Friday, February 08, 2019

A top health official in the Trump administration told a House subcommittee that the agency tasked with caring for unaccompanied migrant children would never "have supported" family separations at the border. "Neither I nor any career person in [the Office of Refugee Resettlement] would ever have supported such a policy proposal," Cmdr. Jonathan White said at the hearing Thursday. The testimony also comes after an inspector general report found "thousands" more children may have been separated from their parents than previously reported. "I really think that what we're talking about is state-sponsored child abuse, and I would go as far as to say kidnapping of children," Rep. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill., said during the hearing.

Comments

I guess we know who's going to be looking for new employment soon.

#1 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-02-08 12:32 PM | Reply

It is state sponsored 'kidnapping', followed by state sponsored child abuse.

You built this Republicans. Wear it with all the shame it warrants.

#2 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-02-08 12:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Family values! Every life is sacred!

#3 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2019-02-08 06:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Quoting Timothy McVeigh: "that's a large amount of collateral damage."

I say that's callous disregard for human life. In March 2001, the McVeigh quote was chilling but nowadays
having the highest offices trading like Monopoly pieces, moving people around like cattle seems like a normal activity.

#4 | Posted by LesWit at 2019-02-08 06:32 PM | Reply

"what we're talking about is state-sponsored child abuse"

The Trumpers know that.

They call it hurting the people who need to get hurt.

We should all stop acting so freaking surprised that sixty million Americans think this way.

It's not like they woke up on Jan 20, 2017 and decided to be goons. They always have been.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-02-08 06:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

"Terrorism is, in the broadest sense, the use of intentionally indiscriminate violence as a means to create terror among masses of people; or fear to achieve a religious or political aim.["

So republicans are all terrorists now. I guess that means we can kill them without due process right?

#6 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-02-08 06:43 PM | Reply

Um, headline fail?

#7 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-02-08 06:45 PM | Reply

Headline is fake news.

#8 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-02-08 06:46 PM | Reply

"Headline is fake news."

You're right; the word "committee member" should replace "official".

The claim itself, however, is a fact.

#9 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-02-08 06:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Now that we cleared that up, why do Sentinel and Nullifidian support this policy?

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-02-08 06:51 PM | Reply

@#9 ... You're right; the word "committee member" should replace "official". ...

fwiw, That is not the headline I had on the original summary I posted.

The headline I put on it mentioned that the Trump admin official would have never supported family separations. But in 60 characters. :)

#11 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-02-08 07:02 PM | Reply

But enough about the other students.

#12 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-02-08 07:04 PM | Reply

"i remember when I was separated from my parents and forced to go to public school."

All this time we figured you were homeschooled! It really does explain so much...

What public school inculcated your lifelong love for Nazi symbols, or did that happen elsewhere?

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-02-08 07:15 PM | Reply

- Nazi symbols

Dulli may have taken them from him... instead of his lunch money.

#14 | Posted by Corky at 2019-02-08 08:48 PM | Reply

"i remember when I was separated from my parents and forced to go to public school. That was child abuse."

Why? Did they change their names and move away?

#15 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-02-08 10:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Another day, another slander by useless pieces of ---- on here. But hey, anything goes on the Retort, right? As long as we're not talking about ---- sapiens, David ------ or calling someone a ----.

#16 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-02-09 03:46 AM | Reply

#12 | Posted by sentinel at 20

Stupid and evil often covary.

#17 | Posted by Zed at 2019-02-09 08:26 AM | Reply

#12 | Posted by sentinel at 20

Do you remember that first day of class, when teacher said you could never see your parents again?

#18 | Posted by Zed at 2019-02-09 08:27 AM | Reply

The only thing that's likely to touch a Trumpite emotionally is getting less in income tax refund.

#19 | Posted by Zed at 2019-02-09 08:28 AM | Reply

Zed is a ----.

#20 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-02-09 01:18 PM | Reply

Illegal alien sob story of the day.

#21 | Posted by willowby at 2019-02-09 06:32 PM | Reply