Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz, a staunch ally of President Donald Trump, threatened Michael Cohen on Tuesday with the release of damaging personal information, the latest in a string of increasingly aggressive attacks on Trump's former lawyer as he testifies before Congress this week.

Comments

Can Republicans drag this country down any further?

#1 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2019-02-26 06:50 PM | Reply

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

That's called "threatening a witness", a felony I do believe.

#2 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-02-26 07:09 PM | Reply

"Hey, nice family you got there Michael, be a shame if somebody accidentally you know, could get hit with a bag a broken glass, or ya know, or like battery acid or somptumn like dat, ya know, I'm not sayin, I'm just saying. Enjoy testifying, There Michael, if you get stuck in traffic er somptumn, we can pick yer daughter up at school and see to it she gets home ok. No worries, pal, we know where she lives. So, like I said, enjoy testifying, there Michael".

#3 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-02-26 07:23 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Tweet of the day, IMO:

WitnessTestingHat @Popehat

Let me put it this way: if one of my clients made a statement to a witness like @mattgaetz did, I'd be telling them to board their dogs so they don't get shot when the arrest team shows up.

#4 | Posted by chuffy at 2019-02-26 08:55 PM | Reply

Part (the last) of cohen's opening statement, in open court, is to say that he would have no problem with his wife reaching out to matt gaetz's office, and they could present what proof they have of his marital infidelity, and....within 3 hrs of gaetz's tweet, he'd been contacted and furnished information that he'd be happy to share with mrs. gaetz.

#5 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-02-26 09:07 PM | Reply

#5 | POSTED BY 1947STEAMER AT 2019-02-26 09:07 PM | REPLY | FLAG HEH

Someone should talk to this guy about what happened to republicl*wns after they went all Lewensky on Clinton... the clowns were dropping like flies in the aftermath... sad.

#6 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-02-26 09:14 PM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY RIGHTISTRITE

dems wouldn't/shouldn't mention it. if republicans wanted to take their time talking about what cohen said in his opening, big deal

#7 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-02-26 09:35 PM | Reply

This is what innocent people do right? Sick their goons to intimidate witnesses?

#8 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-02-26 09:50 PM | Reply

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

#9 | Posted by SunTzuMeow at 2019-02-26 10:26 PM | Reply

Can Republicans drag this country down any further?

#1 | POSTED BY TFDNIHILIST AT 2019-02-26 06:50 PM | REPLY |

no. America ended when we found out trump was caging thousands of kids and no one did, or has done, anything about it.

#10 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-02-26 10:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

@itsJeffTiedrich
no one could have predicted that the party of Nazis, child molesters, wife beaters, pedophile wrestling coaches, election fraudsters, compromised Russian assets, blackout-drunk rapist judges and bone saw murder apologists would also be the party of witness-tampering congressmen

#11 | Posted by JOE at 2019-02-26 10:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Alexandrite's point is spot on and WE ALL should be ashamed that we have allowed this situation to continue. The crime we are collectively committing against those children and their families is a crime against humanity and should be dealth with as such. I am ashamed to be an American today.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2019-02-27 08:19 AM | Reply

I, for one, forgive Big Matt. Fat, drug-addicted Gays say a lot of crazy stuff, as we have seen...

#13 | Posted by catdog at 2019-02-27 09:08 AM | Reply

Republicans are truly terrified of Cohen's testimony, aren't they?

I thought his testimony would end up being a nothingburger, mainly because there are so many things that he is not allowed to talk about due to ongoing investigations. But conservatives are panicking so much, I am starting to think today might be pretty interesting.

#14 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2019-02-27 09:12 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm not sure what is more disgusting and/or desperate. The Democrats in Congress or Cohen

#15 | Posted by JordyPete at 2019-02-27 09:35 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I'm not sure what is more disgusting and/or desperate.

#15 | Posted by JordyPete at 201

Donald Trump, the well-known criminal, is going to be even more well-known after today.

#16 | Posted by Zed at 2019-02-27 09:41 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I think the hope is that eventually Trump will be shown to be such a criminal that even people like JORDY will become ashamed of pimping for him.

#17 | Posted by Zed at 2019-02-27 09:43 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#15 | Posted by JordyPete

The answer is C: the paid russian trolls.

#18 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-02-27 11:22 AM | Reply

#15 | POSTED BY JORDYPETE

I'm going with option C- you and everybody else who still supports Trump.

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2019-02-27 11:42 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#15 | POSTED BY JORDYPETE

Says the guy who thought Bush was a Democrat.

#20 | Posted by Sycophant at 2019-02-27 11:45 AM | Reply

Rcade,

I created the same thread and it's on the back page.

Would you mind merging the 2 threads, please?

#21 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-02-27 02:18 PM | Reply

#15 | Posted by JordyPete at 2019-02-27 09:35 AM

Answer; YOU, shilling and so badly for trump. I mean, REALLY. If you are going to BS, lie, and obfuscate, at least do it like an effing professional. You lie so badly, every day, that your rank amateurism is disgusting.

#22 | Posted by e1g1 at 2019-02-28 10:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#15 | POSTED BY Comrade JORDYPETE

My vote is you and your kind there Ruskie!

#23 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-02-28 02:59 PM | Reply