Monday, March 11, 2019

President Trump on Monday claimed he intentionally referred to Apple CEO Tim Cook as "Tim Apple," seeking to push back on media coverage of his remark, which was mocked online.

Comments

This is how fragile this man's pride is.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2019-03-11 08:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

The fact that Dotard intentionally lied, did not surprise them at all. They want to drill down on 'why' he told the lie?

Because he is frackin mentally disturbed, you goofasses.

You know it, I know it, hells bells, even JeffJ and the deniers know it.

Any observer of this chit stain on the American political landscape who doesnt know it, has to be ill themselves.

#2 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-03-11 10:19 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Fat shaming, ageist and ableist headline. But it's cool, because the bot has the right kind of partisan views.

How's the weather over there in Donbass?

#3 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-03-11 10:58 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

This little flub would normally seem charming but only Don the Con could try to turn this into "the media is fake news".

Trump's ridiculous excuse in a tweet this morning:

"I quickly referred to Tim + Apple as Tim/Apple as an easy way to save time & words."

Yeesh.

#4 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2019-03-11 02:43 PM | Reply

...Fat shaming, ageist and ableist headline.

What are you, some politically correct snowflake who dishes it out but gets his undies in a bundle when the time comes to get back some of your own medicine?

Trump says PC is destroying America. Why do you want to destroy America with your insincere PC babble?

#5 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-03-11 03:31 PM | Reply

Only a festering turd, who babbled for over two hours at CPAC could claim he is saving time.

#6 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-03-11 04:30 PM | Reply

If he had even one testicular cell he'd just say "I meant Cook, ---- off"; but he doesn't.

#7 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-03-11 04:34 PM | Reply

I suppose "covfefe" and "hamberder" were done for efficiency, too.

#8 | Posted by anton at 2019-03-11 04:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

It's funny that Trump felt like he needed to take the "time" to explain it. Doesn't it seem more humble to simple say 'oops, sorry'?

#9 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2019-03-11 04:49 PM | Reply

Cook is faster to say than Apple.

He had the guys double sided name plate just to the right of him all his lazy as had to do is glacnce over and read it.

This jackhole is making Dubya (who's dumber than a bag of hammers) look semi-intelligent.

#10 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-03-11 04:53 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

#5, stop being a ---.

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-03-11 04:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-03-11 04:55 PM | Reply | Flag: Snowflake

#12 | Posted by Angrydad at 2019-03-11 05:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

He probably thinks General Mary Motors is a commissioned officer.

#13 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-03-11 05:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Trump can't resist blatantly lying about even the most minor issues -- even when there's video! And he has the audacity to do so literally in the same tweet in which he repeats his obnoxious "fake news" refrain. Anyone who defends this clown deserves a lifetime of mockery.

#14 | Posted by cbob at 2019-03-11 05:26 PM | Reply

Here are more examples of Dotard Saving Time, courtesy of Trevor Noah: twitter.com

#15 | Posted by cbob at 2019-03-11 06:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"..how the weather in Donbass?" I'd guess a real American would probably have written somewhere they'd heard of, ohhh, like Moscow.

#16 | Posted by HeeHaw at 2019-03-11 06:53 PM | Reply

Not bad for a man with no sense of humor...possibly the funniest thing Trump ever said. And after all he needs more "executive time".

#17 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-03-11 06:58 PM | Reply

How's the weather over there in Donbass?
#3 | Posted by sentinel

You first, how is the weather in dumbass?

#18 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-03-11 07:14 PM | Reply

I call Humpy, "Humpy" as a way to save time, too.

Because I would have to say, "Humpy Dumpy at on a Wall and Humpy Dumpy had a Great Fall" way too much Folks!

So I just say "Humpy" for short!

Saves so much time folks!

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-03-11 07:38 PM | Reply

If Pres Trump had meant to say, "Tim Apple" in order to save time, then why did he initially deny that he did so? It seems to be more like him to boast about his creative intelligence to use such a verbal shortcut.

Which lie are we to believe? Or neither of them?

#20 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-03-11 07:52 PM | Reply

Didn't he initially claim he said "Tim Cook Apple".

Now he's saying Tim Apple is his nickname for Tim Cook?

Where are RoC and Jeff to clean this up for Donnie?

#21 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-03-11 08:10 PM | Reply

I can't believe people even care about this.

#22 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-03-11 08:23 PM | Reply

I can't believe people even care about this.

#22 | POSTED BY JEFFJ AT 2019-03-11 08:23 PM | FLAG:

In the scheme of things, it's insignificant. But a president's every utterance is scrutinized, no matter who is in office. Most of the time people are looking for subtle clues in carefully parsed language, signs of a shift in policy, things the president values, who he's listening to, what he's reading. Unfortunately we have a loose cannon who has more confidence in himself than he should, who believes reading is for losers, diplomacy is only a trick to get what you want, and details are boring. He doesn't respect other people. If he did he'd want to be sure to get the name right. This is far from the first time.

#23 | Posted by cbob at 2019-03-11 08:57 PM | Reply

@#22 ... I can't believe people even care about this. ...

I'd care about it as much as those in attendance. The cited article links to Axios ( www.axios.com ) which reports:

...Two donors who were there told me they couldn't understand why the president would make such a claim given the whole thing is captured on video. Nobody cared, they said, and Tim Cook took it in good humor by changing his Twitter profile to Tim Apple.

"I just thought, why would you lie about that," one of the donors told me. "It doesn't even matter!"...

Which reflects why I comment on it.

Why did Pres Trump think he needed to lie about this? Is he that insecure with himself, is his ego that fragile?

#24 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-03-11 09:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Jeff, in the video you can see Tim Apple bite his tongue. That's funny. I care about funny things.

#25 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-03-11 09:25 PM | Reply

#24 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

I think he's so far up his own ass that he lies to convince himself. That's now the reality to him; he just meant to say Tim Slash Apple.

#26 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-03-11 09:27 PM | Reply

I can't believe people even care about this.
#22 | Posted by JeffJ

People in all 57 states need to know.

#27 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-03-11 09:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I can't believe people even care about this.
#22 | Posted by JeffJ

Well done Jeff.

Donnie approves of your tactics.

#28 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-03-11 09:31 PM | Reply

I can't believe people even care about this.
#22 | Posted by JeffJ

Trump saying Tim Apple IS a silly non story unto itself.

What makes it a story is:

a. Trump blatantly lying to act like he didn't make a mistake.
b. Evidence of Trump's mental faculties, which given the number of gaffes he's made makes Alzheimer's or more likely syphilis a real risk.

#29 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-03-11 09:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

People in all 57 states need to know.

POSTED BY TRUTHHURTS AT 2019-03-11 09:27 PM | REPLY

HIGH FIVE Honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2019-03-11 09:49 PM | Reply

"#12 | POSTED BY ANGRYDAD AT 2019-03-11 05:06 PM"

Racist slur noted.

#31 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-03-11 09:55 PM | Reply

"Why waste time say lot word when few word do trick."

~Donnie Drumpf

#32 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-03-11 09:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"I'd guess a real American would probably have written somewhere they'd heard of, ohhh, like Moscow."

I could respond to this in several different ways. For one thing, I consider myself a citizen of the world/universe, so attacking the authenticity of my nationality is meaningless. For another, Donbass was very much in the news back around the time when Ukraine was invaded and partially annexed by Russia. IIRC, it was idiots from that area who shot down a commercial airline using Russian tech.

#33 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-03-11 10:01 PM | Reply

I guess he can never have enough time to be stupid

#34 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-03-12 04:26 AM | Reply

So basically he tripped on the sidewalk, almost fell but danced his way out of it saying "I meant to do that".

#35 | Posted by Sezu at 2019-03-12 07:45 AM | Reply

Our President appears to be incapable of apologizing. Like Derek Zoolander is incapable of turning right.

#36 | Posted by drivelikejehu at 2019-03-12 02:02 PM | Reply

I can't believe people even care about this.

#22 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

I can't believe that the Republican party elected a man to lead their party (and eventually become president) who cares about this.

#37 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-03-12 05:04 PM | Reply