almost like all the shots were "glamor" shots. It made me wonder if this was an article about men would they have needed photographs of the men?

Of course, we are talking about a web article, and modern attention spans do necessitate pictures. So there's that.

#9 | Posted by prius04 at 2019-03-12 03:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Because we all know that women never say dumb things to men.
#4 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Unless they are coming on to um with a plot to sue and do a book deal.

#10 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-03-12 04:39 PM | Reply

#10 English as a second language.

#11 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-03-12 05:39 PM | Reply

"Men's Day: Dumb Things Women Say to Successful Men
Because we all know that women never say dumb things to men.
#4 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN"

It's so hard being a white guy.

#12 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2019-03-12 06:30 PM | Reply

"Yes, even on a successful woman like you, that dress does make you look fat."

#13 | Posted by Petrous at 2019-03-12 06:50 PM | Reply

Honey, you don't look old...
Just worn out.

Yea baby, you can do it all, and yea you can have it all... Just grab me a beer as you go by the fridge.

So honey how's your day at the office?... uh huh yea yep so uh yes I'm listening yea uh huh oh I'm still listening.. I can watch the scores on TV while I'm listening to you...

You don't mind if I invite our new neighbor Carol for dinner? She's a hoot and kinda fun to be around with and she doesn't mind watching the kids.

#14 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-03-12 08:30 PM | Reply

#14 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-03-12 08:30 PM

They say that you're better at sex than anyone, Pegasus.

Now all you need is a partner.

#15 | Posted by Hans at 2019-03-12 08:35 PM | Reply

This isn't anything this guy said directly to these women, he said it about them though.

Not all that long ago I trained a coupla NPF players for a few months out of the year. They played in Japan and in some other places when their season was over in the US.

There was this fat bastard who had a son who he brought to me twice a week, he wanted him to be a thrower.

One day I had a few of the ladies coming in and Tubby's son was wrapping up. I told the boy he should hang around and watch their session to see how quick, athletic, powerful, and fluid their movements were. Ole Tubby got curious.

He told me he had never heard of the NPF before, I let him know that know there is a team right here in Ohio. He said something about how they can't make any money. I told him they certainly do make money and that most of them either coach at a college or play in other countries when the season is over.

Then this morbidly obese pile of **** says:

"That sounds like a job that maybe a young mom could have while her kids are still little. Something for her to do to make a little bit of money for her family in the summer time while the kids are out of school and she doesn't have so much to do.."

#16 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-03-12 08:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They are so extremely primitive.

Maybe they will evolve into men eventually. But right now ... extremely primitive.

-- Tucker (I don't need no stinkin women) Carlson

#17 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-03-13 10:53 AM | Reply

Any human in the corporate world for longer than a year has heard a lot of quotes that are ridiculous and/or absurd, regardless of race/gender/sexuality, etc. Yes, there are those who are just stupid and will say things they shouldn't. But I've seen girls telling guys many bad things over the years, as well, especially about looks or income. And most times in the professional world, it's just an association thing. For instance, many ignorant women get mad when they are called a ---- because they associate it with sexism because no one would talk to a man like that. Yet it happens all the time. Except for men they are called ------ and I have been called that as a boss and I have called other bosses that. Multiple times. I've heard guys call many other guys in a professional setting that word. It has nothing to do with gender, it's just that many words are associated with one or the other...and that's not sexist at all. Unless women really want to argue about the merits of using those words in gender discussions instead of just trying to get people not to use those derogatory words at all.

#18 | Posted by humtake at 2019-03-13 11:46 AM | Reply

"Thus, this made me wonder if the article itself was complicit in the point the article was trying to make."

For me, success is hot in it's own right. Maybe more than anything else.

Years ago, I remember there was a piece on NPR regarding what each sex viewed as being attractive. Males tended to favor traditionally beautiful women, despite the clothes they wore or their surroundings, while Females preferred men who looked the part of being successful.

#19 | Posted by madbomber at 2019-03-13 05:23 PM | Reply