Monday, February 11, 2019

On July 27, 2017, Johnny Wheatcroft was a passenger in a silver Ford Taurus when a pair of Glendale police officers pulled in front them in a Motel 6 parking lot. The stop was for an alleged turn signal violation. Minutes later, Wheatcroft was handcuffed lying face down on the hot asphalt on a 108-degree day. He'd already been tased 10 times, with one officer kneeling on his back as another, Officer Matt Schneider, kicked him in the groin and pulled down his athletic shorts to tase him a final time in his testicles, according to a federal lawsuit and body camera footage obtained by ABC15.

Comments

Warning: The video is tough to watch.

It will also get your blood boiling watching cops so thoroughly and unprofessionally abuse their power.

#1 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-02-11 02:29 PM | Reply

So, justified?

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-02-11 02:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Who are you asking?

In no way was that justified.

#3 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-02-11 02:40 PM | Reply

What sort of reprimand is appropriate?

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-02-11 02:47 PM | Reply

Reprimand?

These cops need to be prosecuted.

#5 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-02-11 02:53 PM | Reply

For God's sake man, these gentlemen were white!
- JeffJ

#6 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-02-11 06:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Warning: The video is tough to watch."

I'm sure Boaz is enjoying it on multiple levels.

#7 | Posted by Angrydad at 2019-02-11 06:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"... Officer Schneider, who has won multiple awards from the police chief and has represented Glendale twice on the TV show Cops..."

So...it wasn't even one of the "bad ones".

#8 | Posted by Angrydad at 2019-02-11 06:42 PM | Reply

"These cops need to be prosecuted."

That's a trial.
That's not a reprimand.
Firing them, forfeiting their pensions, those are reprimands.
Do you favor that?

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-02-11 07:40 PM | Reply

Reprimand?

These cops need to be prosecuted.

#5 | Posted by JeffJ

Step 1 - Stop pretending the parties are equally bad.
Step 2 - Stop voting for the party that doesn't want to hold bad cops accountable.

#10 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-02-11 07:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

stupid----------- tweakers..cops are my 2nd least favorite people..the stupids are 1st. I'm not excusing the cops but I'm more reliant on profiling than the I am on carrying a piece all the time to feel safe...and this bunch reeked of trouble

#11 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-02-11 07:55 PM | Reply

and this bunch reeked of trouble

#11 | POSTED BY 1947STEAMER

Yeah.

Especially the kid. He was definitely up to no good. He has probably ran with scissors before.

Bad news for sure.

#12 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-02-11 07:59 PM | Reply

#12 | POSTED BY MRSILENCEDOGOOD

they didn't taze the kid...and didn't they find crank in the car. why didn't anyone else in the car get tazed. if he'd been black he'd got shot

#13 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-02-11 08:21 PM | Reply

"in a silver Ford Taurus... The stop was for an alleged turn signal violation.

Drive a cop car long enough and you being driving like a cop.

#14 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2019-02-11 08:27 PM | Reply

Let's talk about all the progress we've made on race.

The police are treating whites like they used to, and still, treat blacks.

That's what you liberals wanted, isn't it?

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-02-11 08:33 PM | Reply

I hope to read a story about these cops being found beaten to death in a gutter.

Dangerous sociopaths who will have undue support and protection from the criminal justice system.

#16 | Posted by jpw at 2019-02-11 10:19 PM | Reply

#9 Snoofy,

Do I favor that?

Hell yes I do!

#17 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-02-11 10:31 PM | Reply

and didn't they find crank in the car.

#13 | POSTED BY 1947STEAMER

I don't know what they found in the car, and I also didn't know that being tazed 11 times was the punishment for possession of meth in Arizona.

#18 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2019-02-12 03:30 AM | Reply

White cop
Illegal Aliens

Enuf for me... light'em up.

In fact, they should have purchased the optional TASER car battery cables.

Those little 9 volt batteries just can't handle those thick criminal hides...

Glendale Arizona isn't a sanctuary city but Glendale California is.... I think they got confused..

#19 | Posted by Pegasus at 2019-02-12 03:59 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

My SOP:

Avoid the police at any inconvenience to yourself.

They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and made into the harshest examples. Yes, they should forfeit their pensions etc.. for being criminal garbage and a danger to a peaceful society.

#20 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-02-12 08:20 AM | Reply

Remind me again how we are supposed to obey police without question.
...
But, it's ok to shoot black people in the back if they run, or gun down a kid holding a plastic gun.

Its time for a complete change of culture interacting with police, and they interacting with us.

#21 | Posted by e1g1 at 2019-02-12 10:30 AM | Reply

"Wheatcroft and Chapman, who were arrested and charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, spent months in jail after the incident because they couldn't afford bail.

Chapman agreed to plead guilty to a lesser charge in order to get home to her children, her attorneys said."

our system is broken.

#22 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-02-12 10:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

our system is broken.

#22 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-02-12 10:53 AMFlag: (Choose)FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusive

I'm 50 this year and I don't ever remember when the "system" was ever fair to the less fortunate. I do remember a time when I didn't have to worry about the police beating my ass for nothing though.

As a 50 yr old white male, it makes me nervous to interact with the thugs on the beat today. Where I live, I will say that the most professional officers are the State Police. Local and Parish authorities are Neanderthal, roid-raging gangsters for the most part, that you want absolutely zero interaction with.

#23 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2019-02-12 12:39 PM | Reply

Pulling down his shorts while tangled in his seatbelt and tazing him in the dick a balls in front of his kid.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

#24 | Posted by madscientist at 2019-02-12 09:29 PM | Reply

I have seen horrible abuse before, this was the hardest to watch. Had to stop the vid...too much.

Disgusting.

#25 | Posted by Petrous at 2019-02-12 09:36 PM | Reply

Nearly 1200 Dead Children Since Parkland Massacre

There is a correlation folks...yeah in this case you have photographic evidence of something that happens all over this country every single day. we shoot little kids to death in this country..he got tazed in the balls. read you some "PoGo"

#26 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-02-13 01:44 AM | Reply

Yea, let's disarm so the state has more power. Face it, if this individual did what he is accused of he wasn't acting as a law enforcement officer, he was a criminal. If his partner or any other officer observed his actions and did not try to prevent this or report this behavior immediately after are guilty of multiple felonies. The tradition of "tuning up" a miscreant is as old as police forces. I remember one of my acquaintances about 40 years ago, a young man of unbridled mouth who got loud when under the influence, made a few unsolicited remarks to a patrolman and his assistant. They arrested the young man, citing several statues and cuffed he went into the patrol car. (Honestly it was just a noise complaint)I thought he was going to be in jail, so I called up his parents to see if they wanted to bail him, but within a couple of hours he was back at his parents place. Their method was ingenious. They just carried him around town stopping at different places. This is Texas, it is August. The cops were only out of the car for about 10 minutes, but the temp in the cab would get to be better than 150. The forth stop was his address on his driver's license. Inflecting punishment on anyone is not the responsibility of the police, it is the reason we have courts. It is a line police in a free society require. Otherwise we could have cops like they have in Europe. They are very tough and they are empowered to do anything they feel necessary to maintain order or enforce compliance. Yes, they routinely tune up minor miscreants. Europe isn't as free as you might believe.

#27 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-02-13 06:14 AM | Reply