Monday, February 18, 2019

Businesses and government agencies in the United States have been targeted in aggressive attacks by Iranian and Chinese hackers who security experts believe have been energized by President Trump's withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal last year and his trade conflicts with China.

Comments

Pay no attention to national security threats....Trump needs more attention.

#1 | Posted by kudzu at 2019-02-18 03:22 PM | Reply

He's starting wars with the world and cutting education. He's taking money from military to build stupid campaign stunts.

This is a real threat!

#2 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-02-18 03:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Energized". If these attacks hadn't been happening regularly beforehand this would be a huge story. Since both China and Iran have been hacking us for years, this is nothing new. That doesn't mean that it isn't a problem, but it one that we have been dealing with for a long time.

IF CHINA HACKED MARRIOTT, 2014 MARKED A FULL-ON ASSAULT

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-02-18 04:18 PM | Reply

Nobody knows who is behind these attacks. It could be a 400 pound hacker called 4chan.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2019-02-18 04:41 PM | Reply

I don't know whether or not the Chinese and Russian hackers have been energized by Pres Trump.

I do know that the amount of suspicious activity at my web server originating with IP addresses assigned to Russia and China has skyrocketed in the past couple of years.

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-02-19 12:12 AM | Reply

Since both China and Iran have been hacking us for years

Hey RIGHTLEFTCENTER.... China has world class hacking capability.

Iran has none. All they have is photoshop capability.

Paranoid much?

HOOHAA!!!

#6 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-02-19 12:21 AM | Reply

@#6 ... Iran has none. ...

I suspect you may be too far over the tips of your skis on that one.

#7 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-02-19 12:26 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I used to live in Pakistan. Bloody neighbors.

I am pretty sure I know more about what Iran can or can't do than anyone here. And so do American decision makers... they just want to scare our pants off.

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-02-19 12:43 AM | Reply

When you are busy 24/7 turning Islam into a cheap circus act, hacking will be one thing you will never learn.

I have nothing but contempt for these people, their religion and their country.. "Eeeron" (thats how they pronounce it... LOL).

#9 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-02-19 12:52 AM | Reply

@#8 ... I am pretty sure I know more about what Iran can or can't do than anyone here. ...

What you post reveals a different scenario.

To say that "Iran has none" is just wrong. For example:

Iran hackers hunt nuclear workers, US targets
www.apnews.com

That does not sound like "none" to me.

Maybe you just need to back off the hyperbole to be more believable?

#10 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-02-19 12:52 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Now if "Eeeron" has hired Russians.... THAT would be a different story!

#11 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-02-19 12:55 AM | Reply

Maybe you just need to back off the hyperbole to be more believable?

I see... you need more details about my thought process... OK.

Many years ago, there was am exploit called "Sun Seven". You downloaded it and attached it to an email disguised as something innocent. I did that and spread it on all over a gay Pakistani forum pretending to be a horny gay person.

It worked. And it worked PERFECTLY.

I got into other people's emails... I changed their passwords, locking them out... I did all kinds of fun stuff.

I called myself a "hacker" until I ran into a real hacker who explained I was just a "script kiddie".

A "script kiddie" is someone who uses an exploit written by someone else, following directions written by someone else. They are not real "hackers".

Iran is a "script kiddie" at best and not a good one at that. They may have tried.. anyone can try... but do they generally succeed? Nope.

On the other hand, when Russians or the Chinese hack you, they leave a mark. It hurts. THOSE are "hackers".

#12 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-02-19 01:11 AM | Reply

"Sun Seven"... typo.. it's SUB Seven.

#13 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-02-19 01:12 AM | Reply

Everything about EEron is a lie or an exaggeration. All their achievements, all their missiles (which never land on target).. all BS all the time.

Eeron is a ------ little nation that barks loud in the hope that people won't find out they are not even half the size they pretend to be.

#14 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-02-19 01:15 AM | Reply

But hey if we want Americans to think Erron is a master hacker or whatever.. that's cool too.

Maybe it will just persuade us to finish their story sooner. Which would be a good thing.

#15 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-02-19 01:17 AM | Reply

One of these adversaries is not like the other, lol.

#16 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-02-19 06:07 AM | Reply

China has Huawei, tech which implemented could be a back door to communications worldwide flowing over their networks. Iran has nothing like that.

#17 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-02-19 06:09 AM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY BORED..............It could be a 400 pound hacker called 4chan.

more likely...40,000 hackers named -- Chin

#18 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-02-19 07:21 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Manafort delivers precise polling data to the russians

we know the russians had a massive presence on social media in the last election

we know for a fact that russia has hacked all the way into the pentagon..reportedly "jus lookin'"

77,000 votes in key districts swung the election....when clinton amassed over 3 million more total votes

I'm not saying Lee Harvey Oswald was responsible for clintons' loss...but he was blamed before, and later revealed facts, indicate there may have been more to the story. maybe there's more to the 2016 election story too

P.S. and damn if there wasn't a russian connection with LHO too

#19 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-02-19 07:39 AM | Reply

Russia got Trump elected once, they WILL do it, again.

#20 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2019-02-19 11:06 AM | Reply

#7 | Posted by LampLighter

I suspect he posts so frequently and with such exaggeration because he just likes to hear himself.

He is of course way off base on Iran. Underestimating your enemy and their capabilities is a sure way to lose.

#21 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2019-02-19 12:48 PM | Reply

I suspect he posts so frequently

I was talking to a person who ... I think... is more bright than you are. So I went into a bit of detail.

I know talking in detail kills brain cells in Trump lovers... I apologize for the pain I caused you.

He is of course way off base on Iran

Iran's biggest enemy isn't USA, it isn't Israel, it's the country it's fighting a proxy war against in Yemen... Saudi Arabia.

And hey lookitthat! No cyber attacks on Saudis! DUH

A country having hacking abilities depends on their infrastructure. Iran simply hasn't got the fiber, the computers, the networks and the people.

Iran hasn't even been known to deface a website or conduct a Denial of Service attack. These the very basic things hackers are capable of. Iran has never done such.

Underestimating your enemy and their capabilities is a sure way to lose.

Like the US lost in Afghanistan and has now turned into a surrender-monkey?

Yep. You are correct.

However *I* never underestimate.

#22 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-02-19 01:37 PM | Reply

This is a real threat!
#2 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

Do you really believe everything you are told? Why don't you research it yourself? I realize that you feel defenseless and confused because the people that you trust, the Democrats in Congress, are telling you lies, but shouldn't you do your own research?

#23 | Posted by JordyPete at 2019-02-20 10:34 AM | Reply