Wednesday, March 06, 2019

"As we contemplate forcing parents to choose this or that vaccine, I think it's important to remember that force is not consistent with the American story, nor is force consistent with the liberty our forefathers sought when they came to America," said Paul, reading off a paper. "I don't think you have to have one or the other, though. I'm not here to say don't vaccinate your kids. If this hearing is for persuasion I'm all for the persuasion. I've vaccinated myself and I've vaccinated my kids. For myself and my children I believe that the benefits of vaccines greatly outweighing the risks, but I still don't favor giving up on liberty for a false sense of security."

Comments

How many here don't get their flu shots every year?

#1 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-03-07 08:28 AM | Reply

It would be cool if we were talking about the flu instead of polio.

I do like that you've finally came out as being pro-plague though. I'll bet it's been hard keeping it in.

#2 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-03-07 08:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

How many here don't get their flu shots every year?

#1 | POSTED BY SENTINEL AT 2019-03-07 08:28 AM | FLAG:

2007 was the last time I took the flu shot. So far I haven't had the flu.

#3 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-03-07 09:16 AM | Reply

How many here don't get their flu shots every year?

#1 | Posted by sentinel at 20

I get the flu shot every year

#4 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-03-07 09:28 AM | Reply

I get it as well, #4, I have to.

But #2 knows that's not the real issue here.

#5 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-03-07 09:33 AM | Reply

I don't see what Paul said that's wrong.

#6 | Posted by eberly at 2019-03-07 09:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't see what Paul said that's wrong.

#6 | Posted by eberly at 2019-

He's trying to walk both sides of a fence that has only one.

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2019-03-07 09:49 AM | Reply

Even Reason is taking him to task on this.

#8 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-03-07 10:04 AM | Reply

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-03-07 10:14 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

-He's trying to walk both sides of a fence that has only one.

What is it you want him to say, Zed?

#10 | Posted by eberly at 2019-03-07 10:24 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

What is it you want him to say, Zed?

#10 | Posted by eberly at

He needs to say that vaccination is a hallmark of civilization and good manners.

#11 | Posted by Zed at 2019-03-07 10:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

fine. get 99 other senators to say that then....well good luck with that.

#12 | Posted by eberly at 2019-03-07 10:52 AM | Reply

eberly provides proof that todays rebranded "libertarians" are a plague on society
libertarian is just a "conservative" who is too much of a ----- to admit it
Dandy Paul perfectly epitomizes these dishonest snakes

#13 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-03-07 11:14 AM | Reply

-Paul is clearly not an anti-vaxxer, but he's being lumped in and labeled as one by ming mongs who are more interested in scoring political points than actually increasing the vaccination rate.

exactly.

and the drunken savage in #13 is so wasted already that he can't remember who considers themself a libertarian.

Apparently that --------- thinks I consider myself one.....which is almost as absurd as assuming that injun is ever sober.

#14 | Posted by eberly at 2019-03-07 11:22 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Thinks I am one"

It's obvious you are a douchebag. Just like Dandy.

#15 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-03-07 11:47 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

FF

#16 | Posted by eberly at 2019-03-07 11:53 AM | Reply

How many here don't get their flu shots every year?

#1 | POSTED BY SENTINEL

I think this is a really good question because it shows how rapidly diseases can spread in our society.
Imagine if instead of the flu it was another preventable but more fatal or permanently debilitating disease spreading in a similar manner. That's what happened before we had vaccinations and it's what will happen again if a large number of people embrace the idiocy that is the anti-vac movement

#17 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2019-03-07 04:17 PM | Reply

Oh it's about to get way more sketchy. Global Warming is thawing out virus and bacteria we have zero defenses for.

#18 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2019-03-07 06:27 PM | Reply

Even though I vaccinated our kid.. I have no doubt nature will come up with something else to thin the heard... got to maintain the balance.

Flu shot mandated every year when on dyalisis.

#19 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2019-03-07 11:40 PM | Reply

I'm in favor of vaccinations. I don't personally get a flu shot, but that's because I have a hyper-overactive immune system. It's the reason I have plaque psoriasis and psoriatic-arthritis. I manage the symptoms with expensive drugs (thank God we have good insurance). As of now, there is no known cure for my affliction.

The silver lining is that I rarely get sick. My white blood cells are Frank Cotton at the molecular level.

#20 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-03-07 11:45 PM | Reply

" I think it's important to remember that force is not consistent with the American story..."

LOL!!!