Thursday, February 21, 2019

‘My dear departed grandmothers... as well as my deceased parents, must be turning in their grave right now to see their family's name, reputation and proud Jamaican identity being connected, in any way, jokingly or not, with the fraudulent stereotype of a pot-smoking joy seeker and in the pursuit of identity politics."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

That's professor Donald Harris, the Jamaican father of Democratic presidential hopeful Kamala Harris, reportedly sounding off this week in a statement to Jamaica Global Online about his daughter's interview on the New York Breakfast Club radio show.

Kamala Harris, who admitted to smoking pot -- "I did inhale" -- was also asked by the host about accusations that she has, in the past, opposed legalization efforts.

"Half my family's from Jamaica, are you kidding me?" she said.

Comments

Who cares if Kamala smokes pot and made a little joke about it.

Her dad sounds kind of like up tight jerk.

There are real things to be weary about Kamala but this is just stupid

#1 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-02-21 07:54 AM | Reply

My Dad certainly didn't approve of me for many years though in his last few years he actually had a change of heart. I feel sorry for Kamala having to put up with that jerk, I hope he realizes what an a*****e he is acting like before his demise. I am very glad my Dad did.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2019-02-21 08:32 AM | Reply

My Dad didn't approve of you, either.

#3 | Posted by Spork at 2019-02-21 08:40 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

This is awesome!!!

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-02-21 09:05 AM | Reply

made a little joke about it.

If someone whom your politics disagreed with, you would call it a racist comment.

That is not why he is "dissociating" from her ...

All that being said

BicuspidBeto/IGetHighHarris 2020

#5 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-02-21 10:15 AM | Reply

Fortunately, cannabis is legal in Cali, so there's no danger that Tokamala will run out of ganja, man.

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-02-21 10:24 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

5 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-02-21 10:15 AM | R

Uhm how did you not notice in my comment I disagree politically with Kamala

"There are real things to be weary about Kamala but this is just stupid

#1 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-02-21 07:54 AM |"

Besides, she was making fun of her own heritage which is different then making fun of another person heritage

#7 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2019-02-21 11:01 AM | Reply

They should should look into her relationship with jussie smollet and her anti lynch bill. She should be locked up for planning this false flag. Jussie was just her beeotch boy

#8 | Posted by mutant at 2019-02-21 11:27 AM | Reply

Slamming your child in public. Trashy.

Besides, prohibition of MJ is what people should be ashamed of.

#9 | Posted by bored at 2019-02-21 12:33 PM | Reply

Tokamala ought to be ashamed of her own record on cannabis.

"She opted not to join in other states' attempts to take marijuana off the DEA's list of most dangerous substances. When Obama raided California's medical marijuana dispensaries, Harris put out an empty statement. When asked about legalizing recreational marijuana in 2012, only a week after the New York Times endorsed national legalization and less than a year before she started warning about the failure of the war on drugs. Harris laughed. As was the case with respect to the three-strikes law, her 2014 Republican opponent ran to her left on the issue."

#10 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-02-21 12:45 PM | Reply

Obviously, punch don't know about Jamaican parents.

#11 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-02-21 08:58 PM | Reply

Well, she pissed off pops.

#12 | Posted by fresno500 at 2019-02-22 05:46 PM | Reply