Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Prosecutors in New York's Southern District have subpoenaed documents from President Donald Trump's inauguration committee indicating that even as the special counsel probe appears to be nearing an end, another investigation that could hamstring the president and his lawyers is widening. The contact from the Southern District, which came from its public corruption section, is the latest activity focusing on Trump's political fundraising both before and immediately after his 2016 election.

Comments

Recently, internal documents obtained by ABC News showed the committee spent more than $1.5 million at the Trump International Hotel in Washington ahead of the president's 2017 swearing-in. It is part of an array of expenditures there and elsewhere that included more than $130,000 for customized seat cushions at two gala dinners for the president-elect, $10,000 to provide makeup to the servers at another formal dinner, and $2.7 million to a company that produced a Broadway-style rendition of Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" using Las Vegas showgirls flown in by Trump pal Steve Wynn for a private event.

Questions about the inaugural spending were first raised last year when tax filings disclosed the five largest vendors included payments of nearly $26 million to an event planning firm run by a one-time adviser and close friend of Melania Trump. The adviser, Stephanie Winston-Wolkoff, created a company called WIS Media Partners based in California that handled some of the festivities. That firm paid out contracts to other sub-contractors that were hired and used some of the funds to hire sub-contractors.

The official Trump Inaugural Hymm: Oh, give me the cash boys, and feed my soul, I want to get lost in your graft and polls and grift away

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-02-04 09:36 PM | Reply

They (Trump Inc) ------!

#2 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-02-05 02:53 AM | Reply

Ivanka better start figuring out how to accessorize an orange jumpsuit.

#3 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-02-05 06:56 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Unfortunately, I have a level of expertise in this area that isn't to be commended, however, i can guarantee that if we weren't speaking about a sitting president, there'd already be RICO indictments. wire and mail fraud..tax evasion, just to start

#4 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2019-02-05 07:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2019-02-05 09:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I'm exhausted from following the Trump mob corruption. Let me know when Donald is wearing handcuffs.

#6 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2019-02-05 09:36 AM | Reply

"Everyone knows this money found its way into Trump family bank accounts. Everyone knew it the day after Inauguration. This phase is anti-climax, except for those guilty."

This really is the low hanging fruit of the investigation. Clear evidence showing what they did, or more appropriately didn't do, with inauguration money has been available since early 2017.

#7 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-02-05 09:46 AM | Reply

Let me know when Donald is wearing handcuffs.

#6 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2019-02-05 09:36 AM | Reply

I intend to have a barbecue at his execution. You're invited. Do you like potato salad with mustard or mayonnaise?

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2019-02-05 09:47 AM | Reply

I guess I'll leave this here too.

nypost.com

#9 | Posted by qcp at 2019-02-05 01:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Big surprise. On the his very first day in power, a con man is already pulling cons on the country.

#10 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-02-05 01:12 PM | Reply

Let me know when Donald is wearing handcuffs.
#6 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2019-02-05 09:36 AM | Reply

Do they make handcuffs that tiny?

#11 | Posted by Nixon at 2019-02-05 01:44 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

@#9 ... I guess I'll leave this here too. ...

"I was just a coffee boy."

#12 | Posted by LampLighter at 2019-02-05 04:33 PM | Reply

www.youtube.com

#13 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-02-05 07:33 PM | Reply

Adam Schiff on Twitter

@RepAdamSchiff

Apparently Trump's Inauguration had nothing to do with Trump.

Nor did his campaign chairman.
Nor his lawyer.
Nor his national security adviser.
Nor his foreign policy adviser.

And given the amount of Executive Time, the presidency doesn't have much to do with him either.

#14 | Posted by tonyroma at 2019-02-05 08:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

It's amazing that he was only able to raise less than half of what Clinton raised and he was still (most likely) crooked about it.

Trump sucks at being a crook.

#15 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-02-06 10:05 AM | Reply

To clarify #15 what I was saying was that if his fundraising was crooked you'd think he would have fared better than Clinton.

In no way am I trying to deflect to Clinton.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-02-06 10:06 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Trump sucks at being a crook"

Trump is a crook
but not as good as a crook as Hillary

its a wash

--- inSincerely jeffj

#17 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2019-02-06 10:19 AM | Reply

Trump sucks at being a crook.

#15 | Posted by JeffJ

It's amazing that Nixon did so much less than Trump and yet was forced to resign the Presidency by his own party.

I am in no way defecting to Nixon and Watergate and how similar Nixon's crimes were to Trump's crimes.

#18 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-02-06 06:46 PM | Reply

It's all just smoke, everyone. No fire. Nothing to see here. Go back to your homes. Everything is fine. Boy oh boy did you see the stock market today? Hoowee, howboutthat401k, amirite? God bless the United States of America, amirite? And Jesus, and Two Corinthians. You know what I mean.

And that tax cut, woo doggies! Between you and casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, that will save you guys $670 million! Of course, $670 million of that is for Sheldon, and none for you, but there's absolutely NO COLLUSION, and everything's fine, and WE NEED THAT WALL, and Crooked Hillary Benghazi'd us all to death with her emails but I had a big show on TV that got really good ratings but did John McCain? did Arnold Schwarzenegger? no, hE did Not! big Flop! Just like Chuck and Nancy. What was that Clap she did? I get no respect. I think I need to poop. WHere's my phone?

- Donald J. Trump