Monday, February 11, 2019

A Trump-supporting West Virginia Republican state lawmaker is who is under fire for calling LGBT people a "terrorist group" and likening them to the KKK this weekend said he'd "see if they can swim" when asked what he would do if they came out as gay. Delegate Eric Porterfield was asked by a WVVA reporter "what would happen" if his son or daughter came to him years from now and said they might be gay or lesbian. "Well, I would dress my daughter first, as I would take her for a pedicure, I'd take her to get her nails done, and see if she could swim," Porterfield, who was elected to the West Virginia House in November, said as he smiled. "If it was my son, I would probably take him hunting, I would take him fishing, then I'd see if he could swim," Porterfield, wearing a MAGA hat, replied without hesitation. He continued to grin as the reporter, somewhat shocked, paused, then asked him to clarify.

Comments

Sounds like a very backwards country.

#1 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-02-11 08:37 PM | Reply

Sounds like a man struggling with deep seeded homosexuality.

#2 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-02-11 08:51 PM | Reply

Yep, this guy is deeply closeted. He likely enjoys his share of man sausage from time to time.

#3 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-02-11 08:56 PM | Reply

"under fire for calling LGBT people a "terrorist group" and likening them to the KKK this weekend"

Has anyone in his own party called on him to apologize to the Jews for his remarks?

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-02-11 09:00 PM | Reply

He's definitely a closet case.

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2019-02-11 09:31 PM | Reply

What happens when they can swim?

How old is he expecting these kids to be when they come out to him?

Besides. Kevin Hart said he'd beat his gay kids up. He seems to be doing just fine.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2019-02-11 09:33 PM | Reply

"Sounds like a very backwards country."

It's full of semi-misundereducated people.

Like you.

#7 | Posted by Angrydad at 2019-02-12 07:11 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hahahahahahaha!
I knew Reinheit's version of this thread would make it to the front page, even though this one was posted first and didn't need to have hate speech cleaned up from the headline.

#8 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-02-12 08:48 AM | Reply

His kids became gay because of their swim instructors.

#9 | Posted by kudzu at 2019-02-13 11:05 AM | Reply

See if they can swim?

What in the hell is that even supposed to mean?

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-02-13 01:10 PM | Reply